Physical gold market "on fire"

take a look at platinum, a prime example. price down 40 bucks tonite, yet there is no supply. none. no quality bullion coins, specifically american eagles, can be had. yet the prices are under 1,000 per ounce, almost par with gold…

NEVER never never buy from northwest territotial. they always delay, and leave you hangin’. use apmex or monex for physicals.

same with the .9999 buffallos; those are a great looking coin, and have many distinctive markings making it difficult if not impossible to duplicate or counterfeit. Those need US gold too, and were suspended. methinks we be runnin outta gold. numanistic value?

i had the same problem, but they are swamped. in august, they shipped right away. but the munster i ordered in sept 11 was delayed and was only shipped just yesterday. otherwise, ive gotten everything ive ordered, and their prices are better than apmex, but apmex is very good.

1/10 for 120 is a great price…grab 'em

Joseph Wealth Systems is the place to get a hold of physical gold, privately issued,swiss minted 9999.9 1/4 & full shekels,registered posted to your local post office for you to pick up by signing for it. check out www.josephwealthsystems.com

just a note: today 10/8/ it happened again…gold was up 30+, silver up .61 off the international markets, then the US markets opened and it pulled back hard. i dont trust the federal reserve or our government anymore, and im not alone. this whole thing is cracking.,and they are becoming increasingly transparent…a harbinger of the end.

I walked into the bank today and got some more information on purchasing phsyical gold bars so I thought I’d post my progress. It doesn’t seem to be a problem at all. The account manager phoned a direct line down to the traders and asked for an offer but when I heard it was $20 above market, I was surprised. I didn’t want to get sucked into the conspiracy theories quite yet so I called them back and asked for a 2 sided quote and bam… they gave me a tight $10 spread. (moral of the story? dont tell them if you’re a buyer or a seller of gold… just ask them for a two sided quote) I know, sounds wide right? Well given the fact that they don’t hedge up for every yahoo that wants to do buy/sell a gold bar and the given volatility in gold these days, it’s actually a fair spread. There’s no shortage of gold, even stories of the US Mint not delivering to people is supposedly because of a backlog, not that they have run out of gold… anyways, I won’t come to any conclusions until I receive the gold bars in my hand but I am going to the bnak tomorrow wiht a bank draft and buying 10 x 1 oz bars. I am open minded to the facts as they come… I hope all of you are as well. Reading these recent posts of the world going to collapse and images of Mad Max are amazing… is this really how the avg american citizen thinks? Do you think they have an open mind? Anyways, I’ll keep everyone up on how my gold purchase goes.

Are you buying certificates?

Nice experiment xflies, cant wait to see how you get on. let us all know as soon as you do

its an interesting notion, physical gold, whether you have it your safe/ buried in your back garden or whatever. if you have an ETF of shares in any investment scheme, you dont own it physically as you should know and you wont have it should the sh*t hit the fan.

But… not many people talk about the added danger/ threat to you and your family if you have it in the house or buried in the woods… so what to do?

we all are agreeed on ‘you should own gold’ im sure, or you wouldnt be here now would you.

Ive been looking at this for years, wondering how to do this and avoid all the pitfalls as a traveler (no house/ garden to bury it in)

and i think i have found it, with this company, you can buy gold, stored in your name, and store it in either of 3 different Via Matt run gold vaults in either London, New York or Zurich, your choice. needless to say most people choose Zurich for political reasons that if you want to buy gold, you should know about. But its stored in your name, you own it, and in switzerland thats pretty heavy! but if you stoe it in London, and things begin to get dangerous, sell it and buy it again in the US (only kidding!) in Zurich - you get the picture

there is so much going for this outfit, they seem to have all the angles covered that i am trusting almost all of my savings t them while this thing rides out, if you want to buy gold, i think its probaly too late to actaully get the truck round to your house, so think about storing it in switzerland in your name, might just work out that you have to cycle there one day to pick it up in your rucksack but that will be another chapter…

While there are gold etf’s out there I don’t believe they can be converted into physical gold. There is another option I was thinking about and that is to create our own private ETF but the problem here is that there needs to be enough people that want to do it. I don’t think it is a problem getting gold at the moment but definitely it could be a problem going forward. I could set up a single purpose investment trust that will hold the physical gold at any bank (take your pick) and allow investors to take delivery whenever they want. No gold leasing, no fractional lending… just plain and simple… hold all the gold bars in a safe at the bank and give investors the ability to take physical possession by sending their certificates in for conversion. The problem is the cost… prospectus fees will be $50k but anyways, I just wanted to put it out there as an option.

i am amazed to read the posts on gold here.

as the banks worldwide are collapsing. some of us are going back to the very first banks that ever existed

goldsmiths. next i suggest we reinvent fractional reserve banking and change our names to rothschild.

there must be a war we can fund somewhere

Today, Gold rose ~$20 when the US markets were closed (from 10/7 into 10/8). And then when the US markets open, it jumped around and settled within a few dollars of where it opened.

So, 3 days in a row of gains when the US market is open, and flatlines when the US market is closed.

‘Once is happenstance.

Twice is coincidence.

Three times is enemy action’

I decided to purchase some 1 oz Canadian Maple Leafs today after researching my option I went to the Bank of Nova Scotia with cash and inquired about pricing and the procedure.

• You can go to any branch.
  • The teller had know idea how process my request and had to get her boss who had to read the manual ( guess there has been much of a run on gold there)
  • I am not a customer so I had to show 2 pieces of ID which they photocopied and retained on file
  • She called to the " gold people" and got a quote which is quoted minute by minute
  • My options were to buy gold bars - min 2 oz increment, Maple-leafs in differing weights from 1 oz on down, or certificates - 10 oz minimum.
  • I chose 3 - 1 oz coins.
  • I was quoted a price in USD and they added $15 or 1 % surcharge, $ 20 for the brinks truck, and 7% provincial sales tax, then the whole thing was converted to CDN which were only worth 87 cents today and finally I got a grand total to pay.
  • I checed with local coin dealer and his end price was the same. He advised me that his gold bars were except from sales tax. The advised theirs were not. Not sure why.
  • Payment is only cash, draft, money order or visa.
  • The gold will be delivered next week and they will call me to pick it up.
    Summary,
    It was alot of messing around but in the end I feel secure that a major bank will deliver.

Cashing in the gold

• You bring the gold to the branch in and they charge you the $15 or 1 % again and send the gold off to be weighed/examined whatever, ( probably a charge fr that too) once they decide you didn’t shave a little off you get your money. Up to 2 weeks I’m told. Or of course you can trade it for a tractor or guns and a generator or some solar panels.

just thought I would share some actual experience.

Question: Is the $1000 barrier a bit of a physiological thing and once it break that will a real panic set in.
I want let my teller girl know if she will be swamped.

Miko

barrt, what company are you referring to? The link in your post simply directs back to your comment. It sounds like you’re referring to BullionVault or possibly GoldMoney.

This is for the therichone -

Did Monex come through?

I have place an order online w/Monex. It was Monday 10/06/08. It is a large order (35k plus). Coincidentally, it is for the philharmonics mentioned. It has been one week, and after 3 requests, I still have not received an email confirmation order from them. Also concerning is all of the "monex-fraud" floating around. I have not made payment arrangements as of this writing. I would appreciate any other information from anyone regarding dealing with Monex.

No, it has not come through yet. Today is a holiday and all banks/USPS offices are closed but I do have a tracking number that looks to be coming from BRIDGEWATER, MA 02324 and when I questioned my representative if they actually had a location in MA, they told me that they have a holding area there too.

I later called my attorney and he told me to give it till the end of the week then send a demand letter and then he will follow up with it too.

Doing some research on my own and putting all of this together - I wish I had done my research before I sent them a money but all in all, there Monex.com domain name was registered in 1995, they’ve been a business for the last 40 years and my representative has returned every phone call and has answered my questions as best he could (regardless if answers were available or not) so I do give him credit on that.

I won’t worry about this anymore but if it doesn’t come by the end of this week, I will have my lawyer send follow-up demand letters and we’ll go about it from there.

I will report back when I have more news.

No, it has not come through yet. Today is a holiday and all banks/USPS
offices are closed but I do have a tracking number that looks to be
coming from BRIDGEWATER, MA 02324 and when I questioned my
representative if they actually had a location in MA, they told me that
they have a holding area there too.

I later called my attorney and he told me to give it till the end of
the week then send a demand letter and then he will follow up with it
too.

Doing some research on my own and putting all of this together - I
wish I had done my research before I sent them a money but all in all,
there Monex.com domain name was registered in 1995, they’ve been a
business for the last 40 years and my representative has returned every
phone call and has answered my questions as best he could (regardless
if answers were available or not) so I do give him credit on that.

I won’t worry about this anymore but if it doesn’t come by the end
of this week, I will have my lawyer send follow-up demand letters and
we’ll go about it from there.

I will report back when I have more news.

Update: the tracking number was updated this morning and it now shows that it has surfaced at my local post office. Perhaps I will receive it today but I will call my post office and speak to the supervisor there, I know them well.

This is good news!!