No. Probably more like Bob Harward’s rubber head mask.
Another Spring Butt Bingo Card opportunity. How many times will Trump declare the war has ended after the elections? I think center square should be 42 so it’s a fair game. Grand prize of course is 5,000 dollars.
Literally EVERY MAGA boomer veteran I know believes every word. They’re Covid karen’s now.
Oi!!!
I tick a few of those boxes (albeit from the antipodes) - I backed Trump 1.0 early (famously telling my work colleagues he would win, putting serious $ on him at 8:1 and spending the proceeds on a brand new soft top mustang).
But Trump 2.0 lost me within months - DOGE went no where, RFKJ still approving mRNA vaxxes, Ukraine war didnt end within 24h, no audit of Fort Knox, Epstein apparently did kill himself etc etc etc.
When the facts change, my opinions change.
Yes. I’m getting much better at that. It was the DOJ & FBI nonsense in Feb 25 about the Epstein videos when I said goodbye. It’s been downhill ever since. WAY downhill.
well, that is the answer to the universe
One vet friend, HATES Trump. He’s a conservative, claims to vote R.
Another one, still believes Trump saved us from being nuked by Iran.
Found it! Not sure when Bessent said these words, but the quote posted above is not Bessent, but the author of this post on Zerohedge:
Indeed, US Treasury Secretary Bessent stated: "I am the house now, so when we intervene with the Japanese Yen, I have a pretty good insight into what the Japanese, what the Bank of Japan is going to do, what Japanese policy makers are going to do. And you can bet against me if you want.” I repeat, if you are still talking about the independence of central banks, you are behind the curve; the world is now about the functional independence of countries within which central banks sit.
from:
Ah ha! Here, at Southern Methodist University, September 8, 2026
U.S. Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent joins Ray Washburne, member of the SMU Cox Executive Board, and SMU President Jay Hartzell for a fireside chat hosted by the SMU Cox School of Business.
Watch live as Secretary Bessent discusses economic policy, markets, etc.
Southern Methodist University’s Cox School of Business hosts leaders in business, government, and finance for conversations on the issues shaping the economy today.
At the 23:49 mark is the quote “I am the house now.”
If he’s a boomer, tell him I said he’s not alone.
It’s also the number of times he said we won the war since March, so yeah, 42 controls a lot of things.
And then there’s this. Any pilot knows over ten blatant clues requiring mandatory wave offs, this is way too f**ked up, makes no sense at all, and sum ting wong:
Another enshittification?
Clearly. The PIC had 7100 hours. Doesn’t matter if he was typed in 767’s last May. That’s basic first training flight stuff for any aircraft. How he made it to 7100 hours means the system’s screwed up. OR the jab’s performing its designed function perfectly.
Not just the Iran war, but the Epstein coverup as well. Which led to the attacks on Massey, et al. That when most of us said, I’m out.
I remember him saying a while back that he was considering giving back to the American people a portion of the tariff proceeds. I don’t know if that is where he’s getting the money.
That said, $5K after taxes is not enough to make a real difference. Our governor gave everyone under a certain income level a $500 tax break after covid. What a snoozer!
Thing is it is enough to make a difference for many people. I know someone who needs a clutch kit in her truck. Her car has a blown head gasket and sounds like a thrashing machine and rumbles and hisses even after adding the blue stuff to the radiator. She found get the truck fixed and buy another clunker with 5K. Her live with d be immensely improved.
I know someone living in a park model type RV who paid for a new septic system and then installer did not run a PVC pipe over to the RV. 7500 dollars later she has a septic system she cannot use and is still renting a porta potty. She is saving up for pvc and someone to trench for her. (These things were in the plan before, she just got ripped off. )
I know a family who have no working central heat-AC who could get a couple of mini splits with that money and leave the ancient non working system behind.
I know a woman in Florida who saves money each year to have a limb or two removed from some massive old oak trees that over hang her house and put it in danger. The worries every time it rains hard or is windy and worse if both at once. 5K could remove the one that poses the largest threat.
Sadly it would be live changing for many.
But if someone wants $5k worth of stuff, why shouldn’t they have to swap it for $5k worth of value? If they refuse to offer any value to anyone, then they obviously don’t need anything that much?
Otherwise, we end up with a few people doing all the work and everyone else getting everything for nothing. Then Atlas shrugs and goes off to the gulch.
I am not supporting Trump in this insult on the American system, in this bribing of some unfortunates, and the printing of a trillion and a half dollars to do it. It’s sickening.
Merely stating that 5K can make a lot of difference in the lives of many.
There are quotes about how our system will work until we vote money into our own pockets. We crossed that line some time back. So it very well might be too late.
In all of the west, I suspect if you add up:
- Benefit claimants
- Public sector employees
=Probably already at >50%
Then add: - Lefties and wokies and youthful idealistic people
- People who don’;t pay much tax and are net takers
= Well over 50%
Doomed! But it is anyway. The debt is too high and the demographics don’t work. We need a system that is happy without exponential growth. All the stuff and energy that is out there should provide a good life for everyone, with everyone doing a modest amount of work. But we can’t have that.
Taking in lots of immigrants while exporting all useful work (manufacturing) to east is not working combination.
Yes we cant have that. Corporations pretend to provide work while offshoring it. Corporations pretend to pay taxes. Government pretends to be angry at Russia. That’s most absurd thing.
They will destroy and enslave and at the same time put the groundword for their own demise.
My point is that there needs to be a cultural or evolutionary change so that we stop behaving like that. Stop promoting that behaviour.
Enslaving and destroying should not be the way forward anymore. I think it’s a choice.
We’re very adaptable creatures, we can easly adapt to a peaceful world, what’s difficult is to leave what we know behind.