Stimulus Bill Causes Hope to Fade

Congrats Castlewp on getting your GF to start watching the CC! It gives me a renewal of hope that maybe I CAN get my husband to watch it, too! Heck, I’ll make him a tin-foil hat to match mine!

Too funny about the young-and-the-restless doom-and-gloomers and the doom-amd-gloomer dating service!

Thanks pinecarr! It was an interesting transformation. The first couple of chapters she got really upset, then she started to connect the dots and really got consumed with the material. I actually think it has helped her from feeling so helpless for some strange reason. I still will not bring up anything unless she asks. Baby steps

pinecarr -

Try this out on your hubby. Go get a radio controlled helicopter from Radio Shack. Paint it black and write "Federal Reserve" on the canopy. Set it on hover and ask him to open the shades/blinds.

Then sit him down and watch CC.

Or you could cheat and wear only the foil hat. Mrs. Dogs (Cat233) got me to watch a Desperate Housewives rerun and all she did was take off her socks…

As I said in an earlier post, I was a tough nut to crack, but once I watched the first few chapters I was hooked. If you can get hubby to watch a few, I’d be surprised if he didn’t get a little interested and watch the rest.

Dogs, I love starting my day with a good gut-laugh; thanks for that!

Yeah, I think I’ll try just asking him to watch the first couple chapters, baby steps as Castlewp suggests. And if that doesn’t work, I may have to try your advice!

Hmmm…my son probably wouldn’t miss his "Hess truck" helicopter either…