How To Fight Price Inflation At Home

My wife burned up the drive belt on her cheap food processer, checked all the parts sites for it, not listed or discontinued. I took the danged thing apart, there on the drive belt was a number… Google found a belt for $2.00, it is on it’s way.
One itsy bitsy little middle finger to our disposable society. I am still carrying a flip phone as I can change the battery and have. It just irks me that smart phones get thrown away when the battery dies.
Agitating Prop, we have a growing pile of sheds, going to make a fun project someday!

Robshelper,
I hear you about disposable everything. My iphone is one of the originals and the battery still works. But it is dying a slow death atm. I’ve already spoken to my tech guy and he says when I get a new one–he will be happy to do whatever it takes mechanically to get into it to change the battery. It will be somewhat costly, but I want it to last as long as my first one.
I just recieved word the other day that there is a relatively large meal service operation starting up where I live in rural Canada. They will provide island grown vegetarian meals, delivered twice a week – and the great thing is, when their clients are finished, they pick up the dishes and run them through what has to be restaurant grade dishwashers to be used again.
At least that is what they are trying to do, but the eco-fascists and the bureaucratic hair splitting nutcases that manage this island will try their hardest to shut it down.
It’s like the very worst of the California never-get-anything-done phenomenon–even if it is good for the environment and everybody is behind it. Beggars belief.

Chris covered some things about ADES last year in some of his covid videos. Below are three I found worth noting. I would be interested to hear from Chris, now that it is about a year later, where he thinks we are at in this story and how we will know whether we have passed the time horizon for needing to worry about the immune system blowing up upon second exposure. (To clarify, I only watched part of the video with Geert. )
This one he talks about ADES starting at 17:30:
https://peakprosperity.com/coronavirus-infections-outside-of-china-are-growing-exponentially/
This one talks about studies of mice vaccinated against SARs having a much worse response upon second exposure at about minute 12:00
This one also talks about the second infection being worse than the first at minute 21:00

A coworker of mine (Calgary AB) has a vet for a sister. The vet said mRNA vaccines have been used on animals for years. The veterinarians may know more about long term effects of mRNA vaccines?? – I don’t believe we (collective humanity) have any long-term experience on mRNA vaccines in humans. Aren’t we starting that experience now – while we inject millions of people with mRNA vaccines? What does Dr. Chris Martensen think? What are his thoughts on Geert Vanden Bossche’s warnings about mass vaccinations during a raging pandemic??

Redbonejo - if you are looking for an archive of the Coronavirus videos, you can use this link:
https://peakprosperity.com/tag/coronavirus/

Thanks for all the great suggestions here!
I suggest that those who do not have a budget may not know how much they actually spend per month or year, and where money is being spent needlessly and by how much. Tracking every dollar spent per month, for a period of time, is a good way to get a handle on where the money is going, and then setting up a budget with targets, while continuing to track spending, helps to visualize how much can be saved. This can be an eye-opening experience!
As a suggestion, rather than routinely shopping at huge monopolies like Amazon, you can consider doing research there but buying directly from the shops that have listings. This is usually cheaper because Amazon charges them a fee. I have been finding cheaper prices on company websites for all sorts of items. For me this is also preferable than supporting Amazon’s predatory practices, as they compete with their customers.
Depending where you live, for online ordering of food, many companies have free delivery with a minimum purchase. By taking advantage of this you can avoid transportation costs and save time, while keeping a well stocked pantry.
Some of the FIRE folks such as Mr. Money Mustache, Frugalwoods etc. also have great practical suggestions for saving money.

Geert Vanden Bossche (DVM, PhD)

Geert Vanden Bossche received his DVM from the University of Ghent, Belgium, and his PhD degree in Virology from the University of Hohenheim, Germany. He held adjunct faculty appointments at universities in Belgium and Germany. After his career in Academia, Geert joined several vaccine companies (GSK Biologicals, Novartis Vaccines, Solvay Biologicals) to serve various roles in vaccine R&D as well as in late vaccine development. Geert then moved on to join the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation’s Global Health Discovery team in Seattle (USA) as Senior Program Officer; he then worked with the Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunization (GAVI) in Geneva as Senior Ebola Program Manager. At GAVI he tracked efforts to develop an Ebola vaccine. He also represented GAVI in fora with other partners, including WHO, to review progress on the fight against Ebola and to build plans for global pandemic preparedness. Back in 2015, Geert scrutinized and questioned the safety of the Ebola vaccine that was used in ring vaccination trials conducted by WHO in Guinea. His critical scientific analysis and report on the data published by WHO in the Lancet in 2015 was sent to all international health and regulatory authorities involved in the Ebola vaccination program. After working for GAVI, Geert joined the German Center for Infection Research in Cologne as Head of the Vaccine Development Office. He is at present primarily serving as a Biotech/ Vaccine consultant while also conducting his own research on Natural Killer cell-based vaccines.

make your own bacon…incredibly simple …buy fatty pork loins on sale and with it make sausage (or “back bacon”…} I have used pork shoulder as well…hamburger can be stupid pricey at times …sometimes a sale will come on were an econo roast or brisket is cheaper than hamburger…get a grinder…grind your own,you then know whats in it…make your own pastrami…get a smoker…make your own jam, dill pickles…etc

Negative interest rates would seems to be in agreement with this outcome. Think about it. Negative interest, what does it mean?

https://www.imdb.com/video/vi2932784409?
and don’t for get the sugar rush

This is exactly what I’m looking for, Thanks for sharing this.
Sam | hvacpros.nyc/

great article. thanks!

This kind of this tips will be useful for every season or day! Thanks for this mate.
cleaning company