Book Recommendation: Holy Shit

I little while ago, I finished reading the book Holy Shit: Managing Manure to Save Mankind and thought others within our community might enjoy this fascinating read. With the recent discussions about making chicken compost tea and other adventures in garden composting setups on the site, I thought it timely to provide a link and help folks start thinking about another type of gold:  black gold

From Amazon:

In his insightful new book, Holy Shit: Managing Manure to Save Mankind, contrary farmer Gene Logsdon provides the inside story of manure-our greatest, yet most misunderstood, natural resource. He begins by lamenting a modern society that not only throws away both animal and human manure-worth billions of dollars in fertilizer value-but that spends a staggering amount of money to do so. This wastefulness makes even less sense as the supply of mined or chemically synthesized fertilizers dwindles and their cost skyrockets. In fact, he argues, if we do not learn how to turn our manures into fertilizer to keep food production in line with increasing population, our civilization, like so many that went before it, will inevitably decline.

It's time to put some real thought into how best to manage our waste streams for a more prosperous future and this book will help get you thinking in the right direction. Happy reading, and wish me luck in my next visit to the horse pasture to collect some gold. 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://peakprosperity.com/book-recommendation-holy-shit/