Garbage 'Science': Be Wary Of What You're Being Told

I saw an interview of Boulware published today… he is asked about the Zinc, and if I recall correctly his answer was that about 20% of participants in both groups were taking a supplement, and that they fared no better than those not taking supplements. It seems we know nothing of actual blood levels, level or type of supplement, etc. The subject signed up via internet so they were one step removed from the Doc.
This study wears the moniker of RCT but otherwise it’s not so great…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fo5p-8D0fEo

Interesting article about aysmptomatic carriers. We still don’t have solid figures (and may never have) but most studies put the percentage of asymptomatic cases at over 40%. However, given that such studies are over a limited time, it seems that it might be impossible to know how many asymptomatic cases there have been. That said, it looks like many asymptomatic cases don’t develop anti-bodies (their immune system didn’t seem to need to mount a response) so could become infected many times. Looks like many could also be shedding the virus.
What do we make of this?
Edit: An afterthought. If, in some cases, the body doesn’t mount an immune response, how does the virus ever go away? In the article, the featured asymptomatic patient eventually tested negative at around the time her symptomatic husband did.

I think the innate immune response system (stronger in kids) doesn’t rely on antibodies. Antibodies are part of the adaptive system. https://microbiologyinfo.com/difference-between-innate-and-adaptive-immunity/

Funding of record was from the William Harvey Distinguished Chair in Advanced Cardiovascular Medicine at Brigham and Women’s Hospital (Boston, MA, USA). Lead researcher of the retrospective survey was Mandeep R. Mehra, who “reports personal fees from Abbott, Medtronic [pacemakers], Janssen, Mesoblast, Portola, Bayer, Baim Institute for Clinical Research, NupulseCV, FineHeart, Leviticus, Roivant, and Triple Gene.” According to Wikipedia, Dr. Mehra "is the founding medical director of the Brigham Heart and Vascular Center (2012-2019) in Boston, Massachusetts…
“Brigham and Women’s Hospital (BWH) is the second largest teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School and the largest hospital in the Longwood Medical Area in Boston, Massachusetts. Along with Massachusetts General Hospital, it is one of the two founding members of Partners HealthCare, the largest healthcare provider in Massachusetts. Elizabeth Nabel serves as the hospital’s current President.” Mehra is a graduate of the Mohatma Ghandi Institute of Medical Science (at the young age of 15 or 16?) with additional studies in the U. S., but no additional degrees I could find.
Dr. William R. Harvey, in whose name the distinguished chair may have been established, was a doctoral graduate of Harvard and President of Hampton University for 40 years.
Dr. Nabel did a stint with NIH from 2005 to 2009 and was later involved in the controversy of whether NFL expert medical profession advisers were covering for the NFL in the brain injury investigations.

In Holland the positive-tested total cases is at this moment 0,27% of the population. These are people that were tested after getting sick (you need to present symptons to get tested)
Yesterday the bloodbank announced that at this moment 5,5% of all donors present antibodies. This would mean that about 95% of all cases would be a-symptomatic.

Hey folks, a new thing to deatomise, someone poke Chris so he can see this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fewIzF1VRTo, to me it doesnt make sense that Cvit should increase the risk of disease, its either Boltzman brain or possibly fake

They have found the antibody test to be mostly useless - it can cause false positives - it additionally can be sensitive to any other coronvirus. ie… if someone has had the cold virus in the last 1- 2 years. 5.5% means nothing… I would not draw conclusion from this. Not saying it wont be done - its just not good science.

As a prophylactic, it probably doesnt work. I think people in high risk are taking it because the risk of not knowing whether you have it ( asymptomatic ) Not to really keep from getting the disease but getting severe. So again bad science. The Indians did a study with their police who were taking as prophylactic. They did get sick - the difference between the control not taking and the group taking - was not if they got sick - was that several in the control died - and none taking ddid… its prophylactic that way… not - that you wont get sick… That would be really far fetched sceince. Further , I do not buy all this asymptomatic - its more presymptomatic and mild cases

Dammit i was under impression they didnt mean it only propylactic way, next time ill try to not skip a quarter of the video :d Well then its understandable, almost… I mean i do imagine it in a way like shutting infection early but seems it passes through and evolves to lesser extend still
oh media still could either not get it, or be misinterpreting it for the sake of some eyecatching headlines

Just wanted to clarify that Mandeep Mehra (lead author of the Lancet paper) is the William Harvey Distinguished Chair in Advanced Cardiovascular Medicine at Brigham and Women’s Hospital (since April 2018) according to his LinkedIn profile. This would indicate that he funded the study.
Please see also post #68 re: funding.
Thanks for the background info on his education - quite interesting…

As always, Chris was ahead of the curve on this. Now the fraud is being uncovered. This article just appeared on RT news:

Rush to trash hydroxychloroquine based on faulty Surgisphere data exposes fundamental flaws in profit-based medical ‘science’

https://www.rt.com/news/490734-hydroxychloroquine-faulty-data-science-flaw/

Dr. Mehra graduated from the Mahatma Ghandi Institute of Medical Sciences in 1983.
https://www.mgims.ac.in/index.php/dr-mandeep-mehra
Wikipedia lists his birth date as December 1967. His physician directory lists his medical degree was obtained from the Mohatma Ghandi Institute and his residency in internal medicine was from Mount Carmel Medical Center.
https://physiciandirectory.brighamandwomens.org/details/815/mandeep-mehra-cardiovascular_medicine-heart_transplant-boston

I’m glad the paper was withdrawn