#TBT - The Trouble with Printing Money

Good points.
Really our ability to service debt comes down to income - which at a national level means GDP minus debt contributions but also minus government spending. Every dime Washington spends comes from debt or taxes - both of which private sector production ultimately pay for.
A national debt to (real) income ratio like this might the metric I’m fumbling toward: something where the rate of change as much as the level would indicate the proximity of it all falling apart.

1 Like

I’ve been a member of this Tribe for only a few years. I never knew about PP or Chris Martenson before his first COVID video dropped in January 2020. I followed and learned from the COVID videos and eventually decided to see what membership was from a $1 for the first month offer. I’ve been here ever since.
I don’t have time to go through much old content here. I think that there must be value and nuggets in the old content and I find no issue with resurfacing and highlighting this old content to elicit new commentary and new thinking.
I’m happy to see this article and know that we are living in dangerous times. This growth in money is going to pop sometime soon. We are living in borrowed time.
It’s easy enough to ignore content and articles that you don’t want to see but for some, maybe only a few, this may be useful. For sure it is free content and may bring new members here, that’s fine.
However, I wish this resurfaced content from the past, would come as a new section in the members area. I far prefer the new comment section in the forums, to these comments. I like knowing there are new replies and new comments in the posts that I have previously reviewed. In the community tab, we have

1. Forum
  2. Trending Conversations (Top Topics) - subset of the forum
  3. Happening Now (Chris Daily Takes) - another subset of the forum
  4. Find Others - useful but rarely referenced, at least by me
I'd like to a 5. Throwback Articles (regurgitate and highly old articles with new commentary and comments) - another forum subset I personally would find this useful.
2 Likes

Irs New Ways To Invade Privacy

Canada has led the way in showing how to use your own bank against you. IRS can now access bank records, with no notice to you because they are investigating someone you know
https://goldsilver.com/blog/the-irs-can-now-do-what-the-new-ruling-you-need-to-know-about/?utm_campaign=GS%20Newsletters&utm_medium=email&_hsmi=261657049&_hsenc=p2ANqtz–4FQt-Mwzy-XazaQdt9bMn5oBqEHk2Uglcj71x6v5CjLl8U0L49x5q9e0N3OUnu17L3zcQ8FuJCuKbj34-R78u0hj2CQ&utm_content=261657049&utm_source=hs_email

First, if this portion of the content is free I see no reasonable justification for criticizing it. Anyone can skip it if it’s not relevant to his or her understanding.
Second, as a new member within the past couple years who was in undergrad, med school and residency 2000-2013, I had absolutely no clue what what happening in this whole banking/financial system during that time 2000s-2010s. I had no idea how the world I would have to survive in after I finished my education was being completely screwed, and how my student debt would become a crushing and hopeless burden as a result of this process. I’m too independent minded to ever work for an institution that pays more, and I practice independently in a time consuming low paid specialty. Osteopathy. It’s the only place i saw truth and valuable tradition in medicine. I can’t sell myself for something that doesn’t resonate with my sense of truth. Plus I’m a single mom of a wonderful now teen girl whose father has always been a burden and a mooch. It’s just too much burden to get ahead or have any hope of buying a home etc…
Now, as I finally start to educate myself in the past couple years, it is unquestionable useful for me to have a look back and put my life in this historic context. I like to see these older articles, because I don’t have the time to go back through the archives to sort what’s relevant myself - just keeping up with the content as it comes out isn’t easy. But if Chris puts an old article that’s relevant to current events in that all content feed, great. I appreciate the retrospective context it provides me. To link it to my own life and memories makes the content less abstract/easer to grasp. Just like I appreciated listening to “the real Anthony Fauci”. Brutal but eye opening perspective on the true nature of what was happening in “medical research” and global “health” during my lifespan from 1980 to the present.

1 Like