Audio Analysis Is Most Consistent Two Shooters At Trump Rally

No, I am not.

I used geometry to determine the rough angle based on the distance and heights.

Then I pathed it out to see if that angle clears the height of the fence at the estimated distance.

What I am saying is: that fence is not 6 feet at the AGR sections. It has been sagged.

The rifle ABSOLUTELY can be shot from any point in an open window, up to and including the top 6 inches. Why on earth would you think it couldn’t??

1 Like

Did you try autocorrelation?

sorry, my knowledge with riffles is very limited, once again if you give me the height of the riffle and the height of the fence in absolute numbers (including the 2 foot floor level difference (AGR building 1335, Fence 1337) then I would be glad to look at it again.

You convinced me shots 1-3 came from the vent to right of window 3. Window 3 may have been used as a spotter location, though.

The changing appearance of the center window in the Stewart video is puzzling to be sure. That window shows so much more variation than the other windows, but when I compare the Stewart video with “boosted cops” video I do see some of the difference is from reflections. If the red in the window is a reflection, the red piece of farm equipment would be the likelier candidate for the source of the reflection - but I’m dubious.

As offtheback pointed out, the audio of the boosted cop’s dash cam is clearly faked as far as the bullet sounds go, so we can probably assume any incriminating evidence would have been scrubbed from any videos that have been in the hands of the police or FBI.

Well, think of it this way, imagine how small the vent is? You can place that same size in any portion of the 3rd window, preferably across the top.

A sniper absolutely could position themselves that high if they have free reign of the room to plan and setup.

It’s no different than them climbing into a ceiling.

2 Likes

No, I don’t have any mathy programs that might help me with that. I’m just using a DAW, like for making techno.

Yes, I agree, your analysis is theoretically possible, comparing to people still talking about shots from the water tower and other places… I don’t want to discredit your hypothesis; therefore, you have convinced me to keep it into the yellow zone… our hypothesis from the vent and your hypothesis from the upper window are so close, which makes me think we are very close to finding out what really happened…

Together we are strong!

2 Likes

If you can export the raw data (into .csv file), you can use excel to calculate.

Do you know if Google Sheets has the functionality?

I’m off and on busy, but when I have the chance, hopefully this weekend, I’ll post a reply with what I used for my rough estimates.

How to Import a CSV into Google Sheets: 3 Best Methods

(Actually I use LibreOffice instead.)

Hopefully someone from the congressional committee, or Representatives Eli Crane and Cory Mills will be able to try to reproduce the sound of the shots from the roof of the AGR building.

I agree with offtheback’s questions about this analysis. When shots 1-3 and 4-8 sound totally different and have different snick-boom times, AND backtracing bullet one leads to the vent, I still lean toward the vent for shots 1-3.

Sorry, I don’t mean importing a CSV. I mean, does it have the weird autocorrelation calculation stuff? How about if I give you a CSV with sample data from the WAVs?

Sample Usage
CORREL(A2:A100,B2:B100)

Actually I’m looking for the audio file to check it myself.

1 Like

It’s this video. Just download it and extract the critical audio with ffmpeg like I mentioned.

1 Like

If I’m wrong my alma mater may come yank one or both my math degrees from me, but I think your calculations as to the initial velocities here are wrong. If you are using the following formula I pulled from your video:

You are only using the velocity of the bullet at the time its sound is recorded. I think the second factor in that equation should be using the average velocity (Using the average would be simplifying a more complex factor).

I got an average velocity of 2900 fps with a .220 snick-boom time, 420 foot distance and 1150 speed of sound. If one assumes the average velocity is 94% of muzzle velocity, then muzzle velocity is 3085 fps.

3 Likes

this is so true…

this makes me so sad:

• hereby you prove again that you have no idea how to use any tool to calculate these things yourself
  • and you also prove that you are IGNORING all inputs with regards to the elevations of AGR building 6 and the fence height and seem to be using the floor levels of 884-3 rather than 884-5.

AGR #6 is set in an depression and you have to calculate the rise of the ground from there to the fence line and add the difference, to the height of the fence vs the window height.

a couple of supporting images from Gary’s video:

and based on drone footage that has been independently made (on the same day as Gary’s survey) by RoughCountryGypsy:

1 Like

Hi Sgt Raven,

Yes, of which I did, see below. The AGR is at 1335 and the position of the fence is at 1337. Which gives you an offset of 2 feet…

1 Like