Boeing's Turbulence, Man-Made Clouds, and Fed Losses: A Stormy Outlook

Originally published at: https://peakprosperity.com/daily-digest/boeings-turbulence-man-made-clouds-and-fed-losses-a-stormy-outlook/

In the skies of both commerce and climate, turbulence is afoot. Boeing, a titan of the aerospace industry, is navigating through a storm of its own making. An insider’s account paints a picture of a company adrift, plagued by a toxic culture and a detachment from its core mission of aircraft production. The narrative suggests that the company’s woes are symptomatic of a broader societal malaise, where the pursuit of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) and environmental, social, and governance (ESG) goals has overshadowed fundamental operational priorities. This shift, according to the insider, has alienated the workforce and diluted the company’s once-renowned passion for aviation.

Meanwhile, the economic horizon is dotted with warning signals. The Federal Reserve, the guardian of the U.S. financial system, has reported a record annual loss of $114 billion in 2023, a stark indicator of potential economic headwinds. This financial shortfall is attributed to an imbalance between the Fed’s short-term liabilities and its long-term assets, which are sensitive to interest rate fluctuations. The situation raises questions about the Federal Reserve’s ability to navigate future financial crises, with implications for the stock market and the broader economy. The stock market’s buoyancy, in contrast to the Fed’s losses, underscores the complex interplay between economic indicators and market performance.

In the realm of environmental science, a secretive project in San Francisco aims to combat global warming by increasing cloud cover through the release of aerosol particles. The Coastal Atmospheric Aerosol Research and Engagement (CAARE) project represents a bold, albeit controversial, experiment in geoengineering. The project’s secrecy stems from concerns over public backlash and the potential for unintended ecological consequences. This initiative reflects the growing urgency and complexity of addressing climate change, as scientists and policymakers explore innovative, yet contentious, solutions to cool the planet.

On a brighter note, the United States is witnessing a resurgence in its honeybee population, a critical component of agricultural pollination and biodiversity. This increase is largely driven by a surge in small-scale beekeeping, particularly in states like Texas, where agricultural tax breaks have incentivized the practice. However, the battle against colony collapse disorder continues, with beekeepers employing aggressive management strategies to sustain their hives. The situation underscores the delicate balance between agricultural productivity and ecological health, highlighting the need for sustainable practices to support pollinators.

Sources

The Decline of Boeing: A Story of Dysfunction and Alienation

At its core, we have a marginalization of the people who build stuff, the people who really work on these planes.

Source | Submitted by Mysterymet

Concerns Arise as Federal Reserve Reports Record Annual Loss in 2023

Although the Federal Reserve cannot experience a liquidity crisis due to its inherent nature, it remains susceptible to insolvency.

Source | Submitted by carolynnedwards

America’s Honeybee Population Soars to Record High: Is the Bee Boom Real?

We’ve added almost 1 million bee colonies in the past five years. We now have 3.8 million, the census shows.

Source | Submitted by Shplad

Secretive Experiment to Shoot Aerosols into the Sky Over San Francisco in Attempt to Increase Cloud Cover

The experiment is being dubbed America’s ‘first outdoor test to limit global warming.’

Source | Submitted by bcoop

3 Likes

We give a basic reading, math and aptitude test for hourly employees. The last HR manager made the minimum passing score 0 to try and hire more people. All that did was fill the plant with people that you cannot train to do anything productive because they don’t have the aptitude for it. Our new HR manager just put the minimum score back to the old way so hopefully things will improve.

4 Likes

For the life of me, I can’t understand the hoopla over global warming. For all we know it coul be the only thing standing between us and the next ice age. Increased CO2 in the atmosphere should cause plant life to thrive, creating a negative (that is to say, stabilizing) climatic feedback loop, and huge tracts of sub-polar land could become fertile farm land.

I could go to explore the dangers of aerosol releases (ice age anyone?), or the massive decline in living standards that will accompany the many other proposals to combat climate change. And the fact that the world will be running short of fossil fuels in the not-too-distant future anyway, but it seems to me that a discussion about whether we even have a problem here is the first one to have.

3 Likes

The bee numbers are not good news. Colony collapse has a more profound effect on wild bee populations, and is being led, at least partially, by the practices of commercial bee keepers.

Commercial bees are frequently driven around a state (not good for any bee), fed sugar water (not good for bee), using plastic honeycomb (not good for bee or consumer), putting pressure on native bees. Think solitary bees, the wild swarms, these are getting the shit kicked out of them.

There are practices here in the US which are banned or socially unacceptable in the UK. The problem is bad in the UK, but not as bad as the US & commercial beekeeping practices are a huge part of that equation.

Think about the commercial beekeper with colony collapse, what’s your solution? Breed a ton more bees, this makes the stats good great for a couple of years, but really, we’re even more fucked than we were before.

It’s a pattern… :pleading_face:

2 Likes

@Helix there really isn’t any need to wonder about the climate narrative.
1 EU tax exemptions for private jets and yachts.
2 Climate change peddlers fly around in private jets, i.e. Its my wife’s jet not mine!
3 Taxing the people to save the planet with no explanation of what it will be spent on.
then I could go into the more technical issues, that would take awhile in each point, but I trust you get the picture.

1 Like

Thanks, I will be sharing this news about artificial clouds :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Regarding “Boing” would you fly on one of their planes (the Max in particular) or allow your kids to?

Parts keep flying off…this time Southwest.

https://www.reuters.com/business/aerospace-defense/faa-says-southwest-plane-with-boeing-engine-cowling-fell-off-during-takeoff-2024-04-07/

The legacy media sure seems to be hyping the problems but conveniently overlooks the obvious.

Some think the incidents are sabotage to instill fear in the flying public. I’m not there yet but it sure seems that the media is bleeding it for all its worth.

The engine cowling that ripped off was from maintenance not Boeing. Yes i would fly on a 737max. We have a serious competence problem in this country! Bad HR decisions have caused unqualified people to be hired and promoted. This is the results of that. I think the media hype is being done to get the general public afraid of flying. Flights for me and not for thee.

Wonder why these weren’t covered by national news?

2 Likes

I’m with you Mystery. I’ll be getting on 4 different max’s in a few weeks. Exit row for leg room too. Flying one is really not an issue for me. At the moment anyway. That could change.

Probably safer now than ever after all the problems, groundings, inspections, etc.

1 Like

They want us all afraid to fly. Actually the number of fatalities due to commercial aircraft accidents is much lower now that the “good old days” back in the 1970’s and 80’s.

2 Likes

An interesting side note on aerosol releases to combat global warming
https://twitter.com/i/status/1777633886324875351

1 Like

Things don’t generally go well when man pretends to be God.

2 Likes