Biden's Resignation In Doubt; FDA's Controversial Consent Rule; Unvaxxed Dating

Originally published at: https://peakprosperity.com/daily-digest/bidens-resignation-in-doubt-fdas-controversial-consent-rule-unvaxxed-dating/

In the realm of U.S. politics, recent developments have sparked significant discourse. President Joe Biden’s resignation from the 2024 race via social media has left many questioning the authenticity of the announcement. The resignation letter, not on official letterhead and with a suspect signature, has fueled speculation about the involvement of his advisor, Steve Richetti, and the role of First Lady Jill Biden. Following Biden’s resignation, megadonor John Morgan declared he would not fundraise for Kamala Harris if she becomes the nominee, suggesting that Biden’s endorsement of Harris was a pointed message to those who pressured him to step down. Morgan proposed alternative candidates like Joe Manchin, Andy Beshear, Gretchen Whitmer, and Josh Shapiro, while asserting that Michelle Obama would win in a landslide with any of these picks. Former NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio supported a Harris-Whitmer ticket, emphasizing the potential to defeat Donald Trump.

Meanwhile, Tulsi Gabbard, a former Democratic politician and current U.S. Army Reserve officer, has voiced strong opinions against voting for the Democratic Party. Gabbard criticized the influence of Neocons and suggested that Kamala Harris would merely serve as a placeholder. She also speculated about Hillary Clinton’s ambitions to be the first woman president, hinting at a possible draft for Clinton to “save the country.” Gabbard’s remarks reflect broader concerns about the direction of U.S. politics and the potential for significant geopolitical consequences.

In the realm of public health and research, the FDA’s recent regulation change has raised ethical concerns. The new rule allows Institutional Review Boards (IRBs) to grant exemptions to informed consent requirements based on “minimal risk,” a term that remains vaguely defined. This shift could lead to risky and unethical research practices, as IRBs, which are part of the institutions they regulate, may face conflicts of interest. Critics argue that the FDA should rescind this rule to maintain ethical standards and public trust in biomedical research. The regulation aims to facilitate studies where obtaining informed consent is impractical, such as large-scale studies or those involving hard-to-identify participants. However, the potential for abuse and the erosion of personal medical choice have sparked significant debate.

On the social front, the COVID-19 pandemic continues to influence personal relationships, particularly in the dating world. Courtney Furlong, 36, finds modern dating challenging due to her unvaccinated status, which limits her dating pool. She attended a “pure blood” social mixer in Phoenix, organized by Unjected.com, a dating site for unvaccinated singles. These mixers aim to connect like-minded individuals who share similar views on vaccination. Shelby Hosana, founder of Unjected.com, notes that vaccination status has become a significant factor in modern dating, with many people using it as a deal-breaker. Dating sites like Tinder and Bumble now include COVID-19 vaccination filters, reflecting the importance of this criterion for many users.

A Pew Research Center survey in July 2022 revealed that nearly 25% of people consider vaccination status very important in dating profiles, with a partisan split showing Democrats more likely to prioritize this information. Unvaccinated singles, like Kristen Feuerstein and Melanie Dias, attended the Phoenix mixer to meet like-minded individuals, despite currently dating vaccinated men. The CDC’s recommendation for updated COVID-19 vaccines remains unwelcome among unvaccinated singles, who prioritize shared morals and values in their partners. The dating landscape has shifted significantly due to COVID-19 vaccination status, creating a divide between vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals seeking partners.

Sources

The Illusion of Democracy: A Critical Examination of Political Manipulation

It is all a facade. You never were given a choice to vote for anyone other than Biden, and the plan all along was that he would step aside, and the backroom brokering would pick their candidate – not you so much for democracy.

Source | Submitted by rhollenb

Biden’s Exit and Endorsement Sparks Donor Revolt: John Morgan Refuses to Back Harris

“Joe Biden’s F**k You”: Biden Megadonor Refuses To Fundraise For Kamala Harris

Source | Submitted by PhilH

Kyle Becker Claims Biden’s Sudden Resignation Raises Eyebrows on X

“Joe Biden suddenly *RESIGNS* via @X”

Tulsi Gabbard Urges Voters to Reject Democratic Party Amidst Controversial Claims

In this election, the choice is either World War III or Trump.

Source | Submitted by rhollenb

FDA’s Quiet Rule Change: A Threat to Informed Consent in Medical Research?

The FDA’s exceptions, until recently, are historically reserved for people who are incapacitated or for urgent, life-threatening emergencies.

Source | Submitted by Redneck Engineer

“Pure Blood” Parties: Unvaccinated Singles Seek Like-Minded Love in Post-Pandemic Dating Scene

“It’s the very first question asked in the dating scene for many,” Ms. Hosana told The Epoch Times. “Especially now that we can anticipate all vaccines on the market will be mRNA. It’s quite literally choosing partners who choose zero vaccination.”

4 Likes

So nobody knows if Biden is alive or dead or where he his, and no MSM is asking?

2 Likes

Schrodinger’s Biden Presidency

5 Likes

Regarding Gabbard’s rejection of Harris and endorsement of Trump, I would wonder what her take is on RFKjr? With things in such turmoil and disarray, I’d think his chances may be increasing.

This is so bizarre. Has he not appeared on TV? One would expect a formal address to the nation. I always thought the President tweeting on social media was rather inappropriate. It’s just not the world I grew up in. I keep telling people, I was 13 when Reagan became President. I looked up to him. Things made sense. I can’t imagine being a young person today. They want war, but who do they have in mind to inspire the kind of devotion that one would look up to and say “Yes, I will give my life for this Commander in Chief?” They’re gonna have to make an android army, like in Star Wars. I know a lib young man and he told me if he’s drafted, he’s going to Mexico. Gonna be like “I’ll vote for Kamala, but I ain’t dyin’ for her.”

Tulsi Gabbard has a favorable take on RFK, Jr. She was also his first choice for VP, but declined most likely because she thought she was in line to be picked by Trump.

2 Likes