Making sure Customs Agents and other officials have a pleasant day is not high on my personal priority list, but, to each his own I guess.
I used to travel quite a bit internationally but don’t anymore and don’t plan to. They can keep their global entry card and their digital ID.
Not so long ago in order to dissuade the use of cash, india simple demonetised its bank notes. Gave little warning and made sure the supply of new notes was inadequate. Therefore, many were effectively forced to hand in their cash and have electronic money. Dont forget, currency notes only have value by decree. If they’re declared no longer legal tender, they’re worthless. We’ve had demonetisations here in the uk here too in recent years. Forces all the cash hordes out of hiding
that is funny here is what one video of him says
Sir Keir Starmer said the new digital ID scheme would make it tougher to work in the UK illegally and offer “countless benefits” to citizens, while his senior minister Darren Jones said it could be “the bedrock of the modern state”. You will not be able to work unless you have one. sooo is it You have to or not…
Apropos to this conversation here’s Chris Hedges interviewing Whitney Webb. A stiff drink is recommended before listening to either of them separately. Together might require hard drugs.
I had to stop listening to Whitney Webb. If I gave up every other hobby, I still might not have time to chase down everything she brings up in just 1 interview a month. She seems smart, but I’m not prepared to give up my ability to use my own judgement on what a situation means given the facts of the situation, as they are known.
FYI, a member of the Human Rights Foundation has developed a CBDC Tracker that gives updated information on the development of CBDC platforms in every country across the globe.
It depends on when you fly, the longest wait i’ve had was 40 minutes.
But yes, they’ll use inconvienience to get you to comply with Digital ID. Global Entry programs are a fast track to Digital ID.
If you don’t see the issue then you’ve missed the point - to see where these systems are going. In Moscow, biometric ID recognizes people riding on the subway and protestors are detained.
You’re enrolled in a similar system in the U.S now - I guess we can hope the system isn’t abused.
Link to mp3 version for those of us with bandwidth issues: DarkHorse Podcast - The Truth About Real ID: Twila Brase, RN, PHN on DarkHorse | Free Listening on Podbean App
I use the CBP MPC mobile passport control app. It skips the main line and puts you beside or in the same line as the Global Entry people.
No reason to delete this comment, it is very useful and informative.
appreciated, felt it wasn’t really providing a solution as such just noise hence removing it
Russia advances digital ID.
Russia Moves To Mandate State Biometric ID For Online Age Verification
Russian lawmakers are moving forward with a proposal that would make the country’s biometric and e-government systems the mandatory gatekeepers for online age verification.
If implemented, the measure would tie access to adult or “potentially harmful” content directly to a person’s verified state identity, dissolving any remaining expectation of online anonymity.
The plan, discussed on October 28, is being marketed as a child protection initiative. Officials insist it is designed to keep minors away from dangerous material, yet the scope of what qualifies is remarkably broad.
On a recent doctor visit they said they needed to take a photo of me and spun a computer camera toward me. I said, “whoa, hold on a minute.” I asked why they “need” it. The receptionist said, “for our records.” I replied, “you already have a copy of my license with photo and my insurance card, why do you now need an actual photo?” She said, “I dont know we are told to get a photo now and I’ll just put Refused down in the notes.”
I said, “it should actually be listed as Declined and you should give people the opt out option up front before spinning a camera and acting like I dont have a choice.”
It wasn’t confrontational but I could feel the “twinge” building and it would have been very quickly if she persisted. It all took place in front of 4 other people in the waiting room. Every one of them were staring when I turned but honestly I really didnt GAF and I just smiled back at them.
At a minimum, all of that nonsense should have taken place out of public view. My default setting on face scans, photos and other requests for unnecessary personal info is now just No.
This is new to me at any doctor-ever. Anyone else encounter this?
Im so sick of the ever growing request to divulge some form of personally identifiable information or photos for nearly every transaction now. Whats next, finger prints and retinal scans at the dentist? Sarcasm there but geesh even the Costco card has my pic on it.
I’ve been retired 4 years from dentistry. Our software had a place for patient’s pics. For us, it was strictly to allow the front desk people to more easily identify who was walking in the door and call them by name. At least that was my motivation, a more personal atmosphere.
Unfortunately, things have gotten way out of control and are getting worse. My wife went for a mammogram and they wanted a palm scan. She’s been around me long enough to decline.
Oy. That makes my head hurt.
If it’s important, convince me. Tell me why.
If there’s no reason, then no.
There’s so many layers of blind, unthinking compliance… I don’t know what to say that hasn’t been said already.
I got into an argument with TSA lady wanting my picture. She asked and I said what are my options. She looked confused. She said my options are yes or no. I said ok but if I decline to get a photo, what happens? It isn’t just yes or no, it’s photo or some other method of verification. Does it lead to an interrogation? Or other biometric?
No, just verifying my photo ID manually… she looks at the photo and looks at my face. So not sure why that wasn’t the straight answer instead of taking a back and forth to get there.
From her response I guess people don’t ask for this. Certainly folks in line were fine with photo being taken.
It’s in itself not a huge deal but it is emblematic of the casual acceptance of and compliance with perpetual surveillance.
The reason is because there is alot of insurance fraud where a person with no insurance will pretend to be someone who does have insurance. This has been an issue for doc in a box type clinics where people often go see doctors they would not normally see, and everyone is unknown.
Then they should say so up front. “We need to take photos as we fight insurance fraud.”
I don’t have an issue with that… like I said, it’s the lack of visibility.
Thats it exactly. Tell me why and dont act like i have no choice in the matter. Furthermore, they already have a photo of me, its on my drivers license in their file (probably enlarged on their computer screen when I check in). Its also in my wallet with a half dozen other forms of ID if they really need to scrutinize it.
That gets me to thinking, apart from the initial visit, they’ve never asked for ID before appointments. If it were really about insurance fraud, then one would think that asking for ID at check-in would be a logical start in order to curtail it.
I’m probably making of this more than it needs to be, I just didn’t like the approach, the lack of knowing a reason and the attidude displayed by saying that I refused. That is coersive and it just rubbed me wrong.
I think R.E. is on to it…compliance is probably so universal they never get questioning or hear the word no. When they do it throws them off.
I get equally aggravated when I am paying for something at a retail outlet and they insist they need a phone number or email address.