The Screaming Fundamentals For Owning Gold And Silver

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/gold-bubble-14-charts-facts-and-data-suggest-not

[quote]

Conclusion

As a percentage of assets, gold ownership remains negligible vis-à-vis assets such as equities and bonds. Ownership of gold is likely to be less than 2% of global investable assets. This is in marked contrast to the end of gold’s last bull market when gold and gold stocks accounted for over 20% of global assets.

Gold remains badly analysed, under-owned and under-appreciated. This will change in the coming months and years when the importance of gold as an investment and currency diversification and as a store of wealth is appreciated again.[/quote]

Actual analysis is quite detailed supported by data.  Seems timely in light of recent moves.

Doug

Look at Yahoo’s "news" on the stock market drop.
"By the end of the day there were few places left to hide. Gold, silver, crude and yields on Treasuries all fell sharply as traders looked for safety and were met by nothing but falling prices."

I guess they figure none of us have calculators.  I figured gold’s "drop" to be about 0.8% from closing yesterday, which is nothing more than normal fluctuation.  Treasury yields, on the other hand…:slight_smile:

Anyone else think its really strange that silver is frozen while gold goes to the moon?

The margin requirements are different for paper silver than gold and perhaps it’s more viewed as a commodity than gold.

a possibility-  silver has significant industrial demand, if industrial demand drops (or more accurately, the PROJECTED demand), so might silver?

http://5minforecast.agorafinancial.com/financial-death-by-extraction/

“Why isn’t silver following gold in its upward spiral?” a reader inquires somewhat breathlessly.

“Could it be that when wealthy gold bugs saw the newly created ‘paper’ millionaires that played the silver market, they forced, behind the scenes, the major hikes in margin requirements needed to trade silver? That move wiped out many traders who could not afford a can of beans now, let alone invest in silver…

“Gives you something to think about… the rich get richer, the poor get poorer and the middle class get wiped out on a billionaire’s whim or fear.”

The 5: Um, either that or silver has more industrial uses than gold. If traders perceive the economy’s going back into the tank, there’ll be less industrial demand for it.

I guess this thread got validated, at least in the short to medium term. 
Begs the question…is gold parabolic and too late to buy now?

CS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9O-k5MX0EI0

PM’s are a very very small market. Once it’s widely understood that they are the only real safe haven these small markets will be flooded.
At some point you won’t be able to buy physical at any price. So no. Its not too late.

It would be much better if things continued as they have to date, where great numbers of smaller investors grab a piece of the physical silver market.
From Money morning.

KITCO LYING
This is how the uber elites do their dirty work: they create associations, institutions and organizations with innocuous names that the reader is hypnotized into believing that they seek to do good and support their beliefs.
Silver Users Association, JStreet, World Gold Council, CFTC, Development Export Canada, Friends of the Middle East, Palestine4lovers, etc… all which create an image in the head of the reader to placate them and then do the exact opposite. Brilliant.
http://productivitymarket.com

[quote=Doug]So, if you haven’t reported your barter arrangements, you are running afoul of IRS rules.  It isn’t very strictly enforced, but it can be at the whim of the IRS.  Remember, there is no more powerful agency of gov’t than the IRS.  Going forward, we should assume every financial agreement (whether involving currency, commodity or services) is potentially a taxable event and we are functioning in at least a gray if not black market if we ignore the tax consequences.  Paranoia is a healthy reaction to such a financial environment.
Doug
[/quote]
I don’t hink it will be so easily enforced.  If things degrade to the extent that many of us think it may, and barter exchanges increase more and more, I have serious doubts as to the ability of the IRS to enforce anything that will be occurring on such a large scale.  Don’t forget, not all of the IRS “Agents of Destruction” are storm troopers.  Many of them might actually turn out to be your neighbors.  I’m not so sure there is anything about being an IRS agent that will make one immune to the coming storm.