So It's Back To First Principles

That would quite easy to be done, but for an absolute time you need to know when the RSBN or any other livestream actually started.

That doesn’t matter in my opinion. They only showed hour and minute, but you can go frame by frame, check when the minute jumps to the next and you’ve got the seconds as well.

1 Like

Who showed hour and minute? RSBN? Can you provide a link?

Even better, you need to know the shot time in the RSBN video and back calculate from that.

1 Like

Sure, here we go.
6h33m51s into the video Trump is announced to the stage.
BREAKING: ASSASSINATION ATTEMPT ON PRESIDENT TRUMP AT BUTLER, P.A. RALLY- 7/13/24 (youtube.com)

Thank you @sorey and @vegaspatriot,

in the 30 fps RSBN livestream Sorey pointed me to, the first shot was fired at 06:11 pm ET according to the on-screen clock in the lower right corner.

Using kdenlive, this is at 06:42:55 + 2/30 frames (=67 ms) relative to the start of the stream. When going back to the moment when the digital clock transits back to 06:10 pm ET, the relative time is 06:42:21 +25/30 frames (=833 ms) The difference is 33.233 seconds and therfore the time of the first shot is 18:11:33.233 ±0.033 seconds ET. @RawDoku may just add a reference to RSBN.

The 30 fps police cruiser dashcam video 1382_202407131806_Unit5-0.mp4 shows 18:11:31 for the first shot at the status line on top. Using kdenlive again, the first shot rang at 18:11:31 +29/30 frames ( = 966 ms). Hence the cruiser clock was off by -1.267 ± 0.033 seconds

Mills’ Sony alpha-1 clock was actually off by -64 seconds. And this was certainly not due to a claimed network-breakdown or a even a wrongly calculated roundtrip-time, as a certain know-it-all immediatly knew for sure. In context of time synchronization the surname Mills (David L., look it up) should have rung a bell.

2 Likes

Properly and well derived :+1:

I recognised that as well at some point that the dashcam M500-010482 was about a second behind. I feel the timestamps of all these body-/dashcams have to be checked and syncronised. Actually they should have done that before they release and cause uncertainty. The least they could have done is to inform about it. But maybe they are really that incompetent and didn’t realise it?

Interesting man this David L. Mills, for sure would not have happened to him.

The thing with the Mills picture timestamp is truely curious, don’t think that just happens to a pro photographer like him.

1 Like

Do not complicate. You can address the video by seconds (from beginning).

12:41
//https://youtu.be/Rr63RgGN-Yo?t=4341

12:42
//https://youtu.be/Rr63RgGN-Yo?t=4401

4401-4341=60

The simplest explanation is that they simply don’t care about exact timing, even tough that compromises their dashcam and bodycam videos as every-day documentary evidence in court to some extend. Brian thinks that at least the bodycams probably do not have a GPS-chip built in, and thus would have no access to a reliable time source. One should never assume purpose if negligence is sufficient to explain the cause. But there is also wilful negligence …

1 Like

What makes you think Pearson and his team, or the FBI, didn’t adjust the times befor releasing the videos? Notice I said “adjust” and not “correct.” I’m just saying, and your post just made me think of that possibility. I wouldn’t put it past the FBI for sure.

1 Like

Thank you for doing this. I was using 18:11:32, which was closer to the end of 18:11:31 like RawRoku pointed out, but that was close enough for what I was working on. Soon I’ll be analyzing Crooks’ travels across the roof and documenting all the pertinent related activities that I can using the dash and body cams. That will require me to determine the time adjustments needed for each. Your info on the dash am will give me a starting point for comparison purposes. So thanks again.

Where is the technical equipment manager when you need him?

That I didn’t even think of. But true, that’s also a possibility Mindboggeling!

I assume the time stamps are directly burned into each frame of the video stream. If that is true then one would have needed to change every single frame. Certainly not impossible, but an elaborate work to get it right.

1 Like

So what you’re saying is it couldn’t be done easily after the fact, right? I’m just messing with you. I’m a proud “conspiracy theorist,” not a lunatic. :sunglasses:

Hey, I did not intend to say anything like this. You certainly can just overlay a programmatically generated time bar parametrized by arbitrary offsets, including the Parousia of our Messiah.

However, if there was intention at play, and if the intention was not simply to confuse the public but to demonstrate “proof” of certain coincidences, then they had to think hard about what they’re doing. For some reason someone preferred to overwrite the audio stream of the hoisting-cop (the roof climber) with noise and just left us with nothing official but the suspicious police cruiser streams during the most interesting timespan.

I don’t know anything about dash or body cam time features, other than Jon Malis had his set 12 hours off creating an am vs pm issue. I believe I read someone posting that they wouldn’t have satellite time links like cell phones, but could be wrong. I would think that having that, along with GPS tracking, would have tactical benefits. It does seem like the FBI or other nefarious actors would benefit from us having to deal with 12 different cameras all having different time signatures, if only just to make us work harder.

1 Like

Unfortunately I don’t have the sophisticated tool you are using. So I just put stills from 3 different cameras (BWC2-122110, BWC2-122111, M500-010482) at the same timestamp beside each other and checked if it all matches up motion- and positionwise. As far as I can see it all fits but I’m always happy to have a second opinion. If I’m right then the 2 bodycams are, like the dashcam as you showed in your post, -1.267 seconds as well?

In other words you aligned the cruiser dashcam (M500-010482), the bodycam of the hoisting-cop (BWC2-122110) and the bodycam of an hitherto unnamed LEO (BWC2-122111), who casually covered the lens of his bodycam from 18:11:24 until 18:11:32 when looking into the direction of @howdoiknowthisinfo favorite shooter position.

When based on similar frames, an offset like -1.267 s is certainly too precise, since there is no audio to sync with first shot and even then the last digit should be taken with a larger grain of salt.

But I think the BWC-12211 clock is off by >=1 seconds when compared to the cruiser dashcam, because the guy who is seen by the bodycam BWC2-122110 (unknown LEO) is actually the hoisted cop, who was coming from the grassy area, was then seen running parallel to the footwalk and left the dashcam field of view at 18:10:28.

kdenlive is part of the KDE desktop environment on GNU/Linux systems, but it’s open source and there is a windows version too. Greg_n used a similar but apparently more evolved software. Someone on the audio thread just recommended Open Shot, of which there are windows/mac versions too.

One small thing: the video streams of these two bodycams were encoded with variable framerates, which AFAIK implies frames of different length or distance. kdenlive therefore suggests to transcode these to the 30 fps rate of the dashcam video.

1 Like

Yep, that’s what I tried to at least. I agree, the 3 digit accuracy behind the dot isn’t needed. Unless somebody with talent in video editing wants to dive in, I’m good enough with the dashcam/bodycam being 1-2 seconds ahead of time.

Thanks as well for the input concerning video editing software.