Defeat the Mandates March on D.C.

That number makes more sense to me than 10,000.
If you compare the DC footage to the Brussels video (with allegedly 100,000 participants), 10,000 in DC doesn’t make any sense. The Brussels crowd was not 10x as large.

1 Like

I have been thinking quite a bit about Bret’s explanation, and how it seems to show a lack of courage.
However, I’m at a point now where I feel that there has to be something important that we don’t know, and that “thing” would explain his decision better than what we have been told.
If you look at Bret’s history and involvement in controversial issues, you don’t come away with the impression that he shies away from confrontation or being courageous.
His stance at Evergreen, or his willingness to give credence to the lab leak theory show that he is willing to take risk and take a position that’s unpopular.
Therefore, I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. I believe that there is a good rationale for his decision, but for some reason, he couldn’t share that. E.g. (wild speculation), what if there was a credible threat on his life ? He probably wouldn’t talk about it right away in public, but would still needed to weigh what to do.
We might (or might not) find out in the future, but for now, until I see a pattern develop, I will file this under “there was a good reason, but I don’t need to know everything”.

12 Likes
I feel that there has to be something important that we don't know, and that "thing" would explain his decision better than what we have been told. If you look at Bret's history and involvement in controversial issues, you don't come away with the impression that he shies away from confrontation or being courageous. His stance at Evergreen, or his willingness to give credence to the lab leak theory show that he is willing to take risk and take a position that's unpopular. Therefore, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.
I don't understand why he's being judged so harshly, as if ANYONE here knows his situation. Sad indeed
5 Likes

@dreinmund, you make some good points. Consider though that Drs Kory, McCullough et al have all had their lives threatened. We do not even know a fraction of what they are all going through. Yet still they showed up, walking in their integrity, putting themselves out there for all the world to see.
We can similarly not know what Weinstein is going through. This was a huge, unparallelled chance for him to help support the cause. For whatever reason he decided not to fulfill the commitment that he made. Where was his integrity?

4 Likes

Bret’s decision to not attend was born out of a legitimate grounding in what we’re up against here.
You’d have to be blind to miss the lengths to which Team Elite will go to get their way. They will bomb, poison, murder, steal, and lie as much as necessary.
I think most people are unable to truly process the evil we’re up against here. So it makes it difficult to accept that Bret might run a different cost-benefit analysis that includes the full spectrum of potential outcomes.
That nothing overtly bad happened does not invalidate his decision. Instead, it might reinforce it. What if ‘they’ decided they couldn’t do much against the march specifically because they knew our side was onto their depraved bag of tricks and we’d left behind a credible deadman’s switch?
Time for us all to wake up. We’re not up against “people like us, only maybe they’ve lost their way.” They don’t think like you, they don’t act like you, and they simply do not care about the things you care about.
I’m glad nothing bad happened. That neither validates nor invalidates Bret’s decision. We simply can’t know much from a negative event outcome. Maybe it had nothing to do with the reason, or maybe it did. Can’t know.
By the way, I supported that decision then and I support it now. It’s strategically the right move. We can’t afford any tactical or strategic errors. There were plenty of speakers there, plenty of courage on display, more than enough to achieve what the day might have achieved.
Bottom line: We’ve got to be smart, cautious and courageous. We are outgunned, outmanned, and outspent by orders of magnitude in every direction. We can’t heave all our troops into any single engagement. If that seems paranoid, then you haven’t been paying attention.

21 Likes

So I went to the march on the 23rd. My first protest ever. Being there in person was awesome in a way I didn’t expect. An old saying, “in the ham & eggs breakfast, the chicken was involved, but the pig was committed.” As someone there on the ground - I definitely felt more like the pig: committed. It was exciting, and cold, and scary, all at the same time. I got some meta signals that some parts of DC were happy to see us - and some darker parts, definitely were not.
A big chunk of my experiences these days are online. They are to some degree synthetic. I came away with the sense I should make an effort to do more things in person.
As for size-of-crowd or non-appearance of this person or that person - there was definitely a deliberate campaign of fear waged on people leading up to this march. Who would have wanted the march to fail? At this point, we know who they are, and how many deaths they’re responsible for, how much power and wealth they’ve accumulated due to “pandemic” and their earnest hope that the pandemic will continue forever. Those people. They paid trolls and bots and others to spread fear. “Doctor Malone be careful!” they’d say on his substack. “I hope you have security!” Uh huh.
And yet nothing happened. Safe as could be. The scariest thing I saw: a large fellow (maybe six two and 250 pounds) walking along the march line bellowing (every 30 seconds) “Jeeeeeezuz Saves!” He wasn’t really scary. But he was quite serious about letting all of us know his thoughts about Jesus.
My favorite sign: a doctor in the crowd was walking around with a sign, which read: “myocarditis; 2018 = 4, 2019 = 4, 2021 = 2500”. I asked her if the numbers were accurate. She said, “I don’t know; I read it on the back of someone’s shirt. But I have a small practice. I’ve seen 5 cases over the last year. And none before.”
Somehow you can read this stuff in posts or tweets or VAERS, but when this real doctor chose this - of all things - to put on her sign, it really made an impact. To me anyways.
All the speakers felt very sincere to me. There were so many. It felt like - maybe this is just my hope - these people, or people like them, could be the future leadership of America. They literally came from all sides of the political spectrum. And they absolutely were NOT playing around. They were all deadly serious. Such potential is there for real change. There were no Oligarchy-exacerbated divisions visible in the speaker group. “You know when a Muslim, a Jew, and Christian are all on the same side, those folks in Congress have to be worried.” This, spoken by a black man. He wasn’t kidding around either. There was no fake “woke” crap. There was no “political upside” to being there. The ones who came, and spoke, were true believers.
If the speakers were brave enough to appear there, then I could do no less but to show up too. That’s why I went. And I’m glad I did.
On the way out, there was a cop taking down a barricade. I walked over to him, and said: “Hey I just want to thank you for keeping us safe here today.” I meant it. He looked at me, nodded, and said “it was my pleasure to do so.”
What we are engaged in is a process. This mandate march isn’t the end of the process. It is just one step along the way. The extreme corruption revealed in RFK’s book lies at the heart of our government - Western governments - and it can be addressed. It could be addressed by people like the group of brave speakers at this weekend’s march. And by those who agree with and support the direction they want to take things.
I might be getting a bit ahead of myself here. But that’s what I see ahead.
On my flight back, I wondered: what would an RFK administration look like?
Timeline-wise, the Oligarchy’s “pandemic drills” laid out in RFK’s book assume they’ll have control for 10 years.
Sadly for them, no plan survives contact with the enemy. The control is fraying - 8 years early - even as we speak. But that too is a process.
We have a lot of history left ahead of us to make. The danger of the shots is just now beginning to penetrate.
The CDC is now trying to tell us that the “fully vaccinated” are no longer fully vaccinated if they don’t have a booster. Just like the “former hero” healthcare workers who are now “Dirty Zeros” (you’re fired!) for not taking the shot, all those who have Taken Two Shots to Save Grandma are now being told - oh did we say two? We meant three. Three Shots to Save Grandma. You don’t want to be a filthy-dirty-unvaxxed, do you? Three Shots. Today. Because they work just that well. Even though the shot targets a version of the virus that no longer exists.
https://www.shorenewsnetwork.com/2022/01/22/cdc-pivots-the-language-and-changes-the-definition-of-fully-vaccinated/
This CDC Orwellian NewSpeak policy - which will cause very real damage to a huge number of human beings - is all part of civilization’s awakening process to the extent of the corruption at the very heart of industry and government here in the US, and around the world also.
So the takeaway from the march: it isn’t an endpoint, it is a process. And during this process, people should feel free to jump on board whenever they like.

16 Likes

I think this issue with Bret is a good example of everyone having their role to play and necessarily being limited to not doing it all.
I bet that for a guy like Bret, awareness of what happens to truth tellers is real in his mind in a way that most of us cannot imagine. A lot of what we call bravery in war comes from not really understanding what can happen.
I think about this whenever a man of Trudeau’s stature speaks at a Remembrance Day ceremony. To hear him talk of sacrifice and defeating hate, protecting our tolerant society and such rings so hollow and yet we can see that the work of the soldiers is awesome in the truest sense of that term.
My own grandfather went to WW2 because he had no money and a horse and the Canadian government told him if he joined they would pay him and feed his horse.
Deal!
Of course he knew the Germans were “bad guys” and wanted to “fight for freedom” but I don’t think you know what can really happen until you have a leg full of shrapnel.
If the idea of a leg full of shrapnel is real to Bret in a way that it isn’t real for other people then thats just his perspective which comes along with his unique ability to show us how starkly dark things have gotten.
And he has done this in ways no one else has and has been of incredible and irreplaceable value during these times. That interview with Malone broke my mind wide open.
I look forward to Bret doing more of what he does and soon

9 Likes

Christenemg said:

“As for me, this is a hill I would die on. It was great to be among so many people that were willing to take a stand for freedom. I don’t generally encounter that many freedom lovers and it felt great to be amongst my peeps. I wish I had been able to meet up with others from the tribe but, despite that not happening, the day was truly inspirational.” [bold mine]
- You nailed it, Chrisinemg! I wanted to share a few observations I had on some of the performances and speeches during the event. The times referenced below are for The Highwire’s video coverage at https://thehighwire.com/videos/defeat-the-mandates-in-d-c-an-american-homecoming/ . The musical performers at this event were exceptional. The opening songs by Hi-Rez & Jimmy Levy (at 0:24;49) gave me goosebumps! Talk about setting the stage for the event! FiveTimesAugust (at 1:52:30) just about brought me to tears, and April (at 2:05:15) had the tears flowing. Truth in music!! The hero doctors (at 0:56:45) were all fantastic, as others have already mentioned, so I won't go into much detail here. I just have to say how proud I was of our Drs. Pierre Kory and Paul Marik from the FLCCC! Dr. Kory gave an EXCELLENT, “must listen to” speech (at 1:12:15). He didn't pull any punches, coming right out and saying we are in a war on re-purposed drugs with Big Pharma. He said the deaths Big Pharma has caused by preventing the use of re-purposed drugs has reached the scale of a crime against humanity. Dr. Christina Parks, who has a PhD in cellular and molecular biology, gave a great scathing speech about the vaccines -and what they are doing about them- that is well worth watching. It is at 3:24:45 of The Highwire’s coverage. Finally, Del Bigtree gave a powerful speech at the end of the event that had the crowd roaring!! I don’t know if the video adequately captures how strongly Del captured the crowd. He called out mainstream media big-time for not upholding their oath to tell the truth, saying they would be held accountable for lying to the country and the world, every bit as much as Fauci, the doctors who went along with the flow [and didn’t fight for their patients], pharma, and the politicians who didn’t listen to the people. It is worth a watch if you haven't seen it yet, at 3:43:38 of https://thehighwire.com/videos/defeat-the-mandates-in-d-c-an-american-homecoming/ . For those who may not know of him, Del runs The Highwire website, thehighwire.com . Edit: And I almost left out RFK Jr.'s speech!! It was inspiring! I am dazzled by this man's courage, and grateful for his dedication and integrity.
12 Likes

I’m looking through the fog of today’s battles into the dark future if we don’t soon derail TPTShouldntB by peaceful means. There will be a lot of gut checks and surprises about who shows up and who doesn’t. That’s the way it always goes.

10 Likes

everyone who showed up was a hero. (i could not attend for medical reasons). i did donate.
this is not the time if ever there was one for equivocation. as eldridge cleaver said “you are either part of the problem or part of the solution.” not attending was not being part of the solution.
if “enemy” action had taken place what good was it going to do for him to sit behind his desk and say “this was planned to be a peaceful demonstration”?
btw his position was made eminently clear in your appearance together. you stated that the system was beyond reform. he said yes then immediately said the opposite.
i started reading your stuff in 2007. i was a martenson brigade member. i bought 25 of the crash course videos. i formed a group of 45 people to work on the three e’s. quite frankly it used to piss me off that at that point you seemed to still think the system could be reformed.
maybe bret will come around in 15 years, if we have 15 years.
your advantage is you left academia a long time ago. bret is still the college professor and comes from a pedantic place. the time for that is long gone.
bret has no clue of the assymetry of the current situation. on the one hand you have bill gates, the cesspool of the cdc, fda, nih, niaid, and silicon valley. all with the platform of all the media outlets at their disposal.
on the other hand there are about 20% of the population that are mostly disorganized and the only power is the ability to take it to the streets. when one of the most visible of the dissidents gives a lame excuse for not taking it to the streets it is a poor look.
my generation ended a war. we did it by burning draft cards,not complying, demonstrating and putting lives and our futures on the line. this is a war and it takes that understanding and courage to win. gandhi, mlk and others were out in front. they were leaders.
as abbie hoffman said, “the little guy will always win, if he is right and he keeps coming”
i live my life according to 4 precepts.
1- show up (bret didn’t show up)
2- pay attention
3- do the best you can (well it wasn’t good enough bret)
4- leave the results to god.
there is redemption for bret if he honestly owns that he made a huge mistake.
he has a lot of catching up to do to get in the same league as you and the majority of the pp community.
ps. yeah it was paranoid and i have been paying attention for 60 years.

3 Likes

For me, I just feel like it’s yucky to be even discussing this… what gives me or anyone else the right to judge Bret for a single decision? It is of course everyone’s right through their freedom of speech, as supported on this platform, to do so. I just don’t feel like it’s my moral right to judge him. He’s done great good… why must we try to tear him down? To what end? To what good? Just my two cents.

21 Likes

Bret is cool, everyone chill out. We are all humans and we all have our own issues. He has shown courage, integrity and leadership already by maintaining his blog and yt channel for so long. If anything, this might just be a signal that he needs our help and support more than ever. I don’t question his courage one second.

16 Likes

Do any of the brick throwers have any idea what Bret went through at Evergreen? He stood in front of these students and their threats and their demeaning behavior for months in his principled defense of true anti-racism. I don’t know if I could have handled it the way he did…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cMYfxOFBBM

18 Likes

Lots of good discussion about Bret not showing up. I’m wondering though, is it really that important to be spending half of all comments debating it? If he regrets it then he will show up at another. If he doesn’t want to then he won’t. Others will. Let’s move on.

16 Likes

I think what’s not being fully understood is how good the powers that be are at effectively eliminating all dissent. The last time a movement had any effect on policy was probably during the Vietnam War. That took almost a decade to get anywhere and was probably the last time the government feared the people.
Since then marketing, public education, media and media consolidation have effectively kept the people in a state of ignorance and voluntary compliance, until Occupy Wall Street.
That was actually brilliant and the elite did not see that coming. They certainly didn’t see how effective it would be and how it would spread like wildfire. They threw all the usual dirty tricks at it because the original core message resonated with much of the American public. “Banks got bailed out, we got sold out!” Wall Street’s gains were privatized but their losses were socialized. No one responsible was held accountable, etc.
If I remember his bio correctly, I think Chris’s thinking was deeply influenced by the global crash and the response to it. The elite probably studied that time period extensively and found ways to make sure it never happens again. I’ve read (but can’t easily find the link for attribution) how China’s CCP has extensively studied the fall of the Soviet Union to learn exactly how it happened and make sure it never happens to them.
I can go to a protest without worry because I’m not really a target. I’m just another older woman who doesn’t have to concern myself with losing my job. I can be aware of my surroundings and leave the minute something looks like it will go badly.
Bret is a very public face of this, as are many of the doctors who spoke, RFK Jr. and others in the spotlight. Who know what kind of messaging he received to influence his decision.
Seriously people, there’s enough trouble being thrown at those of us who think the way most of us here do. Let’s not throw one another under the bus!

14 Likes

I respect what you said Jim, as well as Chris and others. My question is are we in this together or not? It is exceptionally difficult for those who are in the trenches fighting with determination & passion, taking risks, to see an important leader say what amounts to ‘I have the heebie jeebies so I am gonna sit this one out.’ Is it / was it a smart move? Who knows, time will tell.
It does remind me of the scene in the movie Braveheart when Robert the Bruce’s father was imploring his son, who was full of passion and wanting to join the battles with William Wallace, that it was not the time to charge in, but rather the time to make strategic alliances with the Nobles, which were needed to prevail in the quest for the Scottish kingship.
Yes, we absolutely need to be smart and strategic. We do not want or need any martyrs. But the people do need to see courage walking, because courage is what they will follow.

8 Likes
this might just be a signal that he needs our help and support more than ever
I rallied last fall in Boston but I couldn't go to DC. I agree we should look for ways to support those who have been in the line of fire. Like donations to their websites or purchasing their books because some of them have taken major financial hits to stand up to evil.
7 Likes

I think kicking people out of the group for some perceived “impurity” is a luxury we just don’t have. That’s what the wokesters do. I recommend: let’s not be wokesters.
We’re facing some really evil groups of people. We need all the allies we can get.
Winston Churchill: “If Hitler invaded hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons.”
We’re all on the same side. Now we just need to focus on making that a bigger group. Not a smaller group.
Be strategic. Be Winston Churchill.
EDIT: Note. I am NOT equating Weinstein with the devil. I treasure his Malone-Kirsch-Weinstein podcast. It really did start this whole ball rolling. I salute him for that. Everyone has a part to play. Not everyone plays the same part. That’s ok.
Heck, a bunch of people didn’t go. They all had reasons. That’s ok too. Maybe they helped in other ways. Maybe they’ll help more as time passes. Maybe they wanted to focus on local activities. Maybe they’ll go next time. Maybe they just didn’t have the resources. It’s all fine. Big tent.

26 Likes

Jim, After watching that video and thinking about “the hill to die on”, those students are not worth dying for. They are more dangerous than the corrupt institutions that is wrecking our country. Sanctimonious profoundly ignorant clueless assholes.

11 Likes

Don’t let perfect be the enemy of the good. Even if we disagree about some one decision don’t let that be a reason to attack an ally. The point can be made in more positive and encouraging ways.
For any large scale war, like defending our freedom against an imminent tyranny, we are going to need numbers. Seeking full ideological and tactical agreement will keep us from taking action or from expanding our numbers. We have to live with dissent. The question is where and how to draw the line.
The American Revolution required alliances between pro and anti slavery sides. We are not nearly as divided. But we need to know what we are fighting against and even more importantly what we are fighting for.
I see a problem right now with putting together a cohesive message. A declaration of basic principles is really needed. Let that be where we plant the flag and the hill we die on. Let that be what brings people to the same tent.
For instance we agree with punishing Fauci et al but are not on the same page with what happens after. I am on the side that says the system is the problem. Take away Fauci and another takes his place. Disband the FDA, CDC, NIH, NIAID. We don’t need them. They are a waste of money, will inevitably be corrupted, and are actually counterproductive. A free society is hampered by government regulators compelling us to ingest, or prohibiting us from doing so, by threat of force. We who believe in bodily autonomy and individual rights cannot abide an institution whose very purpose is to trample on our rights.

15 Likes