Brad Birkenfeld: Lucifer's Banker

But does anyone know how to get around losing 10% on the purchase of metals. I need ideas. Anyone have any?

I went rogue many years ago. Only precious metals I can afford that still deliver value .I suppose you could get it in Gold and still play the PM markets, in the meantime.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-8-lb-Splitting-Maul-with-34-in-Fiberglass-Handle-34208/204168125

These questions show us the limits of reason folks ( and maybe of the enlightenment). These days I’m inclined to see humanity as teenagers out of control - you’ve got to let them discover the painful limits of their situation. And if we can’t see solutions maybe we can’t see very much of reality either.
For religious people I believe they had useful things for hopeless times. Weren’t they called the cardinal virtues? Because any other virtues needed could be derieved from them. Faith. Hope. Charity. I don’t think computer logic has got the hang of that yet. We may need to retrace our steps to find an exit in the gloom. It’s not too complicated for a human. It could take AI some time. Maybe we do some things better?
Pascal did talk of the reasons of the heart " of which reason does not know “. I know Silicone Valley’s got a brain but I wouldn’t know where to find it’s heart.
I’ve also had this intuition for along time, that the more energy anything need to live the more there seems to be wrong with it. Obviously we don’t score highly there…
As the Kerry Fire Brigade are reported to have said " Keep the Fire going until we get there!”

I would also caution that while societies, governments, families, banks may not change, some individuals can and will when all other options are closed off. I call it the self-torture option. People become sensible even if it is in extremis.