The Hard Truth About Assets

WOW! I wondered why it happened so early in the process. How convenient.

”When you’ve finally had enough and can’t stand it anymore, grab your rifle and run out on to your front porch. If you’re the only one out there, it’s not time yet.”
Or “Amerika is at that awkward stage: it’s too late to work through the system but it’s too early to start shooting the b@st@rds.”
”Happy Hunger Games! And May the odds be ever in your favor.”
[embed]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aWPWHU8x6kE[/embed]

[embed]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Lin-a2lTelg[/embed]

Here in hot, humid sunny SW Florida this is the season to either put on anti-repellent mosquito spray or having to deal with the little buggers biting you. I cannot recall a year like this one where mosquito’s are practically nowhere to be seen or felt. If you go out in the evening and standing still for 10 secs usually gets you a few bites and a few buzzing noises around the ears. This year…quiet.
How’s the mosquito population in your neck of the woods?

vigorous and numerous in NH

yes, and that kind of data is usually explained by people eating too much fat. Lol, let’s just say that does not pass my BS detector…
If there is any evidence to support this, I’d call it “”evidence””…
Now, pass the bread, high fructose corn syrup, Cheerios and ice cream…

They are doing very well this year… to the point that a net over the head is a must.

We lived on the Ottawa river and it is just not fair to compare the biting insects in the Laurentians to anywhere else in the world. there could be 1/10th as many as last year and there would still be way to many to count or even notice the difference. The thickness of cloud maybe a little less.

While I agree that real assets are probably a good investment and surely a good investment long term. I wonder what may happen short term. The fed would love to create inflation to inflate away the debt but the idiots gutted the middle class so in effect committed Hari Kari. The thing is I don’t think the next bump is inflation it may well be deflation. in which case especially land maybe cheaper in the future. PMs have been held down they may well go up but I am not sure about assets that have lots of debt attached to them.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/jeffrey-epstein-accused-sex-trafficker-dies-suicide-officials/story?id=64881684
https://nypost.com/2019/08/10/photos-show-jeffrey-epstein-as-hes-wheeled-into-downtown-hospital/
Drudge has an abundant collection of links on the event

https://saraacarter.com/two-tiered-system-of-justice-top-fbi-officials-escape-prosecution-while-others-pay-heavy-price/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=social-pug
Oh, and Comey will not be prosecuted for the leaked memos because “he didn’t intend to break the law”.

He may not be (have been) the only one of his kind. Doesn’t bear thinking about.
So, what might They do about the mess? How best too hide it? Label it National Security? Well it does compromise some people’s security. Label it Commercial-in-Confidence? Yes, especially if it compromises US-UK trade deals.
I await developments but only with morbid curiosity.
By the way, for you stewing away in your northern summer, it’s been snowing in the hills behind Canberra for two days now. Most unusual. The ski resorts are rejoicing. Nary a mosquito in earshot. And no, this does not prove that climate warming claims are false!

I work in a hospital, but not in the ER. Part of our protocol for suicide watch: Nothing in room. one sitter per patient on suicide watch, 24/7, 365 as long as they are in hospital, its 1:1. No bed frame, mattress on middle of floor. Nothing “long” to make noose from - no pants - shorts, no long gown - scrub top. Blanket is possible, but again 1:1 24/7 even in bathroom. Obviously no personal belongings. Hell, in our suicide rooms there aren’t even hinges on the doors, it’s all internal hinges in the frame itself. Literally nothing to string a noose on, not even hinges on door or door knobs. It’s essentially a bare room with a mattress in the middle of the floor. I’m looking forward to work on Monday, we’ll see who says what. I see faith in the justice system swirling the drain. Stuff like Epstein just brings it on sooner.

Justice = Just Us

I like the Sara A Carter link – but she’s wrong. The death of Epstein is evidence that we are indeed a banana republic.
What we know about epstein:
(1) He was a pimp for child prostitutes (2) he focused on blackmail primarily of US authorities, and secondarily on foreign heads of state (3) he was NOT a high-powered superwealthy trader; he was a minor employee at Bear Stearns if that; therefore he was FUNDED. (4) He was murdered before evidence could come out.
Now, #trumpbodycount is disingenuous; Trump doesn’t have a body count. But #Clintonbodycount is also not accurate. Yes, there are in excess of 40 dead bodies tied to the Clinton name; but he didn’t do all those murders. There is something deeper, worse here. #securitystatebodycount.
The death of Epstein is evidence that we are indeed a banana republic; and banana republics were instituted in south and central america by our OWN security state, in a shocking display of contempt for democratic republics.
But if that wasn’t shocking enough, consider this: the evidence that there is a banana republic here, is itself evidence that our security state long ago committed treason, and overthrew our government – and the death of Epstein is evidence.
#NSACIATREASON
And to stand up and speak for the truth, as alone as I’ve ever been – nobody on facebook is saying anything except me – when we are a banana republic? That is terrifying. Anyone with any sense would be terrified.

Thank you for your reply. I understand that Platinum is used generally for catalytic converters. However it is very rare, in fact the entire amount of platinum already mined would not even fill up a person’s living room. There is a lot of information about how there is going to be a big Supply deficiency in the near future because of a lot of problems in the South African mines. I don’t know what is going to happen and certainly do not want to be stuck in an asset class that is going to be down for the next couple of years. All of these things are so tough to call

Many thanks

Laurie G.

Even the most die-hard “I’m not a conspiracy person” type is saying “but…” on this one.
It’s just too obvious, too in your face.
There are only a few options here:
1. Epstein is Dead
1a. He died of natural causes
1b. He was murdered
1c. He committed suicide
2. Epstein is not Dead
2a. and he’s been spirited away somewhere to live out his life for a valuable service performed well
2b. He’s been taken away so that the location of his dead-man safety package which identifies too many important people can be extracted from his brain and then he’ll be killed.
We can rule out 1a, natural causes, because that would have been the story from the get go if it were true. Also, we still can’t account for the glaring jailhouse lapses in coverage/oversight even if this were the case. Heads are going to roll.
1b and 1c present obvious difficulties because the guy was in a high security prison. Those have things like protocols, rigid chains of command, and lots and lots of cameras. Each one of those has to be compromised to pull off a murder (they did it) or a suicide (they allowed it to happen).
Option 2 – he’s still alive – also takes some doing and would speak to a very high level of corruption. It’s not easy to get a prisoner released. There are forms to sign, protocols to follow, and lots and lots of cameras. Not impossible, just very hard to do.
In the scheme of things, it’s just easier to have someone dead. Much easier.
Here’s where things get super bad for the prison officials and guards involved. They broke so many usual and customary protocols that there’s a lot of explaining to do.

Epstein found dead in jail, was not on suicide watch Aug 10, 2019 NEW YORK (Reuters) - Disgraced financier Jeffrey Epstein was found dead on Saturday after an apparent suicide in the New York jail cell where he was being held without bail on sex-trafficking charges, and a source said he was not on suicide watch at the time of his death. The FBI and the Department of Justice’s Inspector General were opening investigations into his death, U.S. Attorney General William Barr said, adding that he was “appalled” to learn of the apparent suicide in federal custody. Last month, Epstein was found unconscious on the floor of his jail cell with marks on his neck, and officials were investigating that incident as a possible suicide or assault. “Mr. Epstein’s death raises serious questions that must be answered,” Barr said in a statement. Even though Epstein was found unconscious last month, he had recently been taken off suicide watch, a special set of procedures for inmates in danger of taking their own life, according to the source. The financier was in a cell by himself when his body was found. It was not immediately clear why Epstein was taken off suicide watch. At the MCC, two jail guards are required to make separate checks on all prisoners every 30 minutes, but that procedure was not followed overnight, according to the source. In addition, every 15 minutes guards are required to make another check on prisoners who are on suicide watch.
Well, isn’t that odd? He was found just a few weeks earlier suffering from the effects of what was reported as a failed suicide attempt. He’s one of the most high-value prisoners anyone could have and should have been under ultra-close suicide watch for obvious reasons, and somehow he was taken off suicide watch? By whom? And why? We’ll get to that in a second. We also get from this Reuters article that guards are required to make checks on all prisoners every 30 minutes, but that procedure was not followed that night. Why not? Who ordered that? Right now I’d be extremely worried if I was one of the guards on duty that night. Ghislane Maxwell should be nervous as all get out right now, but I’d put a higher probability on those guards going missing or dead over the next few days. Maybe leave the country urgently for some reason, like the MGM guard who decided an urgent trip back to Mexico was next on his list of things to do. With even CNBC weighing in hard on this one, it’s clear there’s some heavy consequences about to come down on that entire prison command structure:
Prison experts are stunned and angry that Jeffrey Epstein was taken off suicide watch Aug 10, 2019 Even before his first suspected suicide try last month, Jeffrey Epstein was perhaps the most high-profile inmate in the federal jail system: A politically connected financier accused of sexually abusing dozens of underage girls. He was, by all accounts, the kind of inmate that should have been under the closest possible supervision. Instead, Epstein was taken off suicide watch in the days before he took his own life, officials told NBC News, a decision that baffled former wardens and veterans of the federal prison system. “For them to pull him off suicide watch is shocking,” Cameron Lindsay, a former warden who worked at three federal facilities, told NBC News. “For someone this high-profile, with these allegations and this many victims, who has had a suicide attempt in the last few weeks, you can take absolutely no chances. You leave him on suicide watch until he’s out of there.” Epstein, 66, was placed on suicide watch after he was found passed out in his jail cell with marks on his neck inside the Metropolitan Correctional Center on July 23, according to sources familiar with the matter. The conditions would have required him to be moved to a special bare-bones cell where he would be outfitted in a tear-resistant one-piece smock and receive stepped-up observation from a staffer or inmate posted outside, according to Lindsay and sources familiar with Epstein’s case. But Epstein’s status was changed sometime in the last two weeks for reasons that remain unknown, officials told NBC News. The decision would normally have to have been authorized by the jail’s suicide prevention program coordinator, who is ordinarily the institution’s chief psychologist, and approved by the warden. “Once an inmate has been placed on watch, the watch may not be terminated, under any circumstance, without the program coordinator or designee performing a face-to-face evaluation,” according to the federal Bureau of Prison official guidelines issued in 2007. The FBI is investigating the case, law enforcement officials told NBC News. The Bureau of Prisons will also launch an internal “after-action” probe, according to department veterans. “It’s too early to say what I think should happen, but if this did occur as we believe that it did, some staff are going to have some hard questions to answer, I’m afraid,” said Lindsay, who served as warden at the nearby Metropolitan Detention Center from 2007 to 2009. Bob Hood, a former federal Bureau of Prisons chief of internal affairs and former warden at the ADX Florence “supermax” prison in Colorado, said he also was perplexed by the decision to remove the suicide safeguards. “Under the circumstances, I would have a staff member sitting there or have a camera on him 24/7 while he was in my custody, purely to cover my butt,” said Hood. “I know that sounds tacky, but this is not your average inmate.” Attorney General William Barr issued a statement expressing concern over the case, saying he was appalled and that Epstein’s death “raises serious questions that must be answered.”
Ouch! Those prison officials just got tossed under the bus! I bet they received assurances that they’d be covered, but that’s not the case. They are about to be raked over the public coals. Somebody had to take him off suicide watch. The warden had to sign off on that. It's going to be very difficult to pretend nobody took him off suicide watch and it was some sort of administrative error. The most disgusting part of the article comes to us courtesy of Rod Rosenstein, the disgraced former (in)Justice department official who said:
Former Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein also weighed in. “Detained pedophiles require special attention,” he tweeted. “Stopping people from harming themselves is difficult.”
That’s the talking point here? That’s the spin? That it’s difficult to stop people from harming themselves? No it isn’t. It’s a matter of well-known protocol ya turd! Jeebus, I don’t know why these spin efforts anger me so much, but they do. Rosenstein is simply stating a thing that is untrue, which will then get quoted and repeated by the press spinsters and then next thing you know doofuses are saying them back to you like it’s wisdom. “You know, Chris, it’s difficult to prevent people from harming themselves.” Yeah, and concrete melts and fuses itself to metal in basements from time to time. Well, just that one time. At any rate, because Rod is busy spinning I know he’s in on it, which is helpful. I like to know who my deep state worms are and it’s helpful when they out themselves like that. I have to confess, this whole thing really bothers me a lot, and it’s going to be very telling what happens next. Either this super obvious hit is exposed and real consequence result or it’s all swept under the rug. If the latter, there’s no hope for the country anymore. The deep state two-justice system (none for them, lots for you) will have been exposed as having passed the point of return, and people will no longer believe in the rule of law, and then it’s a slippery slope to dark times.  

They came to suicide Martin Armstrong in Federal Prison as well. He was attacked and left for “suicided” because he knew too much. Here’s his story:
https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/armstrong-in-the-media/the-forecaster/jeffrey-epstein-is-dead-of-course-on-schedule/

Well put, Chris.
The “suicide” of Epstein was both predictable and astonishing at one and the same time.
If the corporate media does not start calling for a no-holds-barred, independent investigation, they will forfeit the last few shreds of credibility that they might have left. This is for the simple reason that no one, but no one, believes that this was a suicide. I went to some of the mainstream sites which still allow for citizen comments, and nobody believes this story. Nobody.
Is the corporate media simply going to say, “well, he’s dead now and we can move onto the next story.”
If they do that, they will henceforth be believed about as much as Soviet citizens believed Pravda.

“We’ll murder you and your family.” can be intimidating.