How to Increase the Energy Efficiency of Your Existing Home

Bob,On selected windows I have increased the R value by installing a sheet of acrylic inside the interior most pane.  It is transparent and the air gap created turns the double pane windows into double-plus.  The sheets stay up all year and are loosely held in place with plastic tabs secured to the sash with small screws.  I have to tell people they are there because you see them but you don't notice them.  Since then though, the price of acrylic has jumped so they may no longer have a good payout.

Great ideas for helping promote my business. Thanks, Joe

Regularly defrost manual-defrost refrigerators and freezers; frost buildup increases the amount of energy needed to keep the motor running.  Leave enough space between your refrigerator and the walls so that air can easily circulate around the refrigerator  Don't keep your refrigerator or freezer too cold.  Make sure your refrigerator door seals are airtight  Cover liquids and wrap foods stored in the refrigerator. Uncovered foods release moisture and make the compressor work harder.  Do not open the doors of the refrigerators frequently  Don't leave the fridge door open for longer than necessary, as cold air will escape.  Use smaller cabinets for storing frequently used items  Avoid putting hot or warm food straight into the fridge

Hey! It seems like you've enjoy written this article. It's just so interesting and informative as well.
Thanks for sharing.
Please check this out–>cheap soundcloud plays

Have a wonderful day!

Its a good article on energy efficiency. You have to consider windows and how much they play a role when it comes to energy consumption.
Energy star is good, but you need to look at NFRC ratings to make sure windows are rated for your local Penn Climate.