Learning From The TV (Imagine That!)

good article, adam.
as far as your thoughts about humans being social animals and being wired to coexist with others, i would be careful to over-generalize, even if it’s true of most people.
there’s hermits and recluses who are happy by themselves, to varying degrees.
i’ve been a loner most of my life, an outsider to society and its constructs, never really fitting in. which in some ways i’m grateful for, it can be helpful in developing skepticism, seeing through society’s bullshit, and learning to think independently.
i watched a video recently on the topic of introverts versus extroverts, which estimated that 70% of the population are extroverts, they enjoy interacting with other people, they gain energy through interacting with other people.
and almost 30% of people are introverts, they gain energy through being alone and having time to themselves to recharge, and find interactions with other people draining which they can handle for a little while but then need to go away to be by themselves to recharge.
and it occurred to me that i’m an introvert, which is something i always knew, how did i manage to forget that? we all forget who we are, at times.