The Real Panic Hasn't Even Started Yet

There’s only one person who can save the US, and it’s not trump.
Which of the founding fathers was it who said that the US Constitution was only suited to governing a virtuous and god-fearing people?

3 Likes

Yup, Chris’s videos have been instrumental in my family’s survival of the covid scam, and in us positioning ourselves to survive what’s coming next.

Many thanks again, Chris, for the time and effort you put into giving us good information, and in encouraging us to make good/wise/prudent decisions!

8 Likes

“Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” - John Adams

9 Likes

Wasting time and resources was the point Mongo! If you do a little research into Solar, House insulation, etc. You will find that this was all nutted out in the 70’s and 80’s.

1 Like

I think we should also add in the primary wealth knowledge to be able to take or have the ability to plant and the resources.
From primary wealth

A person who owns the most fertile land but doesn’t know how to utilize the Asset.

Second I for someone extremely high up in the tertiary wealth category.They owned a commodities firm in chicago that has three hundred employees A location in chicago end in ireland Which he stated was for tax purposes.

One night at dinner, I was discussing with my brother in labout economics and our economy. And I said in what world does it make sense that a man who trades paper makes more than the man who wakes up in the morning plants. The seed wait several months To fertilize to battle the windstorm to battle the pest and makes pennies This is how upside down the world is

The real risk was taken the second.The man plowed the field, not the man trading paper.It will break

6 Likes

I am not familiar with what you are referring to. I was born in 1980 and have no firsthand knowledge.

I would agree that most housing stock built since the 1980s is garbage in regards to what we could have built. We have had better methods for many years but they were more expensive.

I had a custom home built in Ohio in 2010 using insulated concrete forms (ICF). The walls were 2" of foam, a reinforced concrete core, and another 2" of foam. This house scored 50 on the HERS test. This means it was measured to use 50% less energy than the house built to code. There was about a 10% increase in construction costs.

The ICF walls in my hosue were 6" thick below grade and 4" thick above grade. They below grade walls used #4 and #5 steel rebar. The above grade used #5 rebar. Theses walls were extremely strong and would have had no issues surviving an EF5 tornado. The roof was the weak link because it used engineered wood trusses and standard OSB. The energy efficiency was noticeable and save me a lot of money.

I am not 100% against solar. I am only 100% against solar panels for making electricity. Solar is a great way to make hotwater.

I attended a workshop in 2017 in Italy, TX at the Monolithic Dome Institute. This is an awesome and cheap method of building an ICC 500 compliant home.

Highlights of ICC 500-2020 (fema.gov)

I still have a strong desire to build a dome home but I need to buy the equipment and find a suitable place to build it. I have doubts that I will build one before the energy prices go crazy. I want to build one on a parcel of land that has a large elevation drop and a reliable source of water that would allow me to build a Pelton wheel generator with a name plate capacity of 3,000 watts.

This water source could also provide me with a great heat sink for cooling the house and be the water source that toilets use.

A man can still dream.

13 Likes

But you did turn to a different camera to give us an inside take without missing a beat. I reckon a few more of the folks will want to be part of tribe of beautiful and wonderful PP subscribers!

4 Likes

Isn’t this one of the themes in the Grapes of Wrath? The people in the cities buying things up and making all the money, while the people in the countryside are dirt poor. So this isn’t a new feature.

2 Likes

Keep the dream alive. Check out SIPS, Structural Insulated Panels if you can’t make the Dome or ‘Binnie Shell’ as I know it. We had one in a near by town as the community hall, apparently it had reached the end of its life and had to go.

1 Like

I saw Erik Townsend recently, when he wandered through Sydney explaining the way modular nuclear reactors are going to work. They have no waste - that’s not to say they don’t make radioactive stuff - just they want to keep using the radioactive stuff for as long as you want to keep using the nuclear plant. The Danish (I think) company he made a small investment into is looking to start their Thorium reactors with existing nuclear waste.

3 Likes

I think a major driver of the market in the straight upwards direction is the quickly rising popularity of 0DTE ETFs. You might want to look at that horror show briefly, Chris. When it reverses, it should flash crash.

https://www.reuters.com/business/finance/new-etf-looks-tap-hot-market-zero-day-options-2023-09-14/

3 Likes

I am not familiar with Erik Townsend. The US did build a light water breeder reactor that converted Th232 into U233. It had a breeding ratio slightly above 1 which means that it made more fuel than it consumed. The problem with light water designs is that the neutron economy is awful. The better approach would be to build a reactor that has a harder neutron energy spectrum.

Many of the fission fragments are neutron poisons that will eventually limit how much energy you can extract from the fuel. If you use a moderator that has a low neutron absorption cross section (heavy water, carbon, helium 4), you can have a core with a lot of excess reactivity at the beginning of core life and get a much higher burnup. Note: excess reactivity is something an operator can use to maintain the core at full power during the operating cycle. A small amount of positive reactivity is frequently added to the core during the run cycle.

3 Likes

Been having this conversation now since shop class in 1974 when I was a freshman in High School, then we got Reagan and it’s been a race to the bottom since - have we advanced in any truly positive way since Carter’s Energy Speech?? “In October 1973, the Organization of Arab Petroleum Exporting Countries (OAPEC) announced that it was implementing a total oil embargo against the countries who had supported Israel at any point during the Fourth Arab–Israeli War”

2 Likes

Nice!

Any downsides to ICF in your experience?

2 Likes

Currency Controls are in the works. Here is a little piece of propaganda I’m a Bank Teller: 3 Times You Should Never Ask For $100 Bills at the Bank

2 Likes

I would love to have a monolithic dome home. We have the land but haven’t pulled the trigger yet. Its our BOL so we are spending more on our current location first.

I am OK with solar on individual home applications but totally against the destruction of good farm land to hold these ugly “solar farms”. I am OK with wind in certain locations and hydro too. I am fine with nuclear plants and agree we should be putting more development funding into this technology.

2 Likes

What in the world….?
I’ve never had an issue getting $100 bills from banks. And ATMs stock them just fine.

9 Likes

Aha, you must be one of those criminals they refer to.

2 Likes

The only issue that I noticed was that there was a cold joint between the 6" thick below grade and the 4" above grade portions of the exterior wall. The contractors did not clean it out well after tossing a bunch of gravel in the basement.

I told the primary contractor about it and he assured me that it would be cleaned out. It was not cleaned out and I found out about it after the fact when drilling through that area to run a cable.

Overall, I would go with ICF over stick built every time when building a house.

5 Likes

Do you have a thermal camera? Will it see the cold joint?

2 Likes