Defeat the Mandates March on D.C.

Chris, I believe the turnout reflects the effectiveness of censorship, fearmongering, and ultimately disconnection among those of us who support each other in this. Would have loved to have done more to spread the word, but a.) I have only a handful, 3-5 like-minded “friends” and b.) I am not willing to take the backlash on social media to promote these ideas and events. And before anyone bites my head off for saying it, my hesitation is due to the lack of support I know I would receive. If I had more support I would be willing to take more risks. It’s a vicious cycle. We need to be able to connect with each other, on a local level. I appreciate that you are offering the opportunity to network during your event this week, and I plan to attend. However, I think it would be a massive service overall to develop this site in a manner that allows us to form local communities. We’re vulnerable because we’re not in the middle of the herd. I cannot emphasize enough how important I believe it is for sites like this to make a user-friendly platform for creating local networks. I suspect fear, and lack of support and awareness were the primary reasons for the lack of attendance today. We can resolve these concerns when we can get connected and build momentum for these and other events.

29 Likes

I pulled up a livestream on Youtube near the start of the event, just as the speakers were walking toward the platform. I was horrified but not the least bit surprised when the screen faded to black, and messaging along the lines of ‘this livestream has ended’ popped up. If I were in college today, no matter what my politics, my reaction to this would be ‘what is it they don’t want me to watch?’ Here’s hoping that word will continue to spread through networking about the courageous medical professionals and others who took to the podium to take a stand for medical rights!

6 Likes

RFK Jr. spoke, and we just updated the story with some choice quotes form him and many other speakers.

5 Likes

I’m assuming there is background to this snark?
He explained last night during the PP/DH podcast.

4 Likes

I watched live and yes, the turn-out was on the smaller side. However, watching the passion, anger and joy, a full spectrum of emotions of the speakers touched me. I am both proud and humbled to be part of this team, as we continue the fight. We are just BEGINNING.

15 Likes

Thanks WhoKnew79 for providing Peak the pics from today. I will get more from Mr. Wick, Dan, KarenF and more. You are all the best and we will share.

4 Likes

35000 ain’t small

4 Likes

Where do you stay at an event like this? How do you get there? Facilities? I have limited mobility due to a broken foot with surgical plates and no cartilidge. It looks you are on your feet all day. Bad idea to go?

1 Like

Who came up with the 35,000 number ?
I’m not good at estimating crowds. I think it was more than 20,000 for sure, but I was disappointed by the turnout.
I’d like to be optimistic and say this is just the beginning.

8 Likes

Could it be the lower than expected turnout was due to the Supreme Court overturning Biden’s vaccine mandates? Still that’s still not a bad turnout. Europe’s turnouts were much, much lower in the beginning and now they are hitting six figures. Lets be reasonable that the buildup in protests takes time. The MSM is not helping by refusing to cover or mention the DC gathering.

9 Likes
  1. Spouse turned on the news. There was maybe a minute, 1.5 minutes on the rally/protest at the beginning of the news. Showed what seemed to me a large crowd. I wasn’t listening carefully but I didn’t catch any disparaging remarks. Then the news very briefly covered the protests in Europe.
6 Likes

A college football game can turn 80k in an average stadium today. How the heck could we not get a 160k people to turn out for this.

6 Likes

Kept you all in prayer last night and today.

7 Likes

16 Likes

A lot of people here are talking about being disappointed by the turnout. I watched the Highwire’s recording of it and thought it was amazing. I bet there were may others who watched it online as well and I think getting a tally of how many watched it live online and the various recordings will be important too. Also, the Epoch Times reported that this was one of the largest anti-mandate/anti-vaccine/anti-lockdown protests in the US so another way to look at this turnout is that the movement is growing.
Additionally, it was great seeing those three live performances from HiRez and Jimmy Levy plus the other artists and speakers. Overall, I think this was really good and can be a stepping stone for future efforts.

24 Likes

I know a neighbor, whose 12 year old child got Omicrook, and recovered without any doctor visits and just with OTC meds. That was at the beginning of the week.
Learn yesterday that the neighbor took 12 year to pharmacy, and got child the booster shot, and now the child is feverish again.
Fear is real, the neighbor is no Dumbo, very successful professional and seems to be a avid reader.

11 Likes

I thought having had Covid in the last 90 days was a contra indication.
Kathy

9 Likes

Many people at the march today actually traveled quite a distance to DC. Clearly, few can afford to do that, just considering the cost of transportation and lodging.
The real shame is that “locals” were so under-represented. If you stripped out those that are from outside of Northern VA, the turn out was truly disappointing.
Perhaps living so close to DC, people have lost the ability to recognize tyrannical rulers even if they hit them with a brick twice an hour. Who knows.

12 Likes
Passionate Muslim and Jewish religious leaders, but no rep from Christian mainline churches. As a Roman Catholic, very disappointed in the RC episcopacy and the pope. It appears that the leadership of the mainline Christian denominations are simply now arms of the state.
Many that I know went on prayer vigils for the vaccine to arrive. Tells you something?
9 Likes

Makes them feel safe and protected. Although events like this are useful, they are not too far different than having a rally to “end cheeseburgers”. Yes, there are things wrong with them, but people eat 'em anyway.

8 Likes