Sergey Young: Will Technology Save Us?

I would suggest a visit to Issac Arthurs youtube channel SFIA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqKQ94DtS54
https://youtu.be/XAJeYe-abUA
The problem is those with belief systems getting in the way for profit.

It’s interesting that those most wanting to grasp at the prospect of enhanced longevity are generally the least able to experience the fullness of the present moment. Acquiring a potential lifespan of 200 years is a bit like acquiring a financial fortune - it fills a feeling of lack created by the mind.
As one comes to realize life is only ever here and now the need to escape into mental distractions seems to slowly fade.
(Having said that, my appreciation of the present moment would certainly not be diminished by a financial windfall!)

Does anyone else find it weird/interesting that disclosure stories keep popping up in the middle of the pandemic? I know, it’s about time, already! but the stories are getting lost in the swirl. Maybe, the giant sucking sound is the secret space program vacuuming up all the money.

I’ve studied this phenomena for almost a decade.
For me, disclosure means something completely different.
For me, disclosure hammers home one of the primary messages of Peak Prosperity: Nobody’s in charge; nobody’s in control; all we have is each other.
There’s been decades of UFO conspiracy theorists who have claimed, to no end, that the government has technology, bodies, etc. The most credible witness they can produce is Bob Lazar. I’ve always remained skeptical of these claims. The B-2 Spirit looks like an alien craft, but that doesn’t mean it is one, or that it was reverse engineered from one.
No, at the end of the day, the government is just as clueless as everyone else on this planet. The best takeaway from this is the demise of the “nuts & bolts” “we come in peace” extraterrestrial hypothesis. They are called UAP now instead of UFO. Phenomena being the key word change, versus physical Object.
It’s alien in the truest sense of the word, but likely not extraterrestrial. The question becomes, who’s actually wielding those laser pointers?

I guess you are all real busy. I do not listen to podcasts. i read transcripts.
Unfortunately there is no transcript.
I hope that means the gardens are getting the attention they deserve

Amen, wish I could give you two thumbs up!
AKGrannyWGrit

Well I finally read the transcript and had an ontological moment.
I also had a Jurassic Park moment. “You can but should you?”
This site is geared towards a mechanistic view of the world. There is not a space for the deeper philosophical questions raised by Sergey, ie not a podcast with the Dalai Lama say. A glaring omission is the question of how we all live together. There are lots of social questions that went unanswered or asked.
So just exactly is the purpose of human life? Are we just parts of a machine? If the goal is to increase longevity aren’t we all going to die anyway? Then what? With one billion people already experiencing food insecurity isn’t this an elitist idea.
Basically “are we spiritual beings having a material experience or are we material beings who may or not be having a spiritual experience?”

I am sure that everyone who listened to the podcast could not fail to note the interviewee’s English to be less that perfect. I just finished doing the transcript, so got quite close and personal with it. I also happen to be an English as a Second Language teacher, and speak Russian. So, I know what is going on here.
The speaker in fact did not make too many mistakes. He was merely making the same type of mistake consistently. What we often do when speaking a foreign language is apply the rules of our first language to the second. This is especially the case when dealing with complex ideas and language, as was the case here. Unhappily for the Russians, they have to deal with these “bizarre and useless” articles (a/the/zero article) that English speakers have. In Russian, there is no need to worry about articles, since they don’t have them. Another problem the speaker sometimes had was with verbs. Well, in Russian the verb “to be” isn’t even used in the present tense.
A little more on his mistakes being committed consistently. When learning another language, we have to be careful to not learn to say things the wrong way. It is very difficult to unlearn things. They are in fact referred to as fossilized mistakes, they get so ingrained in our brains. Drilling, drilling - usage, usage - in context, in context. That is what it takes to relearn.
If I were the speaker’s “English doctor” I would have him drilling phrases he uses often that contain articles, do cloze activities with articles, and record himself using them. It would probably take him about a month of work (around 1-2 hours a day) to fix it.
Don’t get me wrong, he does a good job. I know for a fact that my Russian is not as good as his English. If I were living there, it might catch up to his English, though (I like to think).
Do svedania!