Have A Positive Covid Test Result?

The lockdowns are based on surging “cases” which are based on positive PCR test results. However, what exactly is a positive PCR test result? What does it mean?

I’ll answer that and give you the answer to the most important question you should ask if you or a loved one gets a positive PCR test result. “What’s the Cycle Threshold (CT) value for that test?”

Sounds wonky but it’s actually really important to understand. A low CT value means someone is loaded with virus. A high value, oppositely, means less of a viral load.

Beyond a certain level the load is insufficient to either infect someone else or be of any clinical or epidemiological relevance whatsoever.

The problem? Governments all over the country and world are basing their decisions on CT values that are very high. Too high.

[embed]https://youtu.be/eWqNl4UUlH0[/embed]

Today’s Links:

DISCLAIMER: THIS WEBSITE DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE The information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, images, videos and other material contained on this website are for informational and educational purposes only. No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment and before undertaking a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://peakprosperity.com/have-a-positive-covid-test-result/

Seems like a waste of time and money as somebody in my age bracket has about a 99.9% chance of surviving covid 19. I see no reason to open a pandoras box of lockdowns, quarantines, and who knows what else if I were to get a positive test result.
Unfortunately, we just dont live in a time and place where its safe to share certain information. The trust in the institutions just isnt there anymore, and with good reason IMO.

Thanks to Dr. Martenson’s previous video, this just confirms what we knew several weeks ago. So, lots of unnecessary fall out. I am not saying there is no reason to test someone without symptoms… But its only because they had been exposed , or some other reason… To blanket test all people or people who are not ill , makes no sense at all to me… Not saying they cannot be presymptomatic… But we know even in those instances , the test would say they are negative when they are not. This was actually a stance and guidline for testing by the CDC for a short period of time, before they reversed on that… And that was finally something I agreed with the CDC , then they reverse it… Go, figure… So I am like Dr, Martenson, throwing my hands up… what gives?

Just to be clear on how this PCR test works – are they testing after each cycle, or only at the end of the prescribed number of cycles?
A) they run 40 cycles and then test and say “positive,” or
B) are they doing it like The Count where they say 19 cycles = negative, 20 cycles = negative, 21 cycles = positive, ha, ha, ha and then stop the test (or maybe continue on just because it’s automated)

On tests. are they actually returning the quantitative results… or just positive or negative. I am guessing they are actually getting quantitative results , but returning an objective result as positive or negative. So , how do you ask the lab or dr for a more meaningful result?

We had a similar situation happen to us last February about 2 weeks before the shut downs. In the first week of February the two of us visited our daughter, son-in law and grand daughter in Minneapolis. Suppose to be very few cases there at that time. Daughter works in a clinic as a physician assistant. She had a very painful sounding cough at the time and the baby was sick with Flu A. We visited for 5 days and came back to northern Minnesota. After just a few days my wife got a bad sore throat, extreme fatigue, sore joints. She was in bed for 10 days. After about 5 days in bed she went to the local clinic to get tested for Flu A and strep throat. Both negative. No covid test were available at that time. We both had been vaccinated for Influenza A that fall. We had no access to any medications that would be beneficial to a covid infection. She recovered after about 10 days in bed and I had a tightness in my chest for about 10 days with no other symptoms. I went for a walk in the subzero weather for about 2 hours every morning as is my habit and it helped my breathing a lot. Nobody believes we had covid and there is no way to find out if we did. I am in my 70s and my wife is five years younger.

I understand from following the Seattle flu study (which takes swabs from willing volunteers with flu-like symptoms and flagged the first then known Covid-19 infection in Seattle area Jan 2020) that the most common viral causes of flu-like symptoms (not in any order) are:

Influenza.A.H3N2,

Influenza.A.H1N1,

Influenza.B.,

(Respiratory syncytial virus) RSV.A,

RSV.B,

Rhinovirus,

Human_coronavirus

Human_metapneumovirus

Human_parainfluenza

I no longer work in clinical medicine, but understand from colleagues that there was a very bad respiratory infection going around pre-Covid, and it most likely was either one of these two: parainfluenza or a meta-pneumonia virus. These both can have longer incubations up to a week. https://www.cdc.gov/surveillance/nrevss/hmpv/clinical.html https://www.cdc.gov/parainfluenza/hcp/clinical.html https://www.cdc.gov/parainfluenza/about/symptoms.html

I wouldn’t think zebras if I hear hooves. Back a year ago yes… But basically, people have been or should be taking NPI to reduce spread… Since coronavirus is less fragile than the fore mentioned, those will be suppressed. Its my opinion , but early empirical experience was in agreement with this in asia last winter. I know we do not take as draconian NPI’s as they do, but I believe the same would hold true.
Additionally, I am under the impression its not just seasons that suppress the flu , but lack of children in school. Which we are seeing as well now.

This government of Ontario (and Canada) document appears to say that CT thresholds are not important and should not even be included in reports. Am I misreading this?

Some experts have argued that Ct values should be provided routinely on laboratory reports to assist with clinical and public health decision making.4 This may be applicable in a limited setting where healthcare providers only receive reports from a single laboratory, and can be educated about the test performance and Ct value characteristics of a particular assay. However, in complex laboratory network environments, such as in Ontario, where specimens may be tested at one of several laboratories (> 40 laboratories conducting SARS-CoV-2 rRT-PCR in the province on a variety of different extraction and PCR platforms), utility of such reporting is questionable. Moreover, test results are received and reviewed by a myriad of healthcare providers, as well as patients, with varying understanding of Ct values. As such, the inclusion of Ct values on laboratory reports issued in Ontario (and Canada) is not recommended - they are of limited utility if used in isolation when interpreting the rRT-PCR result. In the rare, specific scenarios where it is thought that the Ct value might inform clinical or public health management, clinical and public health providers should contact the testing laboratory to discuss Ct interpretation, in the context of the epidemiology and clinical scenario, with the microbiology team.

https://medical.mit.edu/sites/default/files/false-positive.png

I live in Belgium, maybe the situation here is different than in the US.

When I asked if there is any information about the CT-values on the test-report, the doctor just said no. (fortunately the test was negative)

I have never had Covid, but I am absolutely certain that when I need a doctor and ask for ivermectin or the MATH+ protocol, they will just say no.

As a patient or even as a citizen, you have nothing to say. Nothing else that to say “No” also…

https://laegemiddelstyrelsen.dk/da/nyheder/temaer/ny-coronavirus-covid-19/vacciner-og-medicin-til-behandling-mod-covid-19/~/media/3A4B7F16D0924DD8BD157BBE17BFED49.ashx

Would you please name the ‘meds that can’t be named’? Given how you appeared to beat whatever was ailing you, that information just seems too important to not be specified. Thanks.

Sad that we do not get values for the patient or practitioner to interpret… Now I will go ahead and say the with all the others… the virus is a hoax// yes its hoax becasue we are defrauded on real numbers. purposely gammed . this is not good science at all

Would you please name the 'meds that can't be named'? Given how you appeared to beat whatever was ailing you, that information just seems too important to not be specified. Thanks.
The Math+ Protocol is my favorite found here. Follow this and the odds will ever be in your favor: To this (and to the Zelenko below) I would add: - Selenium (200ug/day) If symptomatic: - Famotidine (Pepcid) - Doxycycline and/or azithromycin And there's the Zelenko Protocol found here and reproduced as an image below: ++++++++++++++ I am personally following the EVMS with the add ons as my preferred protocol. But the Zelenko is useful too, I just have a lot more faith in Ivermectin at this point...but I cannot think of any reason for *most* people to now also include HCQ along with ivermectin. After all, billions of doses without a single recorded case of sudden heart failure gives me great comfort in the safety profile (at least according to the pre-Covid W.H.O.).

Chris
As you know, a Portuguese court recently reviewed the the methods and protocols behind the PCR test and ruled that the tests as currently employed are totally without value.
https://www.theautomaticearth.com/2020/12/pcr-tests-and-covid-vaccines-are-useless/
And from the news network That Shall Not Be Mentioned:> https://www.rt.com/op-ed/507937-covid-pcr-test-fail/
And the original: https://academic.oup.com/cid/advance-article/doi/10.1093/cid/ciaa1491/5912603
The bottom line: A positive PCR test result at 40 amplifications (a magnification factor of a trillion) has a 97% probability of being a false positive from the standpoint of infectivity.
The standard amplification level used in France is reportedly 50. Is it any wonder France has experienced a huge second wave of new “cases?”
Then scroll down to the section which discusses the testing protocols behind the freight train of approval of mRNA based vaccines. Public mass testing of totally unproven genetic alterations. The goal of the Gates Foundation to have everyone in the world vaccinated and have a ID control chip implanted is starting to seem more than mere madness but an actual plan of the maddest of the Malignant Overlords.

So you need to take an international flight. You had a mild case of Corvid19 two months ago. Good luck passing the required PCR test even though you are now immune and totally incapable catching or passing on the disease. Not a problem— although your boss will have to let you go because of failure to perform the requirements of your position.

My brother in law is a top exec. at one of the companies that supplies a 30 minute PCR test. He was kind enough to ask one of the scientists for an explanation of Ct thresholds pin layman’s terms.
“Each PCR test is different so it is really hard to say what the Ct should be. Depending on the primers/probes and other conditions, determines the number of cycles for the test and the cut off.

If there are 35 cycles and the test goes positive with a Ct of 32 that would be considered a “low” positive, almost at max threshold. If the test goes positive at Ct of 20, that would a strong positive meaning more virus was probably present from start. However, this is all dependent on sample collection/quality.

Higher Ct value could most likely be associated with lesser chance of infection but again depends on sample quality and also when the test is performed. A negative PCR test today does not mean that you are not infected – could be that they were just infected and levels are not yet high enough to detect. “

Just went over to the lab to ask, here is what I learned.
Lab tech did not know, so she looked it up in the pack insert that comes with the machine. The CT cut off is set by the manufactorer and was found to be 125, this is for Priority 1 test. I asked a follow up question about positive test and whether CT values are included, the answer was no. The only value provided, at least to the knowledge of this lab tech was, either positive or negative. Asking what CT value a positive test was found at, current, would just leave people here at this hospital scratching their heads.
RH

Back when Chris did his Sept video on this subject I looked for Alberta Govt policy on PCR thresholds.
It read similarly to what Ontario has said. Basically, “We are aware that some people think thresholds above 35 can be a problem, but we are not ready to have any specific policy.”

Being an outsider to healthcare I wasn’t sure what to make of it but the cynic in me read it as “Until the evidence is so overwhelming that we would look foolish, we will run as many damned cycles as we like”.

Its a good window into how the citizens end up being simultaneously under quarantine because of a 47 cycle test but also dissuaded from doing anything that might help them if they did develop the disease.

Everyone is punting to the guy further up the chain of command because apparently science gains power as you move up. When the things discussed here become common knowledge it wont be the fault of anyone in particular.