STOCK WARS! The People Rise Up Against Wall Street

An epic David-vs-Goliath battle has erupted on Wall Street.

And it may just change the future of investing, helping to tilt the playing field away from the huge unfair advantage the banking cartel has enjoyed for decades.

In case you’ve been sleeping under a rock for the past week: millions of individual investors have banded together using Reddit chat boards, Twitter and other forms of social media to wage concentrated attacks against large hedge funds who were recklessly (and possibly illegally) over-shorting the stocks of weak companies.

This has resulted in a series of “Infinite Short Squeezes” that has rocketed the prices of previously-troubled stocks like GameStop (GME) and AMC Entertainment Holdings (AMC) by thousands of percent over the past two weeks, creating massive losses for the over-exposed hedge funds – a number of whom now find themselves at risk of insolvency from the damage.

Famed researcher Jim Bianco joins us this week to break down exactly what’s going on here, which is a much bigger story than just the recent crazy price action. The Wall Street model is becoming disrupted by new technologies and an emerging collective ‘people power’ that threaten to strip the banking cartel of the unfair power it wields. And rather than lean into the change and evolve its model, the cartel is stubbornly resisting and instead trying to crush the agents of change.

We have seen this desperate denial from a dying regime many times throughout history, and it always ends the same. We only need look at how the taxi medallion cartel failed to stop the Uber/Lyft rideshare model for a recent example.

Of course, this breakout of hostilities only adds to the volatility of a market tenuously holding on to the highest asset price valuations on record. Will the turbulence act as a catalyst to the massive correction more and more veteran experts are predicting?

Which is why now, more than ever, is the time to partner with a financial advisor who understands the nature of the risks and opportunities in play, can craft an appropriate portfolio strategy for you given your needs, and apply sound risk management protection where appropriate:

Anyone interested in scheduling a free consultation and portfolio review with Mike Preston and John Llodra and their team at New Harbor Financial can do so by clicking here.

And if you’re one of the many readers brand new to Peak Prosperity over the past few months, we strongly urge you get your financial situation in order in parallel with your ongoing physical resilience preparations.

We recommend you do so in partnership with a professional financial advisor who understands the macro risks to the market that we discuss on this website. If you’ve already got one, great.

But if not, consider talking to the team at New Harbor. We’ve set up this ‘free consultation’ relationship with them to help folks exactly like you.

SCHEDULE YOUR FREE CONSULTATION

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://peakprosperity.com/stock-wars-reddit-rises-up-against-wall-street/

I love this story. However, upon digging into it, I found that the People Rising Up narrative is covering up a more complex story. See how Wall Street Dark Pools are much more likely to be moving the markets than Reddit:
Dark Pools Owned by Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan, UBS, et al, Have Made Tens of Thousands of Trades
Here’s a deep explanation of the mechanics of short selling and options that deflates the Rising Up narrative.
For more fun with the narrative, though, Matt Taibbi wrote a great article, Suck It, Wall Street. AOC interviewed Alexis Goldstein of Occupy Wall Street fame, as well as Alexis Ohanian, a founder of Reddit and the Stock Guy. They go deep into the political implications of the Rising Up. It’s inspiring!
A entirely different and much more important angle for PP subscribers: Silver Surges as GameStop Day Traders Move Into Other Assets

Alot of people I know are buying these shorted companies with both hands. Frankly the whole thing stinks. With a market at record highs, political turmoil, and an economic class war waging within the markets themselves…probably not a market the average joe wants any part of.
Give me a call when they reinstate glass steagle, break up the tech monopolies, and reign in the fed…[.until then I’ll be in cash, gold, and rural land ]… in other words, NEVER.
PS…I just read that “Robinhood” app has limited the purchase of GME stock to 2 shares!! LOL!
In new soviet America Robin Hood robs YOU!

I am not a fan of hedge funds so I enjoying watching one get squeezed.

Guys, it’s a BUBBLE. GameStop was $17.25 at the start of the year, and it increased more than 20x in a few days on no good fundamental news (or at least nothing to justify a 20x increase), because a bunch of people with no understanding of the history of financial bubbles, decided to band together and bid up the stock to the moon. If you don’t see this as a glaring bubble, then I don’t know what to say. A lot of people are going to lose their shirts here, and it’s going to be the Reddit crowd. (And what’s wrong about CNBC talking down to those people? They really don’t know what they are doing.)
I listened to half of the podcast and it’s just painful to hear how the narrative of David vs Goliath doesn’t allow Jim to see the most obvious facts here.

I just hope Silver comes fully into their crosshairs. If coinbase sold Dogecoin, I was actually going to by a couple hundred bucks worth for fun. It’s an unlimited coin that went from 1 to 5 cents in basically a day or two. If Silver comes into view and the dark pool money follows we might have a few new millionaires on this site. Nice for it to finally be exciting as a silver investor. When Bitcoin finally passed 20K I was so excited and then it basically doubled the old high. I like the sound of $100 silver. We’ll see if it pans out…

What a wonderful interview, nice job!

Love the idea of hedge funds getting hammered. So unfair and unscrupulous, how they have been operating.
The SEC will regulate social media to prevent this from happening again, on a public forum. There’s nothing stopping the same people who ran the stock up, after it was over shorted, from getting together on a forum with private messaging. I don’t think reddit has that feature, but not sure.

I’m thinking it time to start cracking open them rolls of maple leafs out in the root cellar and selling them 5 at a time on eBay. I’m wondering what would be a good $/oz target price to start? $35-50-75?
The cash will come in handy as I’ll be tractor shopping in a couple of months anyway.
FarmAll anyone?

The Reddit guy is going to lose $100 bucks. He doesn’t care. The hedge fund is going bankrupt.
This wasn’t about the Reddit guys making money, it was about the millions of Robinhood kids (unemployed millennials, with student loan debt from worthless college degrees forced out of their jobs to protect the old people from the virus, entertaining themselves by gambling on the stock market) protesting the hedge funds. These are the young people that saved up their allowance to go to GameStop to get the latest game and this hedge fund betting on its failure.

Mike Maloney and Jeff Clark also have a video on this story (love the picture of the little fish eating the sharks!)

Something in the financial Universe just broke… In tonight’s must-watch update, Jeff Clark relays many of your questions from today including: “Mike, what's your reaction to the Reddit community taking on silver and driving the price higher?”, “Do you see this rise in price as sustainable?”, and “What are the advantages and disadvantages of what's happened?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8On6ktkwpY&feature=emb_logo

I clicked the link from Mike Maloney’s video to the “must watch” CNBC interview with Chamath Palihapitiya that Mike recommended people listen to. Unfortunately, I found the video had been taken down from youtube with the message: “Video unavailable
This video contains content from NBC Universal, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.”

So here is another interview I found with Chamath on the same subject; I’m not sure if this is the same one Mike pointed to though:
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/27/chamath-palihapitiya-closes-gamestop-position-but-defends-individual-investors-right-to.html

Beautiful Kathy. Thank you!

Ds24,
The timing of this particular squeeze indicates it was Robinhood redditers.

The idea that the short interest in GME was at one point 140% of the float seems at first blush to be nuts. But can’t a single share be shorted multiple times? If I barrow then sell a share doesn’t that share become eligible to shorted again by the new owner? What am I missing here?

Does anyone actually KNOW what the Physical to Paper ratio is for SLV ??
WSB strategy A is to exit Exit GME @ $1000 and pile into SLV!
Max Keiser talked about this a decade ago … we know how much he loves Jamie Diamond
https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/l6fgbn/the_other_post_about_slv_is_absolutely_correct/

That’s the CNN headline I’m waiting to see next.
I think its long past time for Reddit to deplatform these white supremacist nazis. Because, market stability. Free markets. Racial justice. White fragility. Any bets on what narrative that The Biden Donors will to justify their latest repression of the plebes?
[And - hey, did you know, Janet Yellen is our first female Treasury Secretary? The Biden Donors are so woke! They have a female shilling for Wall Street, instead of a male! My goodness, that should make all the corruption feel so much better.]
Of course, RobinHood’s customers aren’t the traders - they’re the hedge funds, who have purchased the “order flow data” that RobinHood packages up and sells them. So they’d better do the bidding of the hedgies, or else they’re outta business.
The mainstream narrative: “If the hedge fund wins, they were smart. If the hedge fund loses - BAIL ME OUT NOW and SHUT DOWN MY OPPOSITION!”
Saw this article in my trading app:

Robinhood added additional restrictions to trades on its platform late Friday. The list of stocks that now have limited restrictions has climbed to 50, according to CNBC. Here is a look at the 50 stocks with restrictions on Robinhood and the current limit on the number of shares and options you can purchase.
    • American Airlines Group Inc (NASDAQ:AAL): 1 share, 10 options
    • Aurora Cannabis (NYSE:ACB): 1 share, standard limits
    • First Majestic Silver Corp (NYSE:AG): 1 share, standard limits
    • AMC Entertainment (NYSE:AMC): 1 share, 10 options
    • Advanced Micro Devices Inc (NASDAQ:AMD): 1 share, standard limits
    • BlackBerry Ltd (NYSE:BB): 1 share, 10 options
    • Bed Bath & Beyond Inc (NASDAQ:BBBY): 1 share, 10 options
    • BYD Co (OTC:BYDDY): 1 share
    • Beyond Meat (NASDAQ:BYND): 1 share, standard limits
    • Churchill Capital Corp IV (NYSE:CCIV): 1 share, standard limits
    • Clover Health (NASDAQ:CLOV) 1 share, standard limits
    • Curis (NASDAQ:CRIS): 1 share, standard limits
    • Castor Maritime Inc (NASDAQ:CTRM): 5 shares
    • Express Inc (NYSE:EXPR): 5 shares, 10 options
    • EZGO Technologies (NASDAQ:EZGO): 5 share
    • General Motors Corporation (NYSE:GM): 1 share, standard limits
    • GameStop Corp: 1 share, 5 options
    • Gran Tierra Energy (NYSE:GTE): 5 share, standard limits
    • Hims & Hers Health (NYSE:HIMS): 1 share, standard limits
    • Inovio Pharmaceuticals Inc (NASDAQ:INO): 1 share, standard limits
    • Social Capital Hedosophia Holdings Corp V (NYSE:IPOE): 1 share, standard limits
    • Social Capital Hedosophia Holdings Corp VI (NYSE:IPOF): 1 share, standard limits
    • Jaguar Health Inc (NASDAQ:JAGX): 5 share, standard limits
    • Koss Corp (NASDAQ:KOSS): 1 share
    • Lianluo Smart (NASDAQ:LLIT): 5 share
    • Moderna Inc (NASDAQ:MRNA): 1 share, standard limits
    • Naked Brands Group (NASDAQ:NAKD): 5 shares
    • The9 Ltd (NASDAQ:NCTY): 1 share
    • Nokia Oyj (NYSE:NOK): 5 shares, 10 options
    • Novavax Inc (NASDAQ:NVAX): 1 share, standard limits
    • Opendoor Technologies Inc (NASDAQ:OPEN): 1 share, standard limits
    • Rocket Companies Inc (NYSE:RKT): 1 share, standard limits
    • RLX Technology (NYSE:RLX): 1 share, standard limits
    • Rolls-Royce Holdings (OTC:RYCEY): 5 shares, standard limits
    • Starbucks Corp (NASDAQ:SBUX): 1 share, standard limits
    • Shoals Technologies Group (NASDAQ:SHLS): 1 share
    • Siebert Financial Corp (NASDAQ:SIEB): 1 share, standard limits
    • iShares Silver Trust (NYSE:SLV): 1 share, standard limits
    • Sundial Growers Inc (NASDAQ:SNDL): 5 shares, 10 options
    • Direxion Daily Semiconductor Bull 3x Shares (NYSE:SOXL): 1 share, standard limits
    • Sorrento Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ:SRNE): 1 share, standard limits
    • Star Peak Energy Transition Corp (NYSE:STPK): 1 share, standard limits
    • Tengasco (NYSE:TGC): 5 shares
    • Tian Ruixiang Holdings (NASDAQ:TIRX): 1 share
    • Tootsie Roll Industries (NYSE:TR): 1 share, 10 options
    • Trivago (NASDAQ:TRVG): 55 shares, 10 options
    • Workhorse Group (NASDAQ:WKHS): 1 share, standard limits
    • Qualtrics International (NASDAQ:XM): 1 share, standard limits
    • Zomedica Corp (NYSE:ZOM): 5 shares
Why It’s Important: The list includes many of the high-flying popular among retail traders. Today’s list puts restrictions on several blue chip stocks for the first time, with stocks like General Motors and Starbucks having purchase limits.
[FD: from this list, I'm long AG, PSLV, AAL, short MRNA. Although, my AG position is smaller than it was at the start of the week.]

The idea behind the Gamestop campain is not to make money, but for the hedgefunds to loose!
In order to do so, you have to buy and hold forever. Otherwize, when you sell in the same pace as you bought it, the price will drop and the hedgefunds will recover on the way down.
Let’s make this a global movement! This is THE moment! These monsters must be destroyed.

@davefairtex
I’m curious: does this list represent a “who’s who” of troubled asset companies?
Did Robinhood just do some legwork for the Redditers?