How To Avoid Getting Infected By The Coronavirus

As worldwide coronavirus cases blow past 100,000 sickened, the question on everyone’s mind is: “How do I avoid getting infected?”

Chris goes through the best steps for self-protection in this video (jump to the 35m:10s mark for his summary):

Crazy infectious with a serious complication rate near 15% and a case fatality rate of over 3%, many of us are likely to catch this virus, and most of us will probably know at least one person who dies from it.

And with that many sick people, the health care systems around the world are going to be overwhelmed. Even if you don’t have the virus, you still may not be able to get critical care for other health emergencies (sickness, injury, baby delivery, etc)

Chris shares some of the dozens of stories we’re receiving from health practitioners all over the world who feel shocked and betrayed by how poorly their hospitals are prepared for what’s coming.

So take steps now to increase your odds of being one of those who avoids covid-19 altogether.

Reading the coronavirus preparation megathreads available for free on PeakProsperity.com is a great way to get started:

1. Coronavirus: Sanitation, PPE and Self Quarantine Megathread
  2. Coronavirus: Medicinals, Herbals and Supplements Megathread
  3. Coronavirus: Home Prep, Deep Pantry & Gardening Megathread
If you’re one of the many new readers here on Peak Prosperity, be sure you’re up-to-date on developments with the coronavirus. All of our latest covid-19 video updates, podcasts and articles can be accessed here for free.

And here’s a brief list of the more recent material that Chris and I have published for our premium subscribers, to give you a sense of what’s behind the paywall (free executive summary, enrollment required for full access)

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://peakprosperity.com/how-to-avoid-getting-infected-by-the-coronavirus/

Been looking for this
https://peakprosperity.com/when-it-comes-to-protection-from-the-coronavirus-youre-on-your-own/#comment-385934
Per this paper:
Stability of SARS coronavirus in human specimens and environment and its sensitivity to heating and UV irradiation

The causal agent for SARS is considered as a novel coronavirus that has never been described both in human and animals previously. The stability of SARS coronavirus in human specimens and in environments was studied.Using a SARS coronavirus strain CoV-P9, which was isolated from pharyngeal swab of a probable SARS case in Beijing, its stability in mimic human specimens and in mimic environment including surfaces of commonly used materials or in household conditions, as well as its resistance to temperature and UV irradiation were analyzed. A total of 10(6) TCID50 viruses were placed in each tested condition, and changes of the viral infectivity in samples after treatments were measured by evaluating cytopathic effect (CPE) in cell line Vero-E6 at 48 h after infection.The results showed that SARS coronavirus in the testing condition could survive in serum, 1:20 diluted sputum and feces for at least 96 h, whereas it could remain alive in urine for at least 72 h with a low level of infectivity. The survival abilities on the surfaces of eight different materials and in water were quite comparable, revealing reduction of infectivity after 72 to 96 h exposure. Viruses stayed stable at 4 degrees C, at room temperature (20 degrees C) and at 37 degrees C for at least 2 h without remarkable change in the infectious ability in cells, but were converted to be non-infectious after 90-, 60- and 30-min exposure at 56 degrees C, at 67 degrees C and at 75 degrees C, respectively. Irradiation of UV for 60 min on the virus in culture medium resulted in the destruction of viral infectivity at an undetectable level.The survival ability of SARS coronavirus in human specimens and in environments seems to be relatively strong. Heating and UV irradiation can efficiently eliminate the viral infectivity.
The SARS virus is a close cousin of the Corona virus so it can be assumed that how it reacts to conditions, the Corona virus may well too. My take away from the abstract: 1) The SARS virus survives on surfaces (they tested 8) and in water (urine ???) for 72 to 96 hours. 2) SARS virus stayed stable (assuming we mean in the air? or in a dish?) at all three tested temperatures, 4C/39.2F, 20C/68F and 37C/98.6 for 2 hours. 3) SARS virus was killed in 90 minutes at 56C/132.8F 4) SARS virus was killed in 60 minutes at 67C/152.6F 5) SARS virus was killed in 30 minutes at 75C/167F 6) SARS virus was killed in 60 minutes of irradiation of UV light. Conclusion: We need to find out at what temperature the rubber bands on paper masks degrade or melt but you could put your masks into the oven and cook the virus out of them. Those of us with UV sterilizers, we must use them for at least 60 minutes.

I’m a new member and I’ve been following the coronavirus Aka bunny bager virus since December last year. I’m in ireland and our numbers are olny starting at the minute we are at the case case stage. But any who I know since last December this virus was driffrent not sure why just had a feeling but I could not find any real information about it but then I found your videos and thank god I did I now have all the up to date information and data that I could need and I really thank you and appreciate your videos. I also have to say some if the numbers have me lost can figure out what chain are doing and god olny knows what my grovenment are doing I’m still confused about them not calling off st Patrick day Paraids I know I would have them cancelled cause we have our frist community spread case but then I’m not in the grovement if I were we would be still talking about cancelling patrick day it would have been done. But any way thank you agian.

Reading the coronavirus preparation megathreads available for free on PeakProsperity.com is a great way to get started:
  1. Coronavirus: Sanitation, PPE and Self Quarantine Megathread
  2. Coronavirus: Medicinals, Herbals and Supplements Megathread
  3. Coronavirus: Home Prep, Deep Pantry & Gardening Megathread
The megathreads listed are current to 2/23. I have updated them further but haven't had a chance to post them yet. If you would like new copies of the three thread (which are current to 2/27), send me a PM here. Include your email address and I will send you new copies in a few days updated to 3/6. Premium members, I also have the same category files for the Premium video threads. Ask for those as well.

Great place here. If you don’t see it, ask. Lots of people way smarter than the average honey badger ready to share their knowledge and expertise.

I mean seriously?
Victorian health authorities are trying to contact about 70 patients of a Melbourne doctor who has developed coronavirus after returning from the US
The doctor is the state’s 11th case of the novel coronavirus and the state health minister, Jenny Mikakos, says he attended work and treated patients after her was symptomatic.
“I have to say I am flabbergasted that a doctor that has flulike symptoms has presented to work,” Mikakos said.
The doctor returned from the US on 29 February and saw approximately 70 patients last week between Monday 2 March and Friday 6 March at the Toorak Clinic on Malvern Road. The clinic has been since closed.
Patients have been contacted by text message, phone or email and two patients the doctor treated in a Malvern nursing home have been isolated.
All patients the doctor saw and all clinic staff have been asked to self-isolate for 14 days. The clinic’s other patients have been asked to monitor their symptoms.
Passengers on the flight with the doctor would be contacted, Mikakos said.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-07/coronavirus-infects-melbourne-doctor/12023438

Anyone have a list of infection numbers in the States by the date? I remember Trump’s speech when it was 15 going down to zero and just wanted to see how much it’s jumping every day.

https://defensemaven.io/bluelivesmatter/news/police-enforce-quarantine-on-residential-block-after-man-dies-of-virus-ktk7SzonGEOiKHwYs5vgvA
Q: How many blocks do you think they could do this for before 100% of the police are doing nothing but enforcing quarantine?
A: Not many. (This can’t be the plan, can it?)

People here (the Netherlands) are not prepared at all, that's concerning when we're the most dense populated country in Europe. People who are sick don't bother trying to cover their mouth when coughing, the government acts like nothing is going on and that they 'have it under control'. Schools and universities probably wont shut down until it's very out of hand and then they'll probably complain they can't treat everyone but didn't bother to take appropriate action now. The government is trying to reduce panic but all they're doing is brewing it and saving it for a later date when it will be worse for all of us.

36 year old woman in Omaha, NE had minor symptoms for a week, then got suddenly worse today. https://twitter.com/randyessex/status/1236064432859553797?s=20
Here in Colorado we are up to 8 cases with possibly 2 related to Italy. Yesterday there were only two confirmed. Media here, is treating it, as no big deal. Local health authorities say everything is under control.

https://www.cheknews.ca/b-c-government-containment-coronavirus-covid-19-plan-652126/
Looks good for planning & strategizing for BC-happy about that. No leadership panic in evidence which is appreciated. I personally find most folks still poo-pooing the threat which I perceive as being very real. Community transmission in Vancouver, lots of people moving between Van & Victoria daily, and a whack of tourists from Washington State here in Feb. I believe it is already circulating here on Vancouver Island and Victoria in particular. It is just taking time to manifest. A few oversea school trips cancelled. Some stores showing stock outages, notably masks & sanitizer. Give it a few more weeks and we will be in the boom phase. I have no doubts at all.
Lots of frustrations trying to get get loved one’s to buy into into the seriousness of the whole enchilada, not just the health threat. Common refrain: you need to stop reading Peak Prosperity… hmmm… ? not a fan of that one.
What were those 3 stages again?!? So many stuck in denial of not just this but all the other fires that are burning. I think ppl are tapped out, cannot possibly absorb anymore bad news that is threatening in any way. It is just easier to not pay attention. Sort of like don’t test, don’t tell, don’t have to plan or pay for tests etc. But with so many leaders and authorities lying and spreading false information why am I surprised that ppl go along and blindly follow.
It takes courage to be a contrarian and think and act differently. At times I think it is the contrarians who will be the ones to rise again after all the crap is over. Time will tell, I guess.
Jan

• Very pleased with the BC response (finally) that anyone coming in with flu symptoms will be tested for nCov19. No limits.

Not trying to be a smartazz, here, (heh) but, being dyslexic, memorizing conversion tables of numbers is too hard for me. So, I just memorize the formula and pull out a calculator.
9/5 C + 32 = F or 1.8 C +32 =F. Zero degrees Centigrade is equal to 32 deg. F

touch face

Your not paranoid, just better informed!
“It takes courage to be a contrarian and think and act differently“
Is that what we have, and I thought we were eccentric!

C = F?

“It’s all fun and games until somebody ends up in a cone.” ??

So those of us in Washington who need testing but can’t get it just need to show up at the boarder to have Canada fest us?

Quick approximation if you don’t have a calculator handy:

1. Round to the nearest factor of 5. So, 56 C becomes 55.
  2. Divide by 5. Now we have 11.
  3. Multiply by 9, gives us 99.
  4. Add 32, and we are at 131 F, which is pretty close.
  5. Then if you want to be closer, add or subtract 1.8 for any degree you may have adjusted by in step 1.

In Williamson county (near Nashville) a traveler back from a trip to Boston has now been diagnosed with SARS Cov2 virus. This is a wealthy family since the kids go to local high dollar private school. I have not heard any details on how quarantine or contact tracing is going. This coupled with a severe tornado storm in the last few days has this area on edge.