Coronavirus: Are We Planning To Fail?

Dear Lord, when is this going to be over?

So many of us are exhausted by the national lockdown and hoping we can all just get back to “normal” soon. So, will we be able to?

Likely not, says Chris. Which means we need to be planning for the future we’re actually entering, not the one we wish we had.

Too many individuals and governments are still making decisions based on false hopes, not actual data. Bad decisions = bad outcomes.

In today’s video, Chris gives example after example of people cracking under the strain of covid-19 and making things worse, not better.

We need to be courageous and realistic if we want to get through this trying time intact.

And starting/expanding a garden is a great step in the right direction.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://peakprosperity.com/coronavirus-are-we-planning-to-fail/

Chris,
I want to thank you for reporting on the Coronavirus. I stumbled on your first video when you posted it in January. It was because of this video and your subsequent videos I became informed about what was going on and I started to take steps as you recommended. I was scheduled to fly out twice at the beginning of February but decided against it because of your recommendations. I am so thankful I did! My husband and I had N95 masks in storage we used for construction projects and we found them. We stocked up even on toilet paper but we didn’t hoard. We bought plenty of extra ammunition before people went crazy. I went and got all my garden supplies before the lockdown thanks to your heads up. I started all my seedlings and I have quite a lot of plants now; cucumbers, spinach, tomatoes, and zucchini. I preserved seeds from the previous planting seasons and I have quite a collection now. I have enough plants for my neighbors, too. The idea to plant in 5-gallon buckets is great! We have a community garden, but I am not sure if people will end up stealing the produce. I guess we will have to wait and see. We live in Colorado and there is going to be a massive protest at the Capitol on Sunday at 1:00 p.m. People are suffering and they want to open the state back up. I do feel peace because of my relationship with God through Jesus Christ. I know ultimately, He has me and my family in His hands. God Bless You, Chris. If it wasn’t for you my husband and I might have ended up sick and worse yet our 11-year-old daughter who has asthma. Thankfully, she is homeschooled. But, we started the stay-at-home as much as possible in January after your first posting about the Coronavirus. So, you might have just saved our lives!

You were right again!
https://www.forbes.com/sites/isabeltogoh/2020/04/17/china-just-admitted-coronavirus-death-toll-in-wuhan-was-50-higher-than-reported/#5d1a74f6702f

So toughen up and get going!

People still dont get the mask stuff. We have had plenty of months to get masks… And they are not being used. I am tired of people and medical professional complaining about masks… I can buy them online… Amazon - has cartridges for my respirator prioritized to medical. So I cannot get them - but apparently they are available but dont use them. My mail carrier not using them. Store clerks not using them. Why they heck cant they improvise one… Again … I dont get it…
As for the money flowing to the slobs - we know , good situation they get rich, bad situation they get richer. Nothing to see here.
I am ok with the mess they have made. Its for the 4th turning… If the US is still standing after this , I will be very surprised… I am ready for the new renewed US - where the FED is nothing… and the each state has its own authority again/. the way it was intended.

maybe why the % deaths is going up / confirmed cases, is that deaths is probably proportional to the actual exponential growth of actual cases. where actual cases = confirmed cases + unknown cases. the confirmed cases which show up in the stats is a function of how much testing is taking place and how much testing is growing. So if testing is at a steady rate or growing linearly then the actual case curve (how prevalent in the community the virus actually is) and death curves are moving away from the testing rate at a growing rate. hence the apparent % increase in cfr. so to me this implies that the virus is still growing the US community exponentially.

Hi Chris

Hi Chris

I’ve been following your videos for most of your 85 days. Just watched your most recent one and had a thought for you. Seems to me the rise in the death- to-case ratio may be fed by the number of cases in the US. Not only are those numbers swapping all the other numbers in the world, but the US is testing so little that only the sickest are being tested and so by default the death rate will be higher. Hopefully the testing will improve and then things will become more clear.
Thanks for doing all that you do

One of your best!! And I couldn’t agree with you more!!

I was a little surprised that you didn’t pick up the France new cases figure as an anomaly. I read something about a recent review of numbers there and this was probably the result. There was something similar at the beginning of the month. The new cases number in now back down to under 2,000.

I have to disagree with you on this one, Chris.
There is plenty of blame to go around – China, the WHO, and the US Federal Gov’t have all done the wrong things at different times in this crisis. (The US Federal Gov’t continues to do the wrong things, IMO.)
But by advocating for defunding the WHO, you are simultaneously playing into the scapegoating being attempted by the President, and also kneecapping the only organization that can help the developing world deal with this pandemic. As the virus invades the global south and hits the hardest in the least wealthy portions of the planet, the WHO – flaws and all – is the only hope we have of avoiding a complete humanitarian disaster in those countries.
So, yes, there should be consequences. But there are other ways, aside from funding, to create incentives and consequences. (This is something called “diplomacy”. I understand why the current Feds are so bad at it, but I don’t get why that means we all have to play by their rules.)
And how do you define the “right” behavior for the WHO?? Who gets to define it? If the President gets to decide on his own to defund them, then does he get to dictate the terms for reinstating the funding? Isn’t this EXACTLY the kind of behavior that led to the fourth ever impeachment inquiry in this country’s history? “I need you to do us a favor: You make a statement that says that the US was misled by China, and that the WHO mishandled the info, and then I’ll release the funding.”
“No difference between how you train a dog, how you raise a child, and how you scold an organization, in this particular case.” Really? Here I am being independent and calling it like I see it: That is childish, simplistic, and a complete load of hogwash. IMO.
You’re right more often than you’re wrong, Chris. And I’ve been a paying customer for almost a decade now, so clearly I value your input. But here I think you’re not seeing the bigger picture, in a couple of important ways.

Chris, at the start you alluded to something good coming out of this but I don’t think you’ve mentioned what those good things are. Indeed, most of your updates point to very bad outcomes for society so is this you keeping your fingers crossed?

Has Chris called out Trump (based on his poor use of logic and data) over this crisis? If not then he shouldn’t be calling out the WHO either and demanding exactly the same as Trump. I agree that the WHO has been terrible in this crisis and should be called to account once the dust has settled enough but to call for de-funding in the middle of the crisis seems just plain stupid. That’s not exactly what Chris is calling for (unlike Trump) or I hope not - I assume he doesn’t want it to cease operation immediately.
The irony of Trump’s position is that the US is $200 million in arrears to the WHO. They probably can’t afford it after bailing out the stock markets.

I’m not sure why it seems strange to characterize the recent “rallies” or “protests” against stay-at-home orders as being “right-wing”. They are demonstrably funded and organized by established right-wing groups. It takes less than a minute on the googles to find out. For example:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/17/far-right-coronavirus-protests-restrictions
"On Wednesday in Lansing, Michigan, a protest put together by two Republican-connected not-for-profits was explicitly devised to cause gridlock in the city, and for a time blocked the entrance to a local hospital.
“It was organized by the Michigan Conservative Coalition, which Michigan state corporate filings show has also operated under the name of Michigan Trump Republicans. It was also heavily promoted by the Michigan Freedom Fund, a group linked to the Trump cabinet member Betsy DeVos.”
And…
"In Idaho on Friday, protesters plan to gather at the capitol building in Boise to protest anti-virus restrictions put in place by the Republican governor, Brad Little.
“The protest has been heavily promoted by the Idaho Freedom Foundation (IFF), which counts among its donors “dark money” funds linked to the Koch brothers such as Donors Capital Fund, and Castle Rock, a foundation seeded with part of the fortune of Adolph Coors, the rightwing beer magnate.”
So, really, there’s not much mystery about the origins of these events…

Disagree vehemently with the argument against defunding WHO. Tedros is the first non-MD to head it, member of a terrorist organization, and may have timed declaring the pandemic so that China could escape fulfilling the US trade agreement signed days earlier. His home Ethiopia is the largest recipient of China’s Belt and Road in Africa.
Tedros’ shady history -

...That’s right. According to the BBC, Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, the director general of the WHO, became head of the organization only after “climbing through the ranks” of the government in his native Ethiopia, a career that started with his membership in the Tigray People’s Liberation Front...
“The TPLF qualifies as a Tier III terrorist organization… on the basis of its violent activities before it became part of the ruling coalition and the government of Ethiopia in May 1991,” a Department of Homeland Security memo states
As The New York Times reported in 2017, a full two years before the current coronavirus pandemic even began, Tedros was accused of covering up three separate outbreaks in Ethiopia when he was the country’s health minister. The deadly cholera outbreaks were brushed off as “acute watery diarrhea” by the doctor...
https://www.westernjournal.com/no-wonder-covered-china-director-prominent-member-communist-party/

"And what motivated WHO Director General Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus to declare the coronavirus nCoV-2019 as a “Public Health Emergency of International Concern (PHEIC)” on January 30 when the epidemic was largely confined to Mainland China?

The evidence suggests that WHO Director-General Tedros was serving the interests of powerful corporate sponsors.

According to F. William Engdahl, Tedros had established a long lasting relationship with the Clintons and the Clinton Foundation. He had close ties to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. Together with the Davos World Economic Forum (WEF) The Gates Foundation were the sponsors of the October John Hopkins 2019 nCoV-2019 “simulation exercise”.

As health minister, Tedros would also chair the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria that was co-founded by the Gates Foundation. The Global Fund has been riddled with fraud and corruption scandals. . Money seems to go unaccounted for under Tedros.

He's not afraid to underreport epidemics at home either....

“During Tedros’ three year campaign to win the WHO post he was charged with having covered up three major epidemics of cholera while health minister in Ethiopia, mislabeling the cases as “acute watery diarrhea” (AWD)—a symptom of cholera—in an attempt to play down the significance of the epidemics, charges he denied.”(Engdahl, op. cit.)"

https://www.globalresearch.ca/covid-19-coronavirus-a-fake-pandemic-whos-behind-it-global-economic-and-geopolitical-destabilization/5705063
Why might he lie you ask? According to this interview with an economist, the Chinese signed the trade agreement with the USA days before the pandemic was announced. Why significant? Because there is a force majeure clause that would allow them to legally escape fulfillment of buying US goods in case of a natural disaster, pandemic, etc. Watch the video- it's astounding news/proof if true.
https://videos.whatfinger.com/2020/04/17/economist-destroys-china-calls-coronavirus-an-act-of-war/?utm_source=whatfinger  

Maybe we need to redo the old posters for this crisis.
https://www.latimes.com/lifestyle/story/2020-04-16/a-history-of-victory-gardens

Has Chris called out Trump (based on his poor use of logic and data) over this crisis? If not then he shouldn’t be calling out the WHO either and demanding exactly the same as Trump.
Chris has pointed out the poor response by the Trump Administration almost from the start. Haven't you been watching the videos?

To me it is clear enough. Counting the dead is easy, counting the recovered needs work. In Holland they do not even try. Some day in March they suddenly came up with 250 recovered, never changed after. It means many (mild sick) people tested positive then go home, recover and without feedback remain in the “active” chart.

YES
Didnt the world agree that all will follow their lead in the case of a world threatening desease. How is it possible that the Dutch government END of Januari declared: Sars2 is not likely to arrive in Europe… Transmitting person to person is not likely… No need to prepare… You still can travel as you like… Everybody is welcome at our ports…
Well, it came from the WHO

I’,m not a fan, nor a hater… But he was the first one to stop incoming flights from China. He wanted to talk about this threat at the G10 but was refused, after which he stopped flights coming in from Europe. Yes he was too late anyway, but fact remains, he was the first country leader to do anything to stop importing the virus.
Middle of March, when Italy really was in disaster, a big university student club of 900 members went to Italy for some skying. Now THAT is what a real idiot government allow to happen. You guys in the USA can be happy to have a leader who is not afraid to take action (good or wrong)

Please do no use my real name if sharing.
I work for a major bank in the Auto Finance department which gives me a weird way of keeping a pulse on part of the US economy. I am absolutely shocked at how many people are out buying cars right now and not staying at home or social distancing.
We do not have the right balance of hospital capacity (with fully stocked PPE), data on effective treatment plans or wide-scale anti-body tests to safely open up the economy yet. We still do not have enough test results back from vaccine trials.
By social distancing and staying at home, we are suppressing, delaying, and staving off a highly infectious and truly horrific pandemic. The second wave will begin the day we ease back on social distancing and staying at home. This is a waiting game… Waiting until our hospitals can handle more new cases… Waiting to find out our best treatment options… Waiting until we can ramp up antibody testing… and the truly high-risk people waiting for an effective vaccine.