Relax. Take a Deep Breath. Prepare.

Also, when I lived overseas, people didn’t have fridges. To keep food “cool” use a galvanized tin box in a shaded location. It will stay much cooler than the ambient air for things like milk, veggies, etc.

1 Like

@Jim H:
I see the article you quoted says you have to water the batteries every 3 months with distilled water.
I can easily imagine distilled water becoming difficult to locate in a dystopian future.

‘I do not use 12V. I use 120V DC and connect solar panels to normal/regular/cheap/existing equipment.’
https://dutch.alibaba.com/p-detail/Reention-62013079860.html?spm=a2700.7724857.normal_offer.d_image.3e5151cdVtLlcL&s=p
thanks Mots.
ev battaries are for ebikes isn’t it?

This is only a guess, as my husband is the brewer and distiller, not me. But, couldn’t you make your own distilled water by boiling regular water and collecting the condensate…? I’m sure I’ve read about making water safe to drink by distilling it quite simply.

4 Likes

Interesting. I have an old WWII metal box that’s a bit distorted but still in good shape. It must be galvanized, because it hasn’t rusted much despite being out in the weather.

1 Like

Collect rainwater.

2 Likes

permiegirl, CM

showed the book a year ago, but he never invited the author?

Found this presentation from 2019 researching something else but was startled when this physician pointed out statistics that THC over dosing caused an increase in heart attacks in men in their third and forties. So what some have pointed out during the pandemic may actually be a result of increasing marijuana consumption. Also, if your medications prevent you from eating grapefruit, layoff the pot!
[embed]https://youtu.be/QYCkVjdgDqQ[/embed]

I have been off grid for 15 years.
My batteries were getting old and tired.
it would trip the inverter out on undervoltage.
I was slow replacing the batteries even though I had recently acquired a spare set.
Well, my inverter died also. Must have been stressed restarting a few times …. I have a spare one of them also.
So my advice, always make sure you have 1 and a spare or two spares …

1 Like

On the basis that “two is one and one is none” we should always keep on hand spares for critical parts of our infrastructure. Especially important are spares for those parts which have a limited service life and can be expected to fail sooner or later. I speak of such things as brake components for the car, flush valves for the toilet, lubricants and oil filters for vehicles and machinery, spare springs for the AR-15 and glock, drive belts, fuses etc… How about a spare charger and cables for your laptop computer and phone? Maybe even a spare computer.
Think about the things which would put you in a real bind if they fail - and buy a spare.

2 Likes

First! I am leaving my first comment here on the NEW WEBSITE!!

11 Likes

First like on first comment. Claiming it!

1 Like

Congratulations with the new website ?

Hooray - Its up and running. Look forward to exploring the new features ?

Yeah!

1 Like

Great to see the new website up and running! Trying to access the 2022 seminar as I’ve only been able to watch part of it … help! :slight_smile:

???
Well done Chris and team. So far so good, and looks great!

Love how quickly it loads and nested comments. So far, very good!

Congratulations Peak Prosperity crew. Love the new look.

Thank you for the wise words. I confess, being new to the Peak tribe, that it IS overwhelming when I consider all the To Dos and see my own inadequacies. I may be late to the dance, but at least I’m here. And the website looks great!