A Primer For Those Considering Expatriation

I recently read Matt Bracken’s book Enemies Foreign and Domestic and just prior Kirt Schlicter’s Peoples Republic. Both stories are action stories where patriotic citizens with military training take on the growing corruption in the federal government.
Many other authors take on this same issue in a non-fiction manor.
I don’t personally have nearly enough $$ to make expatriation reasonable from a tax avoidance perspective.
But, like most people here, I feel uncomfortable with what appears to be a systematic erosion of personal freedoms in the name of public safety.
Also, there appears to be a systematic dismantling of national (and religious / cultural) identity in the name of “inclusiveness,” but whose real purpose is suspected of being creating homogenized masses without coherent identity, that are fragmented and hence, easy to dominate.
I might be interested in escaping to a non-US location where basic freedom of movement and expression might persist a generation or two longer. Perhaps this would simply be a lower tech state where the electronic control noose was not as developed.
And in an event that may be partially related: Today is the anniversary of the Israeli attack on the USS Liberty during the 6 day war with Egypt.

Though it is difficult to know exactly why this happened --as official denials and a clear cover-up “investigation” happened-- we can guess. That guess is that Israel loyal factions within the US government and the Israeli military together attempted a false-flag attack on a US ship, which was to be blamed on Egypt, to bring the US military into fight for Israel’s ascendance as the regional hegemon. This project was intended to spend the lives of US soldiers for this purpose.