G. Edward Griffin: Exposing The Creature From Jekyll Island

If you look at the history of the gaseous composition of the atmosphere, well, by golly, there was a time when carbon dioxide ruled. Many millions of years ago - there was much, much more than there is today. There was also no animal life back then. So in one sense, G Edward is right - CO2, though presently increasing, is still probably right now near a low point in the geological history of the earth. It took plants photosynthesizing for millions of years to help create the conditions that enabled life - human and otherwise, to flourish wildly.
But that has absolutely nothing to do with AGW, and is a really bizarre was to lead off an argument that questions AGW - the real question is about the composition of the atmosphere and the stability (or destabilization of) of conditions that support life on the planet. So he is taking a climate science factoid and mangling its context and mis-interpreting its significance beyond reason. This is akin to claiming that humans co-existed with dinosaurs.
http://www.globalchange.umich.edu/globalchange1/current/lectures/Perry_S…
And, AGW makes simple and elegant sense from this perspective - by burning fossil fuels, we are re-liberating the carbon that has been sequestered away for milennia by photosynthesis that occurred millions and millions of years ago, thereby pushing up the concentrations of CO2 in the atmosphere.

Thanks debu… I was similarly aghast at the C02 nonsense he was stating as fact, and it caused me to question his whole perspective and justification for conspiracy theories earlier in the conversation. I was afraid he was going to talk about “chemtrails” next. THAT is how his mind seems to work. Blaming “them” is a red flag for me. It was a huge wake up call though about how these people’s minds work.

The data shows global warming is anthropogenic. There’s probably no way to reverse it at this point that will help humans. If you don’t like the proposed taxes to cut carbon emissions, fine, but don’t deny that humans made the mess we’re in. That discredits all your other work; it doesn’t look good. I read and appreciate your book; I read it cover-to-cover; it’s been life changing, but humans have really screwed up the planet in a million ways.

The data shows global warming is anthropogenic. There’s probably no way to reverse it at this point that will help humans. If you don’t like the proposed taxes to cut carbon emissions, fine, but don’t deny that humans made the mess we’re in. That discredits all your other work; it doesn’t look good. I read and appreciate your book; I read it cover-to-cover; it’s been life changing, but humans have really screwed up the planet in a million ways.

I suspect that most of you didn’t take the time to listen to the Banker Whistleblower interview since it is not in English so a person has to read what he says in the subtitles and then trust the translation. Please take the time to do so. He is speaking the absolute truth. Thank you.
Broadspectrum

https://twitter.com/nntaleb/status/859803332407431169

After some thought I’m inclined to leave the climate to the climate.

Loving the book and enjoyed the podcast. One tangential comment…
Lately I’ve been noticing that people commonly reference “the government” as being the enemy of the people. “The government” is the thing to watch and be suspicious of. But I think that is a misplaced and dangerously inaccurate way of thinking. It is not “governments” that are the problem. It is “tyrants” that we must be on the lookout for.
Our government, with its system of checks and balances, was devised to deter tyrants. In fact many governments throughout history served the community well. It is only when tyrants find their way to power that we have a problem. In the USA tyrants found their way to power through a business environment that is very tyrant-friendly. We were so busy structuring our government to deter tyrants, that we forgot to do the same for our business structure. We allowed businesses to get as rich and powerful as they wanted. Then it was easy to corrupt the “government” (made up of “people” who are corruptible).
Case in point, from one random page in “The Creature from Jekyll Island” page 147 of the 5th edition paperback …
“As governments became more brazen in their debasement of the currency…”
“Governments do not like to be thwarted in their plans to exploit their subjects.”
If we replace the word “government” with the word “tyrant” in these sentences, we have a more accurate picture, and are better able to tackle the real problem.
Earlier on the page Griffin correctly identifies, “Unscrupulous merchants began to shave off a tiny portion of each coin they handled…”
“The Government” is an abstract concept, and can’t be tyrannical. I propose that it is the “Tyrants” and “Unscrupulous merchants”, the real people among us, who we need to consistently reference in our language.

Lisa
I used to be a fan of having a new constitution for our government. Now I think it should not be done! The chance of tyrants running any convention for its rework is too great. Hanging on to what is there now and pushing those in government ‘service’ to follow it is a much safer approach. To think that a better one could be written in today’s 1% top heavy power structure is pure fantasy.

I was enjoying listening to several Peak Prosperity broadcasts on a recent long distance drive. Halfway into this interview with Mr Griffin, however, I switched to another podcast series. Griffin’s ideologically-driven and uninformed but freely shared opinions on climate change brought everything else he had to say into question. I sensed Chris Martenson was gently reminding him that there are other people with credibility who disagree with him on this issue, but honestly it makes me wonder whether the other “experts” that I had just listened to on the other PP podcasts were crackpots, too. Maybe Mr Griffin does know something about the federal reserve, but I will never know because his denial of the science of climate change completely discredits him. Ironically, for someone who looks at money issues and conspiracies, Mr Griffin has missed one of the biggest conspiracies of them all, that the oil & gas industry, the richest industry in the history of the planet, has been and continues to be subsidized by taxpayer (our!) money to the tune of billions of dollars annually for decades, even while the product they produce pollutes the water, air, and destabilizes the climate.

Wish I could give you more.