As The World Burns

Yes, WestcoastJan, they do it all the time. I saw some terrible examples of LEO’s coming on strong and as the aggressors, sometimes like blitzing someone. I saw several of these blitzing attacks against female protesters, who went flying when shoved at running force and in a surprise attack.
Twitter disabled those videos too.

The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
The B&M Gates Foundation
The BM Gates Foundation
The Bowel Movement Gates Foundation
The Sphincters Foundation
The Pair of Asses [trying to control the world]
(After all, what exactly is a bowel movement gate? And, what do we call the foundation for that unholy halo?)
Grover

40+ million Americans laid off within the past 9 weeks.
Q2 GDP now estimated to be down -50%.
Half of all small businesses in America don’t expect to survive the year.
Violent riots break out of control across the US this weekend.
And yet the market has simply powered higher and higher, making the 10% who own 84% of financial assets richer as the rest of the public falls into despair.
Note that tonight’s futures are green. A nation afire and at war with itself, suffering from historic twin health and economic crises, and yet the stock market, aka the “mood ring for the rich”, is smugly chipper – sending the signal “there’s no public tragedy great enough worth interrupting our plunder of the system for our self-benefit”
(I find it very telling that the headline below was invalided within moments of posting):

A common police tactic in protest situations is to escalate the violence themselves, hoping demonstrators will respond in kind, giving them an excuse to use even more excessive force. At the Occupy Wall Street protests in 2011, police intentionally verbally, physically and sexually assaulted the smallest, oldest and weakest women in an attempt to provoke violent reactions, according to former New York Times journalist Chris Hedges. The tactic appears to be in operation across the country. Memphis police were caught singling out a woman from a crowd, shouting “get the girl in the grey hoodie” before swarming her. In Salt Lake City, police threw an elderly man with a cane to the ground. In Seattle, cops brutalized a protester, one officer leaning his knee on the man’s neck in exactly the same manner as Chauvin used to kill Floyd. In Houston, a mounted police officer trampled a female bystander looking the other way, as the horse advanced into a seemingly peaceful, passive crowd. In Minneapolis, researcher Tanya Kersson shared video footage of amped up police attacking her on her own property, firing at her and her house. Before doing so, an officer can be heard giving the order to “light ‘em up,” an expression used by the military when bombing the Middle East. Back in New York City, images emerged of police assaulting a young woman, Dounya Zayer, shouting that she was a “stupid fucking bitch,” before throwing her to the ground. Footage shows she was quickly backing up, attempting to avoid confrontation. Zayer ended up in the hospital due to her injuries. Cops in Erie, PA, were caught on camera kicking a young girl lying in the street in the face. The reason, according to protesters, she was lying in the street covering her face was that she had been hit with tear gas. ... Between 1998 and 2014 the value of military hardware given to U.S. police departments ballooned from $9.4 million to $796.8 million. ...Yet at the same time as budgets for police hardware have gone through the roof, funding for public hospitals has decreased, leading to a situation where police officers resemble robocop or Iron Man and doctors are told to wear garbage bags to protect themselves from a pandemic.
Bold my emphasis. You tell me - Fourth Turning manifesting in real time, in living colour (?) Sure looks like it!

Wash spray? Oh please don’t. Sure if your life was in danger, but that stuff is considered poison for a reason.

A whole flock of ‘em. All at once.
Thanks to dtrammel and all here for helping me do my preps in Jan-Feb, before supplies ran out. Elderberry and vitamins throughout March prepared me for what may have been a mild encounter in April with a low “inoculum”, as Chris was discussing often around that time. It was almost an exhilarating experience to forget the fear and get past five days of mild symptoms for one in the 70s age group. Goddam lucky this didn’t come along 10 years later, and now have better ideas how to be ready for other new viruses when I may be more vulnerable.
I’ll get antibody test when they’re really ready, right now I’m enjoying the ambiguity of being in the mystery zone. :wink:
The economic question people need to ask is, Why are there billionaires? Really, WHY? I’m getting food parcels to several hundred hungry conflict refugee families for $8-10 each. And I ain’t no billionaire. I must have missed the memo somewhere about Must Accumulate More. Die with the most ETFs?
And for the world, as we’ve hit the planetary boundaries, Are we going to ease the populations and consumption down, or let 7+ billion people starve to death? Logically, to me, that’s the course we’re on, if not outright extinction.
We’ve dropped the CO2 and cleared many skies, and this has to be showing us what we could accomplish under new living arrangements. Otherwise, as Clint’s Josey Wales said to the bounty hunter trying to cash in, "Dyin’ ain’t much of a livin’, boy."
Coyotes are in some kind of conflict out back, gotta go check see…
Again, thanks to all for contributing your wisdom so generously. THIS is what the internet is/was supposed to be about, and, given the right setting, people will give their best.

Hi Klaatu,
Sorry that I’m a nerdistanic a*hole, but all these events do not qualify as Black Swans. A pandemic is improbable, but not deemed impossible, hence not a black swan.
I think that prepping to a certain extent is highly rational behavior (as long as the “investment portfolio” truely convex). What does it say about the general populace and MSM, that considered preppers as “goofballs” uptill a few weeks ago?
Calling events black swans makes it seem as if we couldn’t do anything. White swan events that we see now are bad enough, especially if we do not want to bear the costs of anti-fragile behavior.
Other than that, I totally agree with you about the wisdom spread via PP.
take care!

Mots. I get it about local resiliency. Building local wealth that can sustain a local community through a crisis. Yet can’t help but wonder how a local community can retain that wealth when it still exists in the context of a system designed to extract value from those that produce it and put it in the pockets of the .1%? Shouldn’t we be, at the very least, demanding a return to sound money? Things to ponder while weeding the raised beds.

Is there evidence of these claims?

1. that Gates is the major donor to WHO (given much uproar over Trump halting the USA donations as they are the largest donor…)
  2. that Gates Foundation has blackmailed WHO? How would that work, given that all WHO decisions are made by committees of representatives of the ~190 member countries? Is he claiming that all are being blackmailed?
    Gates FOundation is certainly big on vaccinations (among other things) and RFK is certainly against all vaccinations, so I can see why he doesn’t like Gates Foundation.
    And Gates personally criticised Trump’s handling of the pandemic, so he’s not popular with some people. He’s also apparently a common topic of the social media bots which foment anger and spread fake news. Much of which appears to be catching on and being repeated.
    Sigh. I really feel for you folks (Americans, and those in adjoining countries). So many difficult things to deal with all at once.

Everything I’m seeing says the rioters are dominating the poor behavior narrative and the tragedy is that, to a large extent, they are attacking people and businesses that are not responsible for any of the grievances they are supposedly rioting about.
Additionally, unless they stop looting small businesses, I’m personally never going to consider their cause legitimate.
Finally, the riot is focused poorly. People misbehave, whites, African Americans, Asians. Individuals from every race misbehave. Every event is not one entire race against another.
Racism is the term applied to people who blame an entire race for the shortcomings of it’s least respectable members.
I’d be more likely to support a national riot against the government or the banking system, than what’s happening, especially if no random looting was involved.

This situation started in MN and it really appears that the officer involved used excessive force and he will most likely do some serious jail time for it, as he should. However, according to a study last year cops in the US are not blatantly racist. The media seems to keep pushing that “racist cops” narrative and I am suspicious as to why? Could it be that we are being divided as a people to make us easier to control? The agent provocateurs going around turning protests into riots are quite interesting too. I like data and a bunch of what has been happening in this country lately doesn’t add up. What am I missing?
https://msutoday.msu.edu/news/2019/the-truth-behind-racial-disparities-in-fatal-police-shootings/

Wow, what are you missing? Just spend some time studying the “Crash Course,” available for free on this site. It will give you some perspective.
This situation did not start in MN. It has been coming for years, even decades. We are now in the Fourth Turning and you just can’t put the milk back into the cow. You may find the starting point to our situation in the ideal of perpetual growth for the sake of growth. The three E’s are key … Economic policies, Environmental policies and Energy policies. Grow, grow, grow. These three components of the overall system are so far out of balance, now. Pain is everywhere.
We have front row seats for viewing the turning. Work on getting yourself resilient, get yourself out of the line of fire and sit back and watch.
Start with the “Crash Course.” Really, watch the “Crash Course.” It’s a bit out of date but the principles still apply.

From a tweet that I read…
“I gotta be honest the worst looting I’ve ever seen take place happened a few weeks ago when corporations collected over 500 billion dollars in stimulus money while everyone else was left with a $1200 dollar check and having to decide if they pay for food or rent.”

Which is why I said I’d be more supportive of a riot against the government and bankers. This riot, IMHO, is not targeting the worst bad guys. I think it’s dividing us when we can’t afford it and wasting energy that could be better used elsewhere.
The looters aren’t the biggest thieves in the US? True, but they are thieves.

As Gerald Celente says, “People with nothing to lose, lose it.”
You don’t see people with fat bank accounts and stock portfolios out there looting.
I am not sanctioning what they are doing … just trying to understand.
It’s about perspective. Like the farmer who was castrating the bull with the two bricks when asked “doesn’t that hurt?” He responded, “you don’t feel a thing as long as you keep your fingers from between the bricks.” No concern for the bull. And what does that bull do when he is let back up … run, charge, rage?
Maybe there are some callous people with big portfolios who enjoy profiting along with the banksters at the expense of those who cannot. Ah, the pensions! And the swelling financial markets! Keep it coming! People are struggling, if not starving. Hospitals can’t get supplies. Our police look like armies, armed to the teeth with the latest and best weaponry. Guess the wealth had to go somewhere.
Nothing that a knee to the neck won’t resolve …
Our ancestors used to cut the feet off of the slaves who tried too many times to escape their harsh conditions. Who’s side are we on this time?

So, George Floyd was killed by a thug cop because he tried to pass off a phony bill at a convenience store. It was an alleged case of counterfeiting.
But the Fed prints up trillions of dollars based on nothing more than the manipulation of a keyboard and the authority to do so.
Perhaps some thug cops (of whom there is no shortage) will kneel on the necks of the hyper-rich until they die? (Don’t hold your breath–we’d have to go longer than Floyd was able to.)
What the hell is the problem with passing off fake money anyway? The argument used to be that unchecked counterfeiting would damage the value of the currency–but how can that be a problem now? It’s absurd to uphold laws against counterfeiting at a time when the Fed is dumping actual tons of fiat bank notes into the monetary system.
At least the person who made Floyd’s bill–and Floyd himself may not have known it was counterfeit–had to put a lot of time and skill into producing the fake. (I would like to see the bill in question. Probably an impressive bit of art.)
It has become surreal. Preposterous. Who gives a rat’s backside if a member of the underclass is trying to get a few bucks worth of goods using a bum note when the entire monetary system has been critically and probably mortally wounded by members of the elite class so that they can continue to prosper while the working-class fear they’ll be dumpster-diving for survival before this is over.
There’s no fixing this. It has gotten too weird. The unfairness factor has created a whole new pandemic.

Which is why I said I’d be more supportive of a riot against the government and bankers. This riot, IMHO, is not targeting the worst bad guys. I think it’s dividing us when we can’t afford it and wasting energy that could be better used elsewhere.
I'm not sure what you're expecting but there will always be miscreants out there taking advantage of a situation and looting and doing other bad behaviour during a protest. That will never go away. That doesn't diminish the message of the majority of the protesters. And from what I hear the media isn't really paying attention to the many peaceful protesters, they focus on the few bad ones.

Just expand the fractal out to include the year 2001.

The Term Black Swan doesn’t mean that you can’t be prepared for it; It is more so that it cannot be predicted and is of very large consequence.
However, you can be prepared for the unknown and unexpected if you do not fall for the “unobserved = unobservable” fallacy. The convexity of the system is dependent on its bottom up localized structure so that any error is small in scale and can be learned from; thereby strengthening the whole.
As Taleb often alludes to, in the case of Pandemic, as in the financial crisis, the beneficial role of Federal Government / Monetary policy is not to centralize, thereby creating the environment for much larger potential systemic errors (fragile), but to serve as a support system for more localized governments to tinker and effectuate policy whose potential “smaller” errors can be learned from thereby strengthening the whole (Antifragile).
He believes that Monetary Policy can serve as the Novacaine in unfavorable cycles but should not be confused for the necessary “tooth extraction”. You cannot “fix” a rotten tooth by simply using limitless novacaine.

This is the way it starts. This mess is widespread, not a single riot in a single city. First it’s chaotic. But, give it time. The chaos and pain often births change. Without some relief, given more time, some leaders will step-up. They may organize those with bad behavior (and others) into a power to advance some leaders twisted agenda. Think of Hitler and others…
We may get change. But will it be a change for the better?
For the time being, I enjoy my comfortable spot on the beach, tending to my garden. My plan is to stay out of the line of fire. But then, Sherman did burn a path through the South. I’m sure unrest came to plenty who intended to stay out of the line of fire.
Time for me to go tend to the powdery mildew on my canteloupe’s, zucchini’s, yellow squash and spaghetti squash. It’s all over the garden.
I canned ten jars of dill pickles last night. The second canning of the season. And, I have other vegetables to preserve this afternoon.