Class, Race, Hierarchy, and Social Relations in 'The Long Emergency'

Richard Simmons was particularly concerned for both the infrastructure issues you describe and the fact that there are not enough new engineers coming up through the ranks to deal with these issues, even if the will and capital was in place to address renewing infrastructure. We can't even pretend on the surface of things anymore that everything is well and good.–We no longer have to prove to the world that we have the better system.The other problem we face is an economic ideology which extolls globalism and privatization of all things. In this scenerio these people believe that global corporations will want to invest in our infrastructure as we dismatle the state. All the trade laws and crony captialism in-state, shows a desire not to act as a nation-state anymore, but more like a colony of the transnational bankers and corporations.
This does not bode well for any rational dealing with the crumbling infrasture in the future. I don't see an avenue for Americans to even make money to re-build. AND there's no future in it. Who's going to invest in it to get the ball rolling?–Right now it's all about the fracking and natural gas, but that's just to get the investment money into it. In the meantime the anti-govt. congress won't let the govt invest in these things even to get people employed again.
Could it be that this recognition of peak everything has been recognized by the leadership and that's part of the reason why they have turned regular capitalism into some turbo-charged, inverted system?

…your concerns and opinions are so valid. If just in asking the 'why' question we have to ask ourselves, if we rebuild to what are we rebuilding it for. The depletion rate in oil is (5 to 10% per year) alone, and adding to that we are producing far less than our peak of the early 70's with all infrastructure in place decades before the peak gives pause for any long term investment. I just think it is a waste of time really to build the oil infrastructure out. Unless of course we have 40 years more of a steady supply equal to or greater than today. I don't think so. Maintenance what we have, bypass the problem areas or repair as needed I guess. The infrastructure in place from the early days and schematics are just lost to the engineers who would need to know where this infrastructure moves in and around things. We have built cities literally on top of aged and rusting infrastructure. It is why our first priority would have to be electrical, I would think. I would be more confident in my writing here but I am amazed, truly amazed that we haven't begun this serious build out in conjunction with rail. You want jobs,  good ones, then get this started. Then you have to ask 'why' they haven't even started. Then, 'what' do they know that we don't. It's a valid question as it seems like a simple 'lets do it' answer to me and I'm a knucklehead. Oh well, it will get done, has to get done and my only concern is that it gets done while oil is still relatively cheap and in supply. The clock is ticking…Have a good day.
Yogi

Charles Smith answered the question of why there is no investment in the real economy.Basically, in the banking world numbers matter more than Reality. And in that world the numbers look better just borrowing low and lending a few percentage points higher, rather than investing in relatively risky (in their eyes) real economy. They know of cause that Reality Bites, but they are slaves to their models.
It is a fact that we should be betting the farm (risking everything) on a new energy source. Once (If) we get that then our survival depends on global co-operation to grow food and stop breeding.
Stopping the population bomb will require a modicum of firmness that is bound to rub any freedom loving people up the wrong way. They should be allowed to make a choice.Limit your numbers and eat or you are on your own.
Then they would be at Mr. Darwin's tender mercies.(Lots of luck, LeRoy.) I should imagine that they would then form smaller communities. These small communities would be more severe in their sanctions.
To illustrate my point.
During Stalin's Pogram a story was told by one of the surviving girls. There were 4 children in the family, 3 girls and a little boy. The mother cut up the remaining turnip up into 4 pieces. The little boy was crying. The girls asked the Mother "What about our brother?" She replied that she did not have enough for the insane.
He crawled back under the stove where he usually slept and died. In the morning the man with the cart came around picking up dead bodies. He threw the carcase of the boy on top of the pile and then asked "Are there any more?" The girls said that their mother was very weak. The man threw her on top of the pile too, saying that it would save him a trip in the morning.
The Babuska telling the story said that she could still see her brother's face with tears as big as peas.
In those circumstances all facile ideologies are forgotten.

Because the oil monopoly says no. I always say that a monopoly is a monpoly is a monopoly. It doesn't matter to the folks on the ground whether it's privatized or govt. it's all the same to us. And it means no competition and the squelching of ideas and alternatives.Turning around and making the right choices is not possible in the system we are in. You can't seriously expect the rich oil people with their own agenda to make money to the enth degree to do something else. The govt. which has always been captured by these cronies, is now so much further under their thumb. There's no way they can think outside the box they've been put in thanks to the realities of campaign finance.
You can thank the no regulation bunch a la Milton Friedman and citizen's united for that.
The only thing we do good here is banking, marketing PR and war. Richard Heinberg has just published a new book, "Snake Oil: How Fracking's False Promise of Plenty Imperils Our Future."

I won't discuss this point with you because of course, it is only natural to get every penny out of one's investment. It is why the infrastructure is in disrepair. The oil companies know they will be throwing good money after bad. Here's the thing though, they have all the numbers and see the future clearer than we do so why not build the new electrical economy by investing heavily into what they know is coming? I could argue that they have started. For instance the biggest purchases of fossil fuels are in the huge natural gas fields. I am quite certain that before the turn to a different energy source that the oil companies will still lock in these natural gas fields and try and export where the BIG MONEY lies and that's offshore. It is why the gas to liquids plants are being built in the areas they are because those States are and have always been the Hubs to the mighty oil cartel. I think so anyways. It is just business. They will keep oil as elevated as possible as well as what they want will require a great deal of cash. We'll get our electrical build and I would be shocked if it isn't supplied and built by the oil energy conglomerates.We could talk endlessly about this and have so many well reasoned and in depth conversations, get all lathered up and loud but frankly why? It won't matter until it matters and we won't be at the table to help form policy anyways. We can however plan ourselves and make some coin in doing so. For now, I go walk 18, it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.
Be good.

If you believe that Osama Bin Laden attacked the USA on 9/11/01, then this video report is not for you.  You won’t like it.  So please skip it.

If, however, you already have a strong impression that the attacks were created by insiders and you would like to understand WHO they are and HOW they are interlinked in some top positions of government, banking and industry, then this video report DOES have a lot to offer.  The authors summarize a broad range of discoveries made by investigative reporters over the last several years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RAAztWC5sT8

I followed this subject closely in 2006 – 2008, but stopped about 5 years ago having become sure of my own conclusion.  So about half of this content is new to me.  The other half I am familiar with and have an impression that it is probably correct.  Overall, I suspect that this video report does provide a valuable and probably fairly accurate picture of the insiders who brought us the 9/11 attacks.

And I also understand that this material is only tangentially related to the purpose of pp.  So if it does not see pertinent to you, feel free to ignore and move on.

this society will end! let me explain.
7.8 billion-2 billion is 5.8 billion. nearly 6 billion. The world is going electric, right? wrong. solar panels cant keep up with the electricity needed. the infrastructure is just not their. look back at every society which has fallen. aka, every society. rome. social “equality”, multiculteralism, and feminism brought it to its knees. the baarbariens, took it from their. same happened to egypt, rome took that over. this society will end. every society has. in mass murder, enforced ideology, and then they pick a fight with the wrong country. simple. alot of people are about to die. specificlly the vaxed.

1 Like