Will You Starve to Death This Year?

Cargill Not Renew Turkey Farm Contract

While looking for a home in Virginia I came across a large turkey farm for sale. In description of property the owner noted Cargill will renew “current contract.” Approaching a famine why would Cargill not renew a contract to buy turkeys?
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2130-Wissler-Rd-Mount-Jackson-VA-22842/334412514_zpid/?

Community Gardens

There are community gardens in many places in the US. My mother uses one, and I am getting into one in my area.
Look for Community gardens, Victory gardens, etc in your local township.

Sorry, can’t address the tilapia ponds however traditional ponds are great. Like anything else they require time, work, and expense, especially in the start-up period. We dug a 3/4 acre pond in January this year. Stocked it with bluegill, shellcrackers, and sterile carp in February. We are currently harvesting duckweed for our garden and to use as mulch around plants, trees, etc. Really need to spray with flumioxacin.
Ponds are natural attractors of wildlife, birds, etc. Love to look out at the deer, egrets, and herons, however it’s become more difficult to free range our chickens as a pair of red foxes have moved in. The deer are eating the citrus, fig, avocado, peach, and apple trees we’ve planted. Time for venison. Be prepared for an increase in utility bills. We run aerators, and a fountain at times of high heat and lack of rain. We’re in Florida so vegetation/weeds really grow quickly and require regular maintenance. We’re retired and stay tired. Thankful we’re able to do it.
I suspect the tilapia ponds would also require much time and effort.