So It's Back To First Principles

How the hell does John R. Herold outrank his father? This is going to bug me, now.

PSP-HEMC: Pennsylvania State Police Insignias

1 Like

In general it is hit or miss, 50/50 on NODs all the time. If that uniform is only worn for ESU missions, not everyday, then he may think it is easier to leave them on his helmet.

1 Like

He is not outranking his father. John R. is a regular Trooper with no ribbons

John D. is a Lieutenant with lots of ribbons

1 Like

@sorey @redranamber @prayingpatriot

I figured it out. Those are not rank insignias on their dress uniform coats, they are lapel ornaments. The rank insignia is worn on their shirt lapels as seen in the Polar Pop photos. The gold versus gun-metal grey lapel ornament is based on rank, and I believe Lieutenant and above wear gold.

So, are we all thinking Lt. John Herold is the one who had overall command of operations at the rally? I am.

1 Like

1 Like

Is that the true name or a typo by someone. Could even be an autocorrect change to what they entered. In the US I think Harold is more common than Herold.

1 Like

I think they probably just know it by ear but not how it’s actually spelled. Whoever made a bunch of our evidence documents don’t really have an eye for detail, probably to be expected.

2 Likes

I just noticed something. It’s probably not important, but I thought I’d mention it.

On page 2 of the after-action report released by Grassley, it looks like Beaver ESU was assigned to the relatively eastern window.

But it doesn’t seem like that’s how it actually happened.

2 Likes

It would make totaly sense, he lives 105 Pinecrest Court. That’s just around the corner of the Farm Show Grounds.

2 Likes

And he worked from 6 am on the 13th until 10 am on the 14th, according to his wife. That’s taking ownership of the event that went awry under his command, and/or a lot of late-night discussions with the FBI and SS.

2 Likes

Exactly. I don’t think a regular Trooper would go that long when the situation is under control by 8pm.
He’s for sure someone who should testify.

3 Likes

thrife for excellence got replaced by woke DEI

1 Like

And it was confirmed for Sen. Grassley after the event. This was in his letter to Acting SS Dir. Rowe. Note: This was likely showing the time of the event, at which time the West window wasn’t manned.

2 Likes

Hi KHunter,

I respect your opinion, and I guess we simply disagree on this topic, which is OK.

By the way, since we seem to be 95% in agreement with each other, do you have a path that leads back up to Crooks? According to my calculations, he is 9 feet too high. If you have a path to Crooks I would be glad to verify and challenge your numbers.

1 Like

A government official that is prepared to work overtime? OK, if that’s what you think… :thinking:

Another reason that comes to my mind is that he needed to see something in a dark room, like maybe room 1 building 6?

1 Like

I would suggest that WAS the reality. Lots of spare ammunition. Lots of spare ammunition from The Shooting Range they ALL attended. Easy to drop. Plus it remains to be seen what the formal ballistics data will “reveal.”

Given the attempts to pin this event on a single individual, at the same time, a number of other activities were ongoing:

No Shared Comms, Shoot a second person, FBI issue a Danger Notice about trying to find a 3rd Person Of Interest, Collect a white van, Dismantle and clear evidence promptly from The Scene Of Crime, Staff take “Weapons” away from The Scene, Early Shut down.

2 Likes

I’m willing to consider it. Let’s say that the Schaffer who was first up on the roof was 100% in on the plan, and he had a pocket full of casings to plant. How does he know how many to put down?

3 Likes

Nothing we didn’t already know…leaked results of SS investigation.

Secret Service probe details failures before Trump rally shooting (pressherald.com)

2 Likes

Here’s an archived version for safekeeping and paywall avoidance. Reading now. Secret Service probe details failures before Trump rally shooting - The Washington Post

3 Likes

Thats a good point.

I think this was all planned out in advance. 3 from the Professional, 5 from Crooks. Missing widely even. Putting Crooks in line as the lone shooter…it was much easier with only 3 extra bullet casings to drop.

This time they didnt have to go get the extra bullets from the Grassy Knoll, the bin, the traffic light, the road, the Daltec Building, the car…

4 Likes