The Abandonment Of Posts In The Overwatch Building Is Difficult To Accept

I have not seen gunshot wounds, on humans anyways, so I have no experience to go by. It just looks like one to me, and others, and I’ve yet to hear a reasonable explanation of what else it would be. If I hear one, I’ll likely be convinced it wasn’t one.

2 Likes

Now that you mention it I had to double check myself.

The Shaffer on the roof is probably not Ben but likely Matthew Shaffer. He’s an Officer in the Cecil Township Police and could also be a member of the Washington Regional SWAT. Sidenote: The Lieutenant at Cecil, Guy Kuzak, is the Commander of Washington Regional SWAT.

Could only find an image of Matthew Shaffer from 2017, give it another 7 years and that could well be the one on the roof in my opinion.

6 Likes

Great find, thanks.

3 Likes

Well done! I can sleep easier tonight knowing Ben didn’t leave his sniper nest abandoned. :sleeping:

2 Likes

And I couldn’t sleep not knowing if I mistakenly put Ben on the roof.
Seems we both can go to bed now :+1:

2 Likes

Without a new thread, I guess this is a good place for today’s video by Chris.

2 Likes

http://cecil-police.com/contact.html

[Officer Matthew Shaffer](mailto :mshaffer@cecil-police.com)
724.743.0940 Ext. 220

1 Like

Since Matthew and Ben Shaffer are both from Washington County, any chance they are related? Also, I wonder if this is who Ben was referring to in his congressional forum testimony.

Ben Shaffer: “We also were running a secondary channel that was our local Washington Regional SWAT team channel.” (Source: Congressional Forum Testimony, 10:50 Mark)

Actually, Washington County had 6 ESU members at the event.

1 Like

It seems likely they’re brothers. The same kind of thing seemed to be happening with the Mikulans and some others.

2 Likes

Just to try and keep things from getting confused.

I do not believe Washington County has a ESU team. I think they use the SWAT name instead.

Beaver and Butler Counties have ESU teams.

3 Likes

I’m looking for the 400-yard shot coming in from Crooks right side at 1 to 3 o’clock. I don’t think the pond area is far enough away.

It looks very suspect to me. One conspiracy at a time. I’m still looking for the 2nd shooter and the 400-yard countersniper shot. I believe there’s truth in the 400-yard shot. I just can’t find it yet.

I really like that you are focusing on this because the lack of damage to Crooks makes no sense. Nor do the initial 400 yard statements or the one in a million shot statements.

Good luck on the hunt!!

2 Likes

What’s worrisome to me is that when images or videos don’t fit narratives, we dig and search for days to make them try and fit how and where we want. Then something suspect like this is revealed and it’s down another rabbit hole. Who’s to say this image isn’t manipulated?

I’m not convinced one way or the other at this point, nor do I care. It doesn’t look like any bullet wound I’ve ever seen, though. (For whatever that’s worth?) I’m still trying to figure out the basic info we know as factual and piece that properly into the timeline puzzle. I’m still convinced a 400-yard countershot came in from somewhere.

Can one of the sound experts help me with this one way or the other? I don’t want to waste time looking into this if there’s no possibility the ninth and tenth shots can’t be reversed. I’m looking to find out if the ground sniper’s shot can come in hot over Trump’s mic as the tenth shot. Thanks!

1 Like

That’s exactly what I spend my time doing, and way too much of it to be honest. The possible leg shot is just curiosity. As for the 400 yard counters hot, you are aware that Ben Shaffer, grandstand counter-sniper, said during his congressional forum testimony that he did not take a shot and couldn’t even see Crooks, right? The latter part struck me most, since the photo of his rifle looked like he did have a line of site to the spot on the AGR 6 roof where Crooks was.

3 Likes

You and me both, @vegaspatriot. I stay abreast of your timelines and thank you for them. I heard the Washington County guy’s statement, but I’m not sure it’s factual. At least from the pictures we’ve seen. What about across the Evans City Road? Wasn’t a team set up there as well? I don’t have the computer skills that most on here have. Can someone put a circle around Crook’s position that represents a 400-yard radius?

1 Like

Not my diagram, but the rings I think are accurate. It appears to me that the second from last outer ring is 1,200 feet, but the key is difficult to read. (I would go with @sorey’s map below, since it’s centered on crooks, not the podium.)

I have not heard any mention of a counter-sniper across Evan’s City Road, but have heard mentions of it being a possible sniper or counter-sniper location.

3 Likes

400 yard circle around Crooks position

4 Likes

That’s roughly 400 yards around Crooks.

4 Likes

If you still talking about Crooks potential right knee shot. Unless he didn’t have his right leg high up at some point (what I don’t believe he did), I don’t see a possibility for the grandstand sniper to have a shot there. On the picture we know from that sniper position, he can only see him when popping his head above the ridge line to get aim at the target. Also, where Crooks was laying dead, his knee is maybe another 10 feet away from the ridge line.

2 Likes