John Hathaway: Things Look Very Bullish For Gold Mining Stocks

It’s actually very simple: each person valuates their own property an a price that the will be willing to accept. The valuation is a public For Sale/Make Me Move sign.
Let’s say right of transfer can be forced at ten percent over previous valuation.
The buyer must pay the court a registration fee, and the value of the property as an adverse posession.
And ALL that transfers is the property, its resource rights, and any structures that happen to be standing at the end of one year. The previous owner has a year to figure out what he’s going to do with the property, or to settle with the buyer to reclaim his rights.
The biggest argument against this method, with a land tax, is that “well, then you never truly own your property!”. Of course, when I point out what Chris noted – that when you have to buy your property every twenty five years anyways, you still never truly own your property… and here you also get taxed for your right to work (to enrich others)… the next argument is “well, I still don’t like it”. That, or just ending the conversation.

https://www.duluthnewstribune.com/news/4441858-property-valuation-hikes-…

They are way ahead of you out here – we are taxed on both. Land value, and also “imprvements” value f houses/structures on it. Then they add the 2 amounts to gether and take a percentage, and then have a very long list of “parcel tax” ( same amount for any parcel) add ons that amount in themselves to 20% of what I pay that is added to that.

As far as the idea of bidding your own prperty up, Michael Rudman, well that would be exceedingly unfair, that would mean anyone could force you out of your home, or just pretend they want it to force you to counter to keep your home, this culd be abused in so many ways by people who dont like you, developers, etc… The bidding is already done in any case by those who want to sell and who want to buy, as values are based on what things are selling at and people who dont car too much about their particular house do sell if the are gets expensive enough to have those high offers.

Chris,
Actually the State’s claim is senior to a lender’s; it is primary, not secondary… but your point is well taken.

Michael_Rudmin wrote:
.The assessor is at least now offering to walk me through their evaluation methods... maybe this week; if I find anything out, I'll post what I find.
I went in to contest my property taxes on my new house. The house is assessed at a value 17% higher than the price I paid for it. Was told that the assessor uses a formula based on surrounding houses, etc, blah, blah, blah,and that there was no recourse except to to wait for the next assessment cycle. If I pressed for an abatement, I was warned that might trigger a new spot assessment that could very well result in my house being appraised at an even higher value. Wink, wink, nudge, get it? It's a farce and a racket. Legalized theft without any recourse except "if you don't like it vote in a new mayor" or some such nonsence when the entire suite of institutions involved in this scam are staffed with unelected officials all spouting the same "just following the rules" mantra. Eventually, the goose is killed and then all these public "servants" get shafted and complain bitterly about how unfair this all is, when it was their own unbridled sense of personal entitlement that did the deed.

… I compiled ALL the transactions in the last five years. I pulled them page by page, then transferred them into excel, then identified all the ones that were half an acre or less unimproved, then went through and hand checked the rest, driving to locations. The highest sale price was something like $7000, with the exception of a single piece of property that HUD took off a bank’s hands.
$22k was a fiction. (I gave you round numbers before; the mean was $4700)

… I compiled ALL the transactions in the last five years. I pulled them page by page, then transferred them into excel, then identified all the ones that were half an acre or less unimproved, then went through and hand checked the rest, driving to locations. The highest sale price was something like $7000, with the exception of a single piece of property that HUD took off a bank’s hands.
$22k was a fiction. (I gave you round numbers before; the mean was $4700)

personally, i’m concerned with everything every one has put out but at this point I just don’t want my female family members having to “hook” out in the street like they do in Venezuela to feed the fam bam. It’s quite possible that if you don’t make the right moves now you could be dooming your family to generational serf-dom.

personally, i’m concerned with everything every one has put out but at this point I just don’t want my female family members having to “hook” out in the street like they do in Venezuela to feed the fam bam. It’s quite possible that if you don’t make the right moves now you could be dooming your family to generational serf-dom.