Dave Collum Year in Review 2021 - Rise of Global Authoritarianism

I predict that Saxons will be forever changed by the self selective exercise in extermination.
Those of us who have naively sterilized their children will be weeded out, leaving a population with an aversion to authority.
This dynamic is not new. It nurtures the Prime Value of Freedom. The lesson will be harsh for us and will be lost on those with a narrow focus on power.

Freya puts our feet upon the path and the Great Wheel of time must do the rest, for it is the desire of the Wr-alda that we experience the results of wise and foolish decisions  
1 Like

HUGE thanks to Dave Collum from this long-time enrolled member. Every year I read his YIR avidly and carefully and he has never once disappointed with his insight and candor. Over the recent past I recognized that his comments were getting ā€œdarkerā€, but this is entirely understandable.

2 Likes

So you decided to take the clot-shot.
The first rule of a soldier. ā€œYou donā€™t die for your country. You make the other poor sod die for his.ā€
My advice to all others; do not follow suit, you always have a choice.
Dave has made his.

2 Likes
vaccine could give very low fertility rates for multiple generations, equally across all classes of peoples, it might be a great blessing.
Evolution works on subtle difference and these differences are not subtle. Africa will get off virtually unscathed.
2 Likes

I look forward to Daveā€™s YIR every year. Its hard on my brain, because he actually makes me think differently on things I thought I was sure of.
As to his Chris Hedges tongue in cheek, seriously?? you read that and stop? Yā€™all might want to switch to a more accommodating channel.
Daveā€™s work in churning out this prodigious, encyclopedic work is awe inspiring. It is sure to enlighten, infuriate and make anyone who reads it (twice each yr for me) better for it. You donā€™t have to agree with all he says, simply think about it. Isnā€™t that how we actually learn something?
Thank you Mr Collum. I may just take you up on that burger.

2 Likes

and done more gets said than done.
Those down the hierarchy routinely suck salty balls, but the oligarchs donā€™t care provided the plebes donā€™t find a way to flip over the game board. It is formulaic to keep the population in check. Everybody under a tyrannical regime knows the leadership is evil: so what? The knowledge is worthless if the response to it is contained."
this was one of many pearls.
we need some good old fashioned chaos

1 Like

africa has been chemically altered by bill gates for decades.

1 Like

this is not facebook and no place for personal insults.

reading the population bomb in 68 changed my life.
living in the developing world changed it further. the question the native porter asked jared diamond, ā€œwhy the white man have all the goods and we have noneā€, further focused my perspective.
it is clear that (for you christians here who like to quote the bible ) we cannot be fruitflies and multiply ad infinitum. it is biology 101. put bacteria on a petri dish with some food and they will multiply till the food runs out or their own waste does them in.
the truth is (hyperbole alert) everyone on the planet wants to live like amerikaans/europeans. face it not may are giving up their 3 br, 2 ba, 2 car garage , ch/ca home in middle class utopias to live in a mud hut with the stable attached. everyone i have met in those places wants a smart phone, color tv, nice car, nice home, etc. there are 8 billion on the planet and probably 3 billion donā€™t have those things.
population in the developing world grows because there is no social safety net. the social security system is have a large family. the children will take care of the parents in old age.
it has been said that countries with a higher standard of living have fewer children. yes that is true but there is also another factor. a higher education level of women gives them options other than breeding.
if you go into schools in the developing world you will see a 50/ 50 breakdown of boys and girls in the early grades. as you go into the older grades you see less girls. they are kept home to work. supporting organizations that focus on education is an excellent way to give girls more options and lower birth rates.
i am vehemently opposed to the bill gates solution of injecting children with god knows what to achieve what might be taken to be altruistic ends. it is far too machiavellian ā€œsolutionā€ which gates describes as the final solution. i prefer informed consent. i prefer freedom to choose. i am not in favor of reducing human beings to numbers on a chart.
there is an added benefit to educating women. the world ends up with more educated people. i think we might be in need of them.

2 Likes

i read all three parts and dave does a pretty good review.
my disappointment stems from his decision to get the clot shot booster to keep his job. i have some good friends who refused to get stabbed and they lost their jobs. i walked in demonstrations with them and with people i did not know in others.
when do people stop putting their own self interest over the need to fight the authoritarianism which is speeding over us?
i can imagine john hancock giving up his smuggling business, his slave trading and his tea business because well it would cost too damn much to have a revolution.
i remember when i went to jail. a friend of mine had the hubris to say " well it would have been worse for me. i have a lot to lose"
the time to NOT comply is now.
the time to RESIST is now.
and if it isnā€™t now dave then when is it?

4 Likes

It was nice to see this view come out.
Cynical Theories: How Activist Scholarship Made Everything About Race, Gender, and Identity ā€“ and Why This Harms Everybody by Helen Pluckrose and James Lindsay
Iā€™d like to add an interesting, nuanced article about the entire hubbub.
https://amielhandelsman.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/How_To_Be_An-Anti-race_Antiracist.pdf

I got halfway through this screed and wondered why I had given it even that much time.