The Great Depression & Today: Comparing the Most Concentrated Markets in History

Originally published at: https://peakprosperity.com/the-great-depression-today-comparing-the-most-concentrated-markets-in-history/

Welcome to another insightful episode of Financial University. In today’s rapidly evolving world, the financial landscape is undergoing significant transformations, signaling a time of both challenge and opportunity.

I’ve been deeply immersed in exploring the intricacies of a compelling work, “The Great Taking” by David Roger Webb. This exploration has been made all the richer through my collaboration with Paul Kiker from Kiker Wealth Management. In this post, we’re going to delve into some complex and often misunderstood aspects of finance and law, and how they impact you, the investor and everyday individual.

Our journey through the maze of legal jargon and financial regulations hasn’t been easy. I confess, it’s been a tough ride, often finding myself re-reading legal sentences multiple times to grasp their meaning. It’s a language laden with specialized terminology and convoluted constructs, seemingly designed to be as opaque as possible.

In these discussions with Paul, it’s become increasingly clear how vital it is to pay close attention to these legal and financial details. We’ve seen firsthand how laws and precedents, often dismissed by professionals as irrelevant, can have far-reaching consequences. This is especially true in our current times, where the unexpected has become the norm, and previously unthought-of scenarios are playing out in real markets and legal cases. We’re committed to uncovering these truths, no matter how complex, and sharing our findings. It’s about empowering you with knowledge and strategies to navigate these turbulent waters.

Stay tuned as we continue to unravel these complexities and offer insights that aim not just to educate but also to prepare you for the financial realities of our times.

Peak Prosperity endorses and promotes Kiker Wealth Management’s financial services. To arrange a completely free, no-obligation discussion of your personal financial circumstances and goals with someone who speaks your language and thoroughly shares your outlook on the world, please click this link to go to Peak Financial Investing to begin the process.

FINANCIAL DISCLAIMER. PEAK PROSPERITY, LLC, AND PEAK FINANCIAL INVESTING ARE NOT ENGAGED IN RENDERING LEGAL, TAX, OR FINANCIAL ADVICE OR SERVICES VIA THIS WEBSITE. NEITHER PEAK PROSPERITY, LLC NOT PEAK FINANCIAL INVESTING ARE FINANCIAL PLANNERS, BROKERS, OR TAX ADVISORS. Their websites are intended only to assist you in your financial education. Your personal financial situation is unique, and any information and advice obtained through this website may not be appropriate for your situation. Accordingly, before making any final decisions or implementing any financial strategy, you should consider obtaining additional information and advice from your accountant or other financial advisers who are fully aware of your individual circumstances.

6 Likes

From personal experience, I can attest that Chris is right on about not automatically trusting professionals - across the board. It doesn’t matter how much education or experience they have, nor how sincere they come across as.
Only trust yourself and your own instincts, intuition doesn’t lie!

I’ve had doctors tell me x meds have no side effects at proposed doses and are 100% safe, then look it up and they have horrendous side effect profiles including dependency/addiction.

It is interesting he brought up having solar installed and the installer not doing things right, kind of saying “this is how it’s done” - no questions.
Technical tradespeople aren’t great and it doesn’t matter how good of a reputation they have. Along the same lines of solar installers, heating/cooling contractors are among the worst and I’ve discovered they don’t read install manuals and don’t set up or install the equipment correctly → have a bit of a technical background and read the documentation, become more knowledgeable than 90%+ of residential techs/installers who profess to be “experts”.
It’s sad.

The trusting people get taken advantage of.
It is worst in medicine with more elderly people just trusting their doctors. They end up on multiple medications, the synergistic effects of which are never studied. Type 2 diabetics end up getting fat, getting nerve damage because their doctors put them on a bunch of pills also prescribe “eating plenty of whole grains”. Carbs are almost as dangerous for a type-2 diabetic as peanuts are to someone with a peanut allergy, only the process of killing is much slower.
Have an auto-immune disorder? “Ah, here, take these immune suppressing drugs” - forget investigating the trigger.

5 Likes

Has anyone asked ChatGPT how we stop The Great Taking?

Surely our All Knowing AI Overlords can answer such a question. /sarc

3 Likes

Hi Chris,
I just wanted to mention an article in the Epoch Times you might be interested in from Jan. 31, regarding the “Great Taking” by Jack McPherrin. Apparently, the South Dakota legislature has become aware of Mr. Webb’s treatise and is seeking to pass legislation to protect South Dakota citizens from the “legal theft” of their property. As this becomes more widely known, it’s possible the secretive, evil efforts of the dark forces at work in this country and globally with regard to this scheme might be arrested.

8 Likes

ChatGPT is terrible on the Great Taking issues. Now that I now them well I can easily spot the errors.

GPT is great at structuring things, and okay at providing defitions, but really bad on things that require thinking and interpretation.

1 Like

Thank you. I hadn’t read that yet.

I’ve been tracking the SD efforts…and I wish them all the best and would encourage the lawmakers to avoid small planes and hot tubs until the measure is passed. And even afterward for a while.

4 Likes

This theme is brought up again & again in “The Looting of America” which came out in '09 during the GFC, it’s too bad nothing at all has changed for the better and we seem to be headed down a path with even more dire consequences. As with the “New Confessions of an Economic Hitman” I’ve been wondering if Les Leopold, the author, is working on a update?

“How could the best and brightest (and most highly paid) in finance crash the global economy and then get us to bail them out as well? What caused this mess in the first place? Housing? Greed? Dumb politicians? What can Main Street do about it?”

"Former economic hit man John Perkins shares new details about the ways he and others cheated countries around the globe out of trillions of dollars. Then he reveals how the deadly EHM cancer he helped create has spread far more widely and deeply than ever in the US and everywhere else—to become the dominant system of business, government, and society today. Finally, he gives an insider view of what we each can do to change it.

Economic hit men are the shock troops of what Perkins calls the corporatocracy, a vast network of corporations, banks, colluding governments, and the rich and powerful people tied to them. If the EHMs can’t maintain the corrupt status quo through nonviolent coercion, the jackal assassins swoop in. The heart of this book is a completely new section, over 100 pages long, that exposes the fact that all the EHM and jackal tools—false economics, false promises, threats, bribes, extortion, debt, deception, coups, assassinations, unbridled military power—are used around the world today exponentially more than during the era Perkins exposed over a decade ago"

4 Likes

Seems like we’re in the “melt-up” phase we’ve been talking about for some time now. Take a look at Germany’s DAX index and note that it’s at all time highs while the German economy is entering a recession. That’s a potentially long-term recession as well, since the country is busy deindustrializing. It doesn’t make any sense unless you assume the markets are completely untethered from reality, which seems increasingly to be the case.

If anyone has any reason to suggest why the DAX is continuing to rise along with other markets in troubled economies, like the FTSE, I’m all ears. Until then, I declare Shenanigans.

2 Likes