The Five Horsemen - Martenson Report Ready

There's a new Martenson Report ready for enrolled members.  This week I spell out the five high level elements that I regularly track to guide my understanding of where we are and where we are headed.

Link to The Five Horsemen

A snippet:

Executive Summary:

• What can we expect next, and how will we recognize it?
  • A series of sharp, interrupted shocks is more likely than a major sudden collapse.
  • Five game-changing events, what I call The Five Horsemen, will indicate that the rules have changed and a new reality is about to take over:
    • The First Horseman: New credit growth falls below interest payments
    • The Second Horseman: The Fed monetizes debt
    • The Third Horseman: Government spending exceeds 10% of GDP
    • The Fourth Horseman: The dollar goes down, while interest rates go up
    • The Fifth (and final) Horseman: US debt becomes denominated in foreign currencies

Severe structural damage has already been inflicted on our economy. As I wrote two weeks ago in It Has Hit the Fan:

If you have been waiting for further confirmation about the direction of the economy, or waiting for a sign that it's now time to get serious about preparing for a future filled with less, this report is written for you.

You are living in the midst of the collapse of western economies, which are moving from a more complicated state to a less complicated one. This is it.  Keep a journal, because it's happening right now.

After the Great Depression, many people remarked that it was only obvious in retrospect. While it was unfolding, things steadily eroded. But 75% of the workforce remained employed, while hopeful signs of progress were constantly trotted out by various politicians, private economists, and official-sounding government agencies. It is often quite difficult to appreciate the true magnitude of sweeping change while it is occurring.

The most pressing question now is this:  What can we expect next, and when? 

In this report, I will give you the precise combination of macro-events that will cause me to issue an alert and kick my thinking and actions into new orbits.

Best,
Chris Martenson

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://peakprosperity.com/the-five-horsemen-martenson-report-ready-2/

double-post-delete

Some people are not taking any chances. Meet Your Neighbor, The Survivalist
http://www.cnbc.com/id/31002400/

Interesting.  Serious enough to show, but then the barbed ridicule at the end. I guess time will tell who was the fool in all this