A Serious Message From Chris Martenson

It’s short, MM, but that’s an impressive list of assumptions you’ve made about me!

A very good idea. Interestingly we were thinking of going to the Homesteading Life conference in Hannibal Mo. In August and Curtis Stone was going to be the keynote speaker. We will not be going thanks to the virus. I don’t know if it will even happen.
Thanks for the find should be interesting

Not so impressive at all. They are nothing more than assumptions. Some may be accurate or none. I had nothing to base them on other than what you posted about dialog.
There is no right or wrong or good or bad. Just observations . You also did not offer any thing you might find useful is an attempt to form community. I found that an interesting omission.

Prof. Kropotkin was a comedic figure in the 1940’s radio show “My Friend Irma.”
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0041673/characters/nm0175788

“Kropotkin was a natural scientist and his thought emerged from his observations of non-human animals in their natural environment. Other animals don’t have any concept of property, or rights, for that matter.” Thank you for clearing that up! All these years we have been misled that mountain lions mark their territory and that the strong bull elk fight to keep their cows. We’ve seen domesticated dogs and horses get upset when strange dogs and horses come on what they perceive as their home. Those things we were told and observed really didn’t happen because animals honestly just have a natural love for fellow animals just like humans should. Thank you!

@Mohammed Mast - If you’re interested in Curtis Stone, you probably already know about Diego Footer from Permaculture Voices, a podcaster who covers small-scale, integrated farming and food systems. People argue about whether or not it’s all really Permaculture (Wheaton gets that too and he’s also doing crazy cool stuff up in MT) but I’m no purist and there’s lots of interesting experiments well underway. People say Stone isn’t doing Permaculture either. Whatever he’s doing, he produces lots of quality food and makes a good living off a couple of urban plots at a surprisingly high latitude while producing tons of living, material, knowledge, and social capital.
Since some have expressed a feeling that we’ve drifted from the OP, I’ll bring it back to say that people like these are showing us templates for winning and I offer these examples as evidence to support the very first comment in this thread - we are winning, slowly but surely.
TPTB will cause lots of destruction for sure but the “imaginal cells” are in place. That is the nature of metamorphosis (a totally fascinating topic - SO much more than caterpillars and butterflies - I had to get the linked book via ILL from U of WY but it looks like cheap used copies are out there now; well worth the effort IMO, blew my mind).
We took the kids to Hanibal a few summers ago - Tom Sawyer, not homesteading. 95 degrees with a heat index over 100 from the humidity. I’m from the semi-arid west so it was tough. Stay at or near the campground where the cave is. It’s gated at night but a nice 54 degree breeze blows out of it.
If you’re in that region of the country, look at what the Wilsons have been up to in Stelle, IL. Also, Mark Shepard's place is within a days drive in WI. I was there about 10 years ago and would love to see what his “Regenerative Agriculture” as produced.
Many people are out there DOING IT. Have hope; stay grounded; do something to contribute to our collective waking up.
jeff

You’ve only been misled if you believe that a mountain lion has a property right to its territory or that a bull could seek remedy through a third party in the event someone shoots one of his cows. Loggers and hunters would be in big trouble. Territory and property rights are not the same. Does your dog have the deed to your back yard? Maybe talk to some Native Americans about that.
jeff

No animals don’t have lawyers. Their property rights are determined by what the predator or animal decides they are. The question may be whether we should accept Darwin’s theory that the fit survive. Or do humans rise above animals and determine there is a greater purpose? Should we really look to animals as a model when we make our decisions?

A lack of imagination doesn’t mean there’s nothing left to imagine. If you can’t see it that doesn’t mean it’s not there.
Reductivism only shuts off possibilities. I refuse the central premise that there are only 2 options, that violence must be met with violence as the only viable response.
I appreciate your comment, though. I find it very insightful.

EDITED - Because my original tone was snarky and I’m working on that.
HELP - I can’t seem to find how to correctly search for these two posts in the forum:
1. Ivermectin in Peru
2. HCQ from India by Peggy

I may be just ignorant to this style of web design and search engine, but when I specifically copy/paste “Ivermectin in Peru” from Mohammed Mast’s post into the search query at the top of the page, I get zilch for results:

I don’t even see a search bar on the forum page, it was there at one point, not anymore:

So, being new here: Can someone show me how to search this website and the forum for things properly?
Google Chrome browser.

I’m certain there is a wealth of info on here, if I could query it properly I’d be ever gracious.

Thanks in advance.

I don’t think we disagree. Look back at my post where I say that doing that represents nostalgia for something long gone (Garden of Eden). My point is exactly that we should not look to animals to solve our problems (as Kropotkin did, IMO, but I’m not a scholar there either so I could be wrong). Maybe my prose failed to reflect that belief so I’m sorry if I was confusing.

Thanks for great ideas!

LOL I couldn’t find the post about Ivermectin and Peru either.
So here is the link.
https://www.trialsitenews.com/how-a-grass-roots-health-movement-led-to-acceptance-of-ivermectin-as-a-covid-19-therapy-in-peru/
Peggy’s thread on where to get HCQ is in the forums. Look in current events. Might be on 2nd page. I can tell you if you go to Indiamart.com you can look for HCQ there. If you sign up you will get copious responses to your email. I can’t say which are good. You might PM Peggy to see what she did.
Good Luck

I am aware of 2 general belief structures that consciously decide to avoid violence. 1. People who believe that violence will not be necessary. 2. Choice to not meet violence with violence.
1. People who believe that violence will *never* be necessary are deniers as I don't think it's too difficult to imagine a bad situation happening to close family where any sane person would be compulsed into a violent reaction. 2. Consciously choosing to avoid and/or abstain from violence I'd call pacifism, as popularised by Jesus. I think the smartest position is to do everything in one's power to avoid violence, but at the same time being prepared to dish out violence as a last resort if certain clearly established boundaries are violated.
1. People who believe that violence will *never* be necessary are deniers as I don't think it's too difficult to imagine a bad situation happening to close family where any sane person would be compulsed into a violent reaction.
I think an evolutionary biologist would say that the credible threat of violence is necessary to avoid many more bad situations happening to you. Are there any pacifist species? Searching the terms yields a lot of sci-fi stuff. But in our reality, is there any species that doesn't do everything at it's disposal to avoid being eaten?
So my advice is to brace for impact. There’s nothing any of us can do to affect national monetary policy or stop the major unraveling trends already set in motion, but we can do our best to step outside harm’s way and tend the welfare of ourselves and those we care about as the system falters.
I have a great deal of sympathy for Chris' analysis and message, but I just want to put this out there: Isn't the fatalistic isolationist approach of saying to hell with the rest, let's just tend to the welfare of ourselves and those we care about, exactly the same mentality as that of the elites you talk of with their having all the power and no interest in sharing any of it? I'm not sure power is ever shared, rather than competed for and won. Although I'd agree that human nature means whereever possible won power is then anti-competitively guarded. We are the system, even if we don't individually always feel like we have a big determining role in it's heading.

The trouble with total self reliance is like parsnips (which I dislike). My father always appreciated (fond of them, even) them as they were the last semi-edible vegetable to come out of the root cellar (when he was a child), (I am not really fond of turnips either). I have done the ‘off the grid’ for a while, and prepared for the mega thrust, But I do like a little 18year old singlemalt, so will temper my self reliant garden ambitions.
Jim Morrison…I have to find that tape…