PODCAST: Everything We Know So Far About The Coronavirus

Another paper that may add to insight regarding models that suggest that current quarantine measures will not contain the virus nor halt it’s spread.
https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.01.23.20018549v2.full.pdf

New England Journal of Medicine article Stating that a potentially positive treatment for the virus is being tested. I posted it from a Chinese publication that is tracking available information, so that it may be a resource that others can use.http://www.sixthtone.com/news/1005155/china-to-begin-testing-ebola-drug-on-coronavirus-patients

The more I watch of Dr John Campbell’s youtube videos the more I like him. He is a teaching doc in the UK and does a great job of explaining anatomy and lots of other things. He has most recently taken on digging up all the latest journals on the nCov virus and going through them. I highly recommend checking him out. He was mentioned in another post under another video, but I thought this would be a good one to also post his site. Here is a sample
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WLk-Mxydrk
Check out all his videos on the subject.

Just got back from India and Thailand. Did not hear any reports of the virus in India.
There was one case in Thailand about 100 miles south of us (we were on a pretty isolated island). That was in mid January. In India we have a friend from China who was extending her stay. She was in contact with family and friends in China they told her
that the government was executing people with the virus. They also told her if
you coughed you were suspect and they would lock you up. This is hearsay so take it for what it is worth. But she isn’t going back anytime soon. BTW I would estimate over 80% of the people in the Bangkok airport were wearing masks. Bombay airport we were the only ones.

Grover,
Did you happen to find any sources for decent UV protective eye wear?

I have used aromatherapy for various reasons for decades.
I use a product called Well Being Mist made by Essential Arts. We use it when travelling. We use it especially on planes. We use it in hotel rooms as well . It is very convenient as it comes in a spray bottle. It is anti viral, anti bacterial and anti fungal. You can find out more about it at weareessentialarts.com. btw I have no financial interest in this product or company.

ao,
I received my portable UV-C light via the big brown truck of happiness a week and a half ago. It uses 4 AA batteries. I installed the batteries, turned it on, and looked at the purplish light for a couple of seconds to see if it was working. (Had I read the included instructions before doing that, I wouldn’t have done so.) Within a half hour, I got a mild headache and felt a bit nauseous. That lasted for about a day. Exuberance has its costs.
Because the crisis isn’t unfolding as quickly in the States, I have focused on end-of-winter tasks (pruning fruit trees) before bud break. I still have a couple of days of work left to do. Then, I’ll do a bit of research on the web and get some eye wear to keep with the light. Based on my experience, it will be well worth it. I’ll report back on what I find.

Grover wrote: Here is the website: https://verilux.com/products/portable-sanitizing-wand. I just ordered one for $59.99. With shipping, it was $70.94. If I wanted to make Jeff Bezos richer, I could have ordered it from Amazon for the same price. Frankly, I don’t want to make Bezos any richer.
Grover

ao,
You lit a fire under me. I decided I better do the research and get some glasses while I still can. I certainly don’t want a headache each time I use my UVC light.
I went to the Verilux site to see if they had any information on the wavelengths that the light produces. Nope - just that it is UVC. (Also, some bad news. The light I bought for $59.99 is now listed at $99.99. It must be getting popular. My unit says “Made in China.”)
So using www.DuckDuckGo.com, I searched for information on UVC. Several sites came up, including a welding blog. That made me think that my welding helmet would work (it is too dark for this use.) I went to the site and found that there is a standard for safety glasses ANSI Z87.1.
I still didn’t know exactly what the wavelengths were, but there was a link to Wikipedia. (For something noncontroversial, I think Wikipedia contains good information.) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultraviolet#Subtypes contained quite a bit of useful information

Name Abbreviation Wavelength (nm) Photon energy (eV, aJ) Notes/alternative names
Ultraviolet C UVC 100–280 4.43–12.4 (0.710–1.987) Short-wave, germicidal, completely absorbed by the ozone layer and atmosphere: hard UV
In 1878 the sterilizing effect of short-wavelength light by killing bacteria was discovered. By 1903 it was known the most effective wavelengths were around 250 nm. Shortwave UV lamps are made using a fluorescent lamp tube with no phosphor coating, composed of fused quartz or vycor, since ordinary glass absorbs UVC. These lamps emit ultraviolet light with two peaks in the UVC band at 253.7 nm and 185 nm due to the mercury within the lamp, as well as some visible light. From 85% to 90% of the UV produced by these lamps is at 253.7 nm, whereas only 5–10% is at 185 nm.
Searching "ANSI Z87.1 UVC", I received numerous results. Unfortunately, most of the sites only list safety glasses for UVA and UVB. Apparently, since UVC is completely absorbed by the ozone layer, it isn't a concern. After checking several sites, I found this one that lists UVA, UVB, and UVC protection: https://www.riskreactor.com/black-lights/uv-safety-glasses/uvsport-obox3-box-of-three-uva-uvb-and-uvc-orange-protective-glasses/. (These are the ones I just bought. One pair probably would have been enough, but the shipping was the same so I got a couple more - $32.97 for 3 versus $12.89 for 1.)
Introducing the New generation with ventilated lens and V0 Ballistic Rating! Full wrap protection and durable design is ideal for harsh industrial environments. Polycarbonate lenses absorbs 99.99% of harmful UV A, B and C, 180-380nm.
There are likely other manufacturers who make goggles or prescription eye wear if you need them. Hopefully, this post will give you a better idea of what to seek. Grover

How Can I Download This Podcast, Does Anyone Know?

How can I download this podcast, does anyone know?

Use Ytmp3

The easiest way for me to listen to podcasts in a convenient format is to use Ytmp3. Everything is simple, you just need to insert a link to the desired podcast on YouTube and click the convert button. Then everything happens within a few seconds and you get high quality audio in mp3 format. You’re welcome.

Podcasts Are A Gateway To Immersive Storytelling

Podcasts are a gateway to immersive storytelling, much like a journey through spoken narratives. Just as authors captivate through words, podcasters engage through discussions and tales. Platforms like Spotify offer a diverse range of podcasts to explore. Elevate your podcast experience with a promosoundgroup Spotify promotion service, ensuring your episodes reach a wider audience. It’s a harmonious blend of audio storytelling that fuels curiosity and connection.

Spotify Plays Free

Great breakdown of the current Wuhan coronavirus situation in this TFMR Podcast interview with Chris. Informative and essential for staying up-to-date. Kudos to Peak Prosperity for their continuous efforts in keeping us informed!
“Exploring new tunes hassle-free with Spotify Plays Free – the perfect soundtrack to my day!”