Man, Covid-19 Just Keeps Getting Worse...

Sick and tired of this pandemic yet? We sure are.

But sadly, covid-19 increasingly looks like it’s going to be with us for a LONG time to come.

Globally, cases are mounting fast, with the time it takes to hit the next million infected shorter than ever.

And not only are we learning people can contract the virus a second time, it’s looking like a meaningful number of patients can get it even more times than that. And successive infections appear to have symptoms that are every bit as intense as the first.

Even among those who ‘recover’ – even those cases that were asymptomatic – numerous patients display long term organ damage (heart, lungs, kidneys, etc).

Chris walks through the latest findings on each of these worrisome topics, yet also shares the more optimistic data indicating the cheap and widely-available drug Ivermectin makes any important positive difference in reducing the damage covid-19 inflicts.

GET YOUR RESILIENCE SHIRT! If you want your own RESILIENCE shirt to proudly wear like Chris & Adam, click here.

LINKS FROM THIS VIDEO:

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://peakprosperity.com/man-covid-19-just-keeps-getting-worse/

Chris, when you were presenting the data on that heart study, there was something wrong with the age row. The overall age range lower bound was 52 but the lower bound for the “normal scan” column was 51. They can’t both be correct. I hope this was just a typo in the study doc.

In the heart study results, 98 (15%) of the patients with mild symptoms had abnormal heart scans, but that is of the total population. Of the total patients who were mild, 98/215 (46%) had abnormal scans.

WOW I missed that and read it to be 15% ( of the mild patients had heart abnormalities ) but they accounted for 15% of the study group. not 15% of mild patients. basically you are saying half the patients with covid had heart abnormalities . Period.

With respect to heart disease herewith, the stats for the USA: Heart disease is the leading cause of death for men, women, and people of most racial and ethnic groups in the United States. One person dies every 37 seconds in the United States from cardiovascular disease. About 647,000 Americans die from heart disease each year—that’s 1 in every 4 deaths. Jun 22, 2020. Nearly half (48 percent, 121.5 million in 2016) of all adults in the United States have some type of cardiovascular disease, according to the American Heart Association’s Heart and Stroke Statistics – 2019 Update, published in the Association’s journal Circulation. So how many had heart disease before supposedly developing it from having CV-19?

A letter to the editor published today in the New England Journal of Medicine discusses the effect of early treatment with Hydroxychloroquine, but entirely omits any mention of zinc.
Are they living under a rock?
https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2023617?query=TOC

Been saying this for months
https://www.fastcompany.com/90527258/people-who-social-distance-may-be-more-intelligent-study-says

I mean , I want to say its shocking. But it is sort of obvious , those that refuse to social distance are dumbers.

There’s efforts being made here (Oz) to replace “social distance” with “physical distance.”
People are hard-wired to be social. Social distancing will harm us; physical distancing should help us. We can connect socially while distancing physically.

One thing that resonated with me with this “heart abnormalities” study was the use of “mild”. They are talking about patients with “mild symptoms which still ended up in the hospital because they couldn’t cope with it at home”, most likely because they needed oxygen. This is not what a normal person would say is “mild”. But to the hospital it’s mild because they didn’t need ICU treatment. So there really needs to be a better scale for this, like “0 = barely any symptoms”, “1 = some symptoms”, “2 = most symptoms but still manages to cope at home”, “3 = need hospital visit for supplemental oxygen and/or meds”, “4 = needs ICU”, “5 = induced coma on ventilator”.
Because as I understand this most people never go beyond 2 on that scale and wouldn’t count in this heart study. So saying “15% will have heart damage” is a bit alarmist. No?

To answer my own question: I do not think so. IQ tests are culturaly biased. The greatest story I ever read was about a tribe in Africa that was unable to grasp the concept of Euclidian geometry, angles within a triangle add up to 180degrees, shortest path between two ponts is a straight line etc.
Until a researcher noticed that their houses did not contain straight lines but circles. So they tested if the would understand Riemann geometry, a generalization of Euclidian geometry involving curved surfaces. Amazingly they did! So, members of an African tribe, with a low IQ according to Western tests, thought Riemann geometry a breeze. Typically this is considered a pretty nasty subject by University students.
I do agree however with MM that it is indicative, imo, indicative for a pretty lousy segregated educational system in a society that is mainly ruled by pecuniary interests,
Grts, Dave.

Remember the old saying that all IQ tests measure is the ability to pass IQ tests.
A few decades ago when Europeans were a novelty in Papua New Guinea, various tribes had well-developed arts and crafts but were completely unable to make sense of photographs. They were just fine with 3D but had had no experience of 2D forms and couldn’t interpret what they were seeing.
Stupid? Undeveloped? That’s how 19th and early 20th century Europeans tended to categorise “primitive” peoples. The real difference was one of cultural background, not of IQ.

With respect to heart disease herewith, the stats for the USA: Heart disease is the leading cause of death for men, women, and people of most racial and ethnic groups in the United States. One person dies every 37 seconds in the United States from cardiovascular disease.
Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn calls cardiovascular disease a ”toothless paper tiger” that should never exist and if it does, should never progress. Another way to look at it is that the “Western Diet,” or “Standard American Diet (SAD)” causes 75% of todays population to die prematurely. Just as bad, most have diet related health issues for extended periods of time before they die. Dr. Greger, on nutritionfacts.org has a video where he correlates 14 of the 15 leading causes of death with the SAD diet. The only cause of death he doesn’t correlate is accidents. Among the health issues that correlate to diet are cardiovascular disease, obesity, diabetes, cancer and auto immune diseases. Cancer, which is 4 times as prevalent in wealthier societies, was the eye opener for me. I had no clue of this a couple of years ago, yet our “war on cancer,” signed into existence by tricky Dick in the 70s, never looks at cancer and nutrition. “10% of what you eat keeps you alive. 90% of what you eat keeps your doctor alive.” - Old Chinese Proverb    

My recollection is that the US education and health care systems also rank somewhere in the 20s.

I’ve been thinking that what we are seeing here is a mass “Darwin Awards” event playing out before our eyes.

Any input / experience on best product or source for this?
quick searches find many veterinary products available including the “apple flavor” 1.87% paste for Horses. FWIW Many reviews indicate people have used safely for other conditions…

If HCQ is in the control then shouldn’t the survival benefit of Ivermectin be additive? The combination could be a cure.
Unless I am missing something the echocardiograms were done during during acute treatment of covid. Given the disease process I would expect high PAP. The important question is whether the scan improves with recovery.

Hey Chris, Just came across this newly developed test by Oxford Labs in the UK which is designed to measure T-Cell response to Covid-19 even if there is no discernible antibody response. This test could indicate more instances of folks who 1. have been exposed to the virus, and 2. may have partial or full immunity based on their T-Cell response, even if the antibody response in many people seems limited. Anyone have thoughts on this? https://www.technologynetworks.com/diagnostics/blog/measuring-the-t-cell-immune-response-to-covid-19-337174

I buy for my dogs from KV vet supply. Important to note the dose is in micrograms (millionths) not miligrams (thousandths). I give 5x the heart worm dosage to treat both heartworm and roundworms off-label per my vet. My point is that it has a wide margin of safety - at least in dogs (except collies). A standard package is 6.08g of 1.87% in a metered syringe for horses branded Ivomec.
1.87% = 1.87g/100g = .0187g/1g paste = 18.7 mg/g = 18,700 mcg/g paste
in a 90kg man the dose is 200mcg x 90kg = 18000 mcg or about one gram of the paste
I only offer this in the interest of helping someone communicate their interest in it with their physician. Pharmacies probably don’t stock ivermectin here in the US. They would have to order it from their wholesaler.
https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2009/050742s026lbl.pdf

I think the pessimism on herd immunity may be misplaced. People recover without mounting an adaptive response. Also there are a lot of antibodies besides the igM and igG typically considered as adaptive. I’m reading papers suggesting that igA may be the mechanism that allows people to fight it off without getting real sick. The counterargument is that people are reporting that when they get it a second time it is worse than the first.

FL new cases Sat. 7-12 were indicated at 15300 close to 5000 above the Fri. number, which seemed anomalous (whatever the reason) weekend numbers are always down from the week. Early this week it was reported that some FL labs were reporting 100% positive which clearly seems wrong. Of course there was a chant of see, see they’re inflating the results. (which could be or maybe some fat fingering) I never saw any followup to what the issue might have been; Nor any attempt at correction. Color me puzzled? anyone?