Recap: Honey Badger Farms Live Event 2021

Alright, I’m inspired as I sit here in front of the flux-shifted laptop screen (kind of like an amber sodium vapor streetlight).
How about a camp fire at my place in Voorheesville (just west of Albany, NY) once or twice a month or even weekly? Rain, snow or clear, frigid, mild or steamy. If others can host, we can rotate. If someone is more centrally located and could host, we could do it at their place. We could keep it simple - a light potluck (anywhere from snacks/dessert to a meal) and just a chance to sit and talk as we stare into those mesmerizing flames.
We could throw in some fun campfire games every now and again.
Any takers? PM me.
Steve

9 Likes

Thanks to Chris, Evie, Livio, VT Gothic, and anyone else who played a role in it happening. I’ve been to Honey Badger several times before, but always solo or with a very small group. This weekend was so powerful because of the community that gathered, the shared work, exchange of ideas, blossoming of friendships and plans. I appreciate each and every one of who with whom I was able to share something meaningful.
And for those of you who were in the lodge at Brookside across the street on Saturday Night, dancing alone or with Dagny or Jason’s dog was fun, but next time I wanna experience a real dance party with you all.
Finally, I’ve been thinking about it for years, but the weekend really got me over the mental hurdle. I just registered for Front Sight today. Hopefully there is space.
Love all of you beautiful, grounded people.
Steve

8 Likes

Thank you for this description of all the activities and information sharing. I will begin making plans to attend next year’s gathering for sure even though it will mean driving from coastal Louisiana, possibly alone. At first the gathering sounded a lot like a community event here called a “boucherie”, which is a French word referencing the butchering of a pig. Here is a link to one article about such an event:
https://sustainabledish.com/boucherie-cajun-tradition-still-going-strong/
After reading your comment, this gathering was so much more and would be well worth the drive if it is still possible a year from now. thank you so much for your post.

2 Likes

My husband and I wish we had been able to attend the event at Honey Badger Farms, but maybe we’ll be able to get to the next one! Chris, we stumbled upon your videos back in February of last year and have been watching ever since. Frankly, I don’t know where we’d be without you! We so appreciate your hard work and count ourselves blessed to be “part of the tribe.” It is so refreshing to listen to someone with your honesty and integrity. Keep up the good work! I’d also love to know if there are any other tribe members near us. Anyone on here from Georgia?

3 Likes

I would have loved to be there and hope to attend next year if they let me out of Canada. At the moment, short of chartering a plane myself I am a prisoner of this country.

1 Like

I’m thinking the same, for those willing to accept the challenge, let’s use this as an example, a template in our own localities. Am guessing this was part of the intention. And we don’t have to organise everything alone. Could invite a local bushcrafter for a fire demo, a local woman’s institute member for preserving demonstration, borrow a big garden for the day, etc, etc. I for one am inspired, if someone else is willing to have a go, I have no excuse. And trying to imagine how quickly this could spread, blows my mind! Thanks for the template Chris and team.

3 Likes

Looks like it was an amazing time! I had been following Chris’s YouTube channel since 3/20 and had vascillated on and off about becoming an insider. I finally joined this month and realized to late you were having a gathering. I also realized I am in the next town over from Chris and Evie!- would love to have come shared our local connections and skills with other families focusing on resiliency in these wild times. Glad it went well. Hope to make future events!

3 Likes

@TrumanV,
You are a poet at heart, with a poet’s evocative command of word and image. If you haven’t yet, please take up the craft.

3 Likes

Thank you Bob for doing the homestead defense presentation. I appreciated the detailed handout. On it you mentioned https://happyfamilymedstore.com
My understanding was that this was a pharmacy located in India. When I look at online it says Canadian Pharmacy. Did I misunderstand?
A few people at the gathering also recommended this. Or is there another Indian Pharmacy that people have recently used with success to get ivermectin.
Appreciate any help on this
thank you
Frank

1 Like

Wow now I really have missaphobia looking at all the great pics.
I am looking forward to meeting Evie and reconnect with our tribe as the world gets crazier! Learning from Florida with much admiration , hope & love.
There next time!

Thank you kindly @VTGothic, and we hope you had a fine ceremony in Vermont. Yes, have been scratching away with pencils for some time, and a rummage through the hard drive turned up this short poem from 2015 when reading Osip Mandelstam, who was banished to the gulag by Stalin for writing a satiric ditty about Uncle Joe.
Tyrants have no sense of humor, as Nabokov and others have noted, and as proven yet again by our own Josefs and Zucks and other bodysnatcher species of zombidens.
By some coincidence this evokes the hill country around western MA, and VT–a recognition perhaps that in times of tyranny, the freest people are found not only in their minds, but in the actual hill country.
Here’s to the free thinkers at PP and elsewhere–there are many of us.

Northern Lights, Siberia
  Although they may burn you as a heretic, or throw you in jail till the charges stick, or ostracize you like an idiot, you can never be exiled from your mind’s own country.   There you forever roam free.   Among those hills, you range absolute, over fields, valleys, and woods; hidden springs, wild fruit, birds, badgers, and deer.   No one can hound you here.   Your rivers run white, deep, and cold, and above the moon on winter’s nights, long, insouciant emerald scarves stream from the backs of your horse-sleds a-charging.
3 Likes

Last Saturday I was enjoying the company of so many like-minded people and feeling more relaxed than I have in quite some time. This week, I was attending a college football game feeling a little like a fish out of water taking the whole scene in, from tailgating to corporate sponsored scoreboards, to digital ticketing, from a much different perspective than I would have two years ago. I noticed how I felt inside today compared with how I felt last weekend. I know which weekend gave me the comfort of community!
Chris and Evie, last weekend was something I’d been hoping for and waiting for since you first bought your property. It surpassed expectations and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for opening your hearts and home to all of us. Livio and Aaron, thanks for all of your superhuman efforts to capture it all and provide such great support to Peak Prosperity. To those of you who offered workshops, I am deeply grateful for the experiences.
I met and talked with so many people - Paul Diehl introduced himself as soon as I got out of my car and volunteered to carry my cooler. I knew at that moment it was going to be a good weekend. The connections and conversations flowed easily from the start.
I truly appreciated the reverence of the pig slaughtering experience. Evie, Chris and Simon shepherded us through with tenderness toward their pigs and toward us as we shifted from foot to foot, anxious, not sure what to expect. We all had our moments with that experience. Bari, I will remember the impact it had on you as a young person - you will never look at the meat you eat the same way again and that’s a wonderful thing.
I hope to stay connected with those of you I met. I’ll be PMing you and hope you will also feel free to reach out to me.
In gratitude,
Deb Livingston

3 Likes