Happy Thanksgiving

Hello.

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for contributing to this site, in ways both large and small.

For US readers, I wish you a happy and safe holiday.

Things will be a little quiet around here today. I will not have a major blog post today, just this little one.

Today is about remembering all the things we have to be thankful for, and my list is long.

• I have my health
  • I have a loving family
  • I have a strong community
  • And I am blessed with the intelligent community forming around this site and the messages of the Crash Course.

Be well and be thankful.

All the best,
Chris Martenson

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://peakprosperity.com/happy-thanksgiving-4/

Hey Chris,

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family as well. I have plenty to be thankful for, and as long as the thankful for list does not get lower than the angst list, I will be fine.

Shout outs and props to my

Beautiful and intelligent wife
My 2 healthy and awesome young children
My mom, who is turning the big 75 this year, and is still as alert and active as ever
My health, which is cool but I am starting to pay for a few motorcycle accidents of the past
My close and extended family, who so far are coming through this mess somewhat well
And to my friends on CM, be safe, eat a lot, and get smashed as much as possible. Next Thanksgiving I will be back in the states, and I am cooking 2 Turkey’s just to catch up.
Peace and Love,

Chris,

Happy Thanksgiving to you!

And thanks to you for all of the time and energy that you put into this site!

All my best wishes to your families as well!

May we continue to build strong friendships, and work towards the common good through intelligent discussion and prudent action.

Cheers!

Chris.

Many blessings to you and everyone that visits your great website. May we all have courage and persistence to change the hearts of the deniers.

Gary

happy thanksgiving bro

and happy to all out there we really do have a lot to be thankful for.

thanks to everyone here who has enriched my life.

we are here for a reason and we can make this a better world.

if not us then who ? …if not now when?

I am personally thankful for Chris and this site; he (and the group here) has helped me to accept that I am not nuts for being concerned about current events. I have acquaintances who ridicule my fears and even most of my (limited number of) friends can’t understand why I would disturb myself by pulling my head out of the sand, much less carry on an intelligent discourse about my fears. I still vacillate between ‘motivated to see change’ and ‘paralyzed by terror’, but as this group grows, I see some hope.

May we all be blessed with an abundance of thankfulness… and aplenty of things to be thankful for.

Keith

Yes, a Happy Thanksgiving and God Bless to Chris, Erik, Lucas - the whole team, and naturally the entire community. It’s really been special being a part of this for almost a year now, watching everything develop, and now growing with the community.

Peace, Love, and HOPE!

Christopher

Happy (belated) Thanksgiving to all my Chris Martensen family.

Hola Chris –

Happy Thanksgiving from Buenos Aires … where a record heat wave has caused some localized power cuts. Because of stressful events in the past, people here have a very short fuse. In one neighborhood, they started a ´cacerolazo´ (banging pots and pans on the balconies), while others burned tires in the streets, to protest the power cuts.

But our neighborhood is peaceful. We´ve been looking at real estate, just for kicks. It´s up about 80% compared to three years ago. One-bedroom apartments in good neighborhoods which sold for $60,000 to $80,000 in 2005, now are priced at $125,000 to $150,000. (Real estate here is priced in US dollars.)

Retail sales peaked in September, so the local economy is about a year behind the US. The severe hits which global markets took in October and November are just being felt here. The government, which openly admits to being Keynesian, is responding with standard fiscal policy. They are also offering a tax amnesty to try to attract flight capital, which is still leaving the country for fear of the populist government of Cristina Kirchner.

Anyhow, we are thankful to be in this pleasant, beautiful city, and saddened by the horrific vioolence in Bombay. Cheers!