So It's Back To First Principles

The article for the promotion of the Butler PSP was for a change in rank from sergeant to lieutenant, not to lieutenant colonel. They are two different promotions.

@howdoiknowthisinfo, @roger-knight

I think Google Maps is not accurate. Last year I tried to get the size of our building, and later I checked by tape measure.

I propose to check some distance around you.

And yet we have two Herold’s present as of Beth’s facebook, I believe I’ve noticed another Herold pop up in my searches as a Mike Herold or something of the like. So, we would then have a Major Herold and a Lieutenant Colonel Herold if I am not mistaken, and please correct me if I am. And either a failure of journalism to properly report these promotions, or a failure of the PSP to make it known to the public.

That’s also a possibility.
However, to me it would be an odd thing if he wasn’t already officially a Lt before Jul13 since they named him as one in their Detail. It’s not appropriate to use a rank that the person not (yet) has.

1 Like

There seem to be a lot of family affairs all over the place in the PA police forces.

1 Like

1 Like

More of Osterling and Beachem:

Osterling:

Christian Renaud:

1 Like

I like the way you’re sticking to this and won’t let it go until you get it figured out. Seriously, good work.

Okay, here is John. I found him in Beth’s Friends list. He appears to be the guy in Beth’s profile photo. How does he fit into the family?

1 Like

Excellent! Thank you for finding these.

1 Like

I do believe this to be more evidence to the family lineage accounts:

//vs://

So there is John, and then there is JR, whom I assume to be either a John Jr, III, or what have you.

:grin: Thank you, and I’m glad to be of service! Honestly, I think there are just too many coincidences to let go at this point. He may or may not be one pictured in the balloon pop event, but regardless he (I believe John Herold Sr.) played a role on July 13th, a significant one, and we deserve a clear answer as to what went on and what went wrong on that day.

@vegaspatriot @redranamber
The Herold Family

John and J.R.

At least he didn’t have a long way home…

2 Likes

Who is this guy and why does he have a night vision camera in bright daylight?

4 Likes

24 y.o. John Herod is Beth’s (brother? boyfriend?) No wedding ring in John’s profile photos, but “Beth Herold is with John Herold” in her birthday wish post.

Sgt. John D. Herold (John Herold’s dad?) made that rank in 2018, when John Herold was only 18 y.o. In 2024 he’s promoted to Lieutenant. Beth congratulates John for his promotion, but the photos only include a Major Herold and. Lieutenant Colonel Herold. Someone is getting ranks confused, and I highly doubt it was an official PSP document about promotions. John Herold would be too young to make Lieutenant, let alone Sergeant this year if he just turned 24.

(In Facebook, doesn’t a post from previous years show the year? Since his birthday wish doesn’t have a year, I assume it was this year.)

@sorey That photo with the names has JR looking a lot older than 24, right? Even still, he doesn’t look old enough to be a Lt. Colonel, and out rank his father, if that’s his father. I’m missing something here.

1 Like

I don’t think they are the same anyway. One is chinless the other a well defined chin.

2 Likes

Hello Daniloraf

I get something similar. I have done a very detailed analysis of the matter, and the data, as objectively as I can get it, strongly supports Crooks on the top of building six as being the shooter.

Following your own example, were the ‘bleacher-bullet contact elevation’ point raised by some 13 inches, a vent position shooter is supported, were everything else to remain the same.

When it comes to the high building behind Crooks, if we are talking about the ridge point, which I get at some 29.5 Feet above ground, the bleachers elevation would have to be lowered by some 8 inches to favour a shooter at this location. Were a shooter lying down near the edge of the slope itself on the high building however - a far more exposed position to be sure - the bleachers bullet contact point would need to be some 6 inches lower.

1 Like

BTW - The PSP Academy is in Hershey PA, and that was Commissioner Paris in the group photo. Headquarters is in Harrisburg.

1 Like

Hello Roger

I am unmoved. I still think the podium is 16 ft. by 16 ft. exactly. And the podium height is 4 feet exactly, or 48 inches. I stand by the analysis in my most recent posts. In my very first post, I did initially think the podium height was 42 inches, based upon 6 x 7 inch risers. My most recent analysis however has led me to discard this value.

1 Like

Yes, the more details we can fill in while we’re waiting for more reports to be released, the more difficult it becomes for the fast buriers of information to cook up a crooked narrative!

3 Likes

John David Herold (57) enlisted in the State Police in 2005, was promoted to Corporal in 2012, Sergeant in 2018 and Lieutenant in 2024. He’s Beth’s husband and the father of J.R., Emma and Sarah

Beth Herold (56) is his wife and J.R., Emma and Sarah’s mother. She’s the County’s Area Agency on Aging Director.
Area Agency on Aging planning ahead for funding – Butler Eagle

J.R. (John R.) Herold (24) is their son. He graduated in the 166th cadet class in May 2023, so he’s just a regular Trooper.

watch at 1h03m30s
166th Cadet Class Graduation | 166th Cadet Class Graduation | By Pennsylvania State Police Academy | Facebook

Emma Herold is their daugther

Sarah Herold is their daugther

1 Like
  1. I don’t know/remember who he is but I believe someone did identify him. Sorry I can’t recall.

2. Why does he have NVGs on his helmet? Probably a number of innocent reasons such as being prepared for a op that bleeds into night, or in case the power is cut and he’s in a building, or pure laziness of not bothering to take it off his helmet and risk losing it (it may be corded to his helmet so a hassle to remove, to mitigate risk of loss).

2 Likes