Livecast Today: Sunday, May 21st, at 5:00 ET

Evie and I have decided to commit to another Livecast today.

Check out the Peak Prosperity Channel on Youtube to tune in.

I’ll post a direct link here as soon as we have one.

Today’s topics may include:

• Drug shortages (which are still bad) and what that might portend for millions if that condition worsens
  • The Durham report and what it means
Of course, anything else that people ask or raise here in the comments below, or in the live chat.

Cheers, and see (some of you) soon!

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://peakprosperity.com/livecast-today-sunday-may-21st-at-500-et/

Getting Off

Taper off SLOWLY if you are going off. Pill splitting and shaving kind of slow. Try EMDR therapy instead.

Thanks For The Live Cast

What a great surprise today. Thanks Chris and Evie.

1 Like

Tapering Off

Once you have tapered down in tablet form, some of these drugs can be made available in liquid form, which makes it easier to make serial dilutions so that the last tapering can be done to over time to extremely low doses before stopping.

1 Like

Drug Side Effects

You have probably seen the Jardiance commercials, with people dancing and excited about their drug. Well, you may have also heard the mention of a rare side effect, an infection of the perineum (genital area). I looked it up, it’s called Fournier’s gangrene! If you are one of the individuals who gets this “rare” side effect, count on three to six weeks in the hospital on IV antibiotics, and possibly some surgical removal of tissue! I guess if they described this a little more clearly on their happy little commercials, no one would take this!

4 Likes

Who Will Fill The Political Vacuum?

The Washington political establishment will inevitably collapse, just as the regimes of Louis XVI, Czar Nicholas II, and the Soviet Union each did in turn, when there was no-one remaining who trusted the old rulers. Civilization is based on trust, and when trust is gone, everybody had better watch out. The collapse is already well underway.
As the collapse occurs, we should not deceive ourselves about who is watching and licking their chops to seize power- they are the members of the global stakeholder capitalist class that Fela Kuti labeled as Beasts of No Nation. The badly deceived, confused, divided, impoverished, physically and mentally ill American public are in no position to take control.

Minor Disagreement But It Is Important To Point Out

I rarely disagree with Chris. I think it is important to stay hyper focused on what can be done rather than what we feel like doing. I am angry and emotional about what happened with Crossfire Hurricane. We must however be deliberate and calculating here if we ever want to have a chance of getting justice.
The crimes of sedition and treason are similar. There are however a few nuanced differences. I have to bring this up because processing these people through the criminal justice system and obtaining a conviction will require that we charge them with the crimes that can be proved beyond a reasonable doubt.
I do not think it would be easy to obtain a conviction for Treason. Article III, Section 3 of the US Constitution states;
" Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort. No person shall be convicted of treason unless on the testimony of two witnesses to the same overt act, or on confession in open court.
The Congress shall have power to declare the punishment of treason, but no attainder of treason shall work corruption of blood, or forfeiture except during the life of the person attainted."
I don’t think we can get past the “levying of war” part. Sedition has a similar but different meaning. 18 USC 2384 Seditious Conspiracy is defined as;
“If two or more persons in any State or Territory, or in any place subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, conspire to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States, or to levy war against them, or to oppose by force the authority thereof, or by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States, or by force to seize, take, or possess any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof, they shall each be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both.”
Sedition would be a lot easier to prove in court beyond a reasonable doubt and obtain a conviction.

4 Likes

Mother’s Day - Not A Hallmark Holiday!

I don’t always get to enjoy these live streams live, but happy this was an exception!
Evie’s comment caught me at the end – I had a recent conversation with the grocery store cashier on the same topic last weekend! – but Mother’s Day is not a Hallmark holiday despite its commercialization over the years. A school teacher in the early 1900s wanted to honor her mother (and all moms) post-mortem for their devotion to their children:
https://www.info-america-usa.com/mothers-day-in-the-usa/

Origin of Mother’s Day in the USA

The official US Mother’s Day was established in the 1900s following the efforts of Philadelphia school teacher Anna Jarvis. After her mother’s death in 1905, she created Mother’s Day as a way to honor mothers’ devotion to their children.

In May 1908 Jarvis arranged the first official Mother’s Day celebration in a church in West VirginiaAfter the success of her first Mother’s Day, Jarvis wanted to put her holiday on the national calendar…

By 1912, many states and churches had incorporated Mother’s Day as an annual holiday…Her determination was rewarded when in 1914 US President Woodrow Wilson officially declared Mother’s Day as a national holiday that is held on the second Sunday in May…

Since Anna Jarvis had originally designed Mother’s Day as a day of private celebration between mothers and families, she was angered by the commercialization of Mother’s Day. She felt that the original spirit of the day was lost to greed and profit.

Thanks for all both of you do!

3 Likes

Pettyness

The reason people fight so viciously over small things is because there’s nothing like hate to give a meaningless life purpose.
Many of our ills stem from a lack of meaning, I think.

8 Likes

I like this comment. However, I might add my opinion. I think many people simply don’t follow the current events about what is going on this world outside of their own personal sphere. They go on mainstream media, social media or popular networks to receive all of their twisted facts. They listen to what they are told and obey them because they are incapable or unwilling to put in the effort to educate themselves. I am not condemning or criticizing our working class, but I have seen this pattern of behavior many, many time. I think this is a general conclusion. I may be wrong, but it is only my observation across many years working in this society.

And yes, I agree with you 100%

Hi Ttuesley - I was referring to Chris’s comment about academic in-fighting more specifically.
I agree with you that most people simply follow whatever tune the media pied-piper plays. I myself was like that at one time, I trusted the media, thought they were independent and had journalistic integrity. And I am a well-educated person. About 15 years ago or so, I began to learn differently and sought out other sources, like this site.
I also trusted the public health authorities and dealt with them directly in some aspects of my job. COVID really opened my eyes. I followed the merging COVID studies and the policy closely and it became clear to me that something was very much awry. It was dismaying at first, but I’ve come to terms with where we are in this story (as Chris would say).

1 Like

Yes. Humanity is meaning-free compared to times past. No coming of age rituals, no celebration of adulthood and family formation, no celebration of the spiritual in the public sphere. Take away those things what is left to give meaning? The Marxist struggle? Injustice? Hate? Not much

3 Likes

Synergy!

Today, Chris and Evie together are greater than the sum of each alone. So good!
Evie, this week on vacation, our hotel clerk, an immigrant from Jamaica, happened to be a poet. We bought his book. Several poems I found to be inspirational, focusing on the struggle for survival, excellence and continuance. I’ll mail it to you once I find a PO Box for you.

2 Likes

Durham Report Consequences

Thank you for the detailed coverage of this. It’s so important to understand what is actually in this report but so difficult to really come to terms with it. What does it all mean that the MSM and the CIA and FBI are all criminally involved in this and covering it up? Why isn’t Hillary Clinton on trial for treason? I think the answer may be in this book by John O’Connor https://www.amazon.com/Postgate-Washington-Betrayed-Watergate-Journalism/dp/1642932590. I just started reading it.

2 Likes

Burn Thru

I used to have the vision of society with most people trying their best with random pockets of corruption. What we have now is the pockets have become overlapping and totally obliterate the few areas still trying for good. Society is decoupling into the leaders being totally out of touch and disconnected while the people trying to keep things running are spending too much time dodging the feces dropped on them from above; and thus they are failing too.
Reminds me of the Max Headroom episode where they went around with umbrellas to ward off the falling satellites.

2 Likes

Kanna - A Non-pharmaceutical Alternative To Ssris

Hi Chris and Evie, I have been a paying Peak Prosperity member since Jan 2020 and have watched and listened to every piece of your content. Thank you for doing what you do and for being the amazing and courageous people that you are! ? I am a huge fan. As I was listening today to your discussion about Benzos, I wondered if you knew about kanna (sceletium tortuosum). It is a succulent plant from South Africa that the indigenous Khoi Khoi and San have been using for millennia for medicinal, social and spiritual purposes, for its ability to lower stress and anxiety, enhance focus, and sustain energy, as well as open the heart. It is considered a sacred plant and is both empathogenic and adaptogenic. It is a legal psychoactive that is not psychedelic (sober and non-hallucinogenic). It’s neuroprotective, non-habit forming and is used to treat addiction in South Africa. The main contraindication is that you should not take kanna if you are on SSRIs, MAOIs or SNRIs already. So if you are taking any of that, make sure you are weaned off of them safely first if you want to try kanna. This plant is slowly making its way to the USA and you can find kanna products in the marketplace. There are many animal and human studies that have been done. Here is some research on kanna: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8124331/
I first encountered kanna 10 years ago and it has changed my life, so much so that I launched my company KA! Empathogenics (ohmyka.com) to bring high quality, patent-pending kanna supplements to more people. I know we’re not supposed to do any commercial solicitation in this community so I will leave it at that. I just wanted share more about this amazing plant medicine that has helped me heal emotionally and physically, without doing any spiritual bypassing. I will message you privately as I would be happy to send you and Evie some of our products to try. Thank you again for the mission you are on.

5 Likes

PO Box 364
Chester MA 01011
Thank yoU!

1 Like

Robert Barnes was on Viva and Barnes last night. He agreed with everything Chris said about the Durham Report. He was bitterly disappointed but not surprised by the lack of any indictments of the primary players in this obvious hoax. Think Hillary, Comey to name but a few.
Starts around the 30 minute mark.
https://www.youtube.com/live/HrRa6EQLLeY?feature=share

2 Likes

Chris Hedge’s Article On The Durham Report

There is no report, investigation or new revelation, including the recent release of Special Counsel John Durham’s “Report on Matters Related to Intelligence Activities and Investigations Arising Out of the 2016 Presidential Campaigns” that will implode the myth that Russia was responsible for the election of Donald Trump. 
Myths are impervious to facts. They fulfill an emotional yearning. They are a short circuit from reality into a world of childish simplicity. Hard and painful questions are avoided. Thought-terminating cliches are spat out to blissfully embrace a willed ignorance. 
The cynical con the Democratic Party and the F.B.I. carried out to falsely portray Donald Trump as a puppet of the Kremlin worked, and continues to work, because it is what those who detest Trump want to believe.
If Russia is blamed for Trump’s election, we avoid the unpleasant reality of our failed democratic institutions and decaying empire. We avoid facing the inevitable rise of a Christianized fascism borne out of widespread impoverishment, rage, despair and abandonment. 
We avoid acknowledging the complicity of the Democratic Party in the orchestration of the largest social inequality in our nation’s history, the evisceration of our basic civil liberties, endless wars and an electoral system bankrolled by the billionaire class, which is legalized bribery. 
The myth allows us to believe that Democratic politicians, like the establishment Republicans who have joined them, are the guarantors of a democracy they destroyed.

Chris Hedges

2 Likes