Geopolitical Shifts and Healthcare Privacy Concerns

Originally published at: https://peakprosperity.com/daily-digest/geopolitical-shifts-and-healthcare-privacy-concerns-dominate-headlines/

In the geopolitical arena, tensions and strategic maneuvers underscore the shifting balance of power and economic strategies among global players. An interview with David Marin delves into the complexities of the current financial system, touching on the decline of American influence post-9/11, the rise of China, and the looming specter of World War III due to resource conflicts and strategic threats. Marin discusses the importance of diversifying manufacturing sources, embracing automation, and preparing for commodity inflation amidst a potential Western debt crisis. He advocates for a high-growth, low-tax economy and suggests investing in precious metals as a hedge against economic instability. The conversation also highlights recent defense collaborations, such as the submarine deal between the UK, US, and Australia, aimed at countering China’s military assertiveness, particularly in the South China Sea. Marin posits that a debt Jubilee could offer a pathway to economic recovery, though challenges like stagflation loom large.

On the domestic front, a study by the University of Pennsylvania raises concerns about privacy practices in the healthcare sector. It reveals that 96% of non-federal acute care hospitals in the US share user data with third parties through their websites, often without comprehensive privacy policies in place. The study points to the ubiquitous presence of tech giants like Google and Meta in collecting user data, including sensitive information such as IP addresses and browsing habits. With the absence of federal data privacy laws, the researchers advocate for the use of browser-based privacy tools to safeguard personal information.

In response to Russia’s ongoing military activities, the US and UK have introduced new sanctions targeting the trade of Russian aluminum, copper, and nickel, aiming to cut off funding streams for President Vladimir Putin’s war efforts. While these measures restrict the delivery of new supplies to major exchanges like the London Metal Exchange and the Chicago Mercantile Exchange, they stop short of completely barring Russia from the global metals market. The sanctions are expected to influence market dynamics, including prices and the willingness of traders to handle Russian metals, though the overall impact on global supply chains and market prices remains to be seen.

Sources

David Maren: The Future of World War III, the Dollar, and Britain’s Place in the World

I think Sterling is the safe haven, my preferred currency in all of this. The things which I’m going to describe, Sterling is the place to be. Even if you were a foreign investor, Sterling is the place to be. I reiterate it, you know. I think you know, cable might come back, sort of 10 big figures worst case, but then it’s going to, you know, multiples 152. It’s your safe place.

Source | Submitted by rhollenb

Hospitals’ Websites Share User Data with Google, Meta, and Other Third Parties, Study Finds

Hospitals — despite being places where people implicitly expect to have their personal details kept private — frequently use tracking technologies on their websites to share user information with Google, Meta, data brokers, and other third parties, according to research published today.

Source | Submitted by Shplad

US and UK Impose New Restrictions on Trading Russian Aluminum, Copper, and Nickel

The sanctions will also affect the willingness of traders to handle Russian metal, as many view the ability to deliver on the LME as essential, and some contracts include clauses specifying that they will be void if the metal ceases to be LME-deliverable.

Source | Submitted by Congero1

1 Like