Honey Badger Virus Video Update

The scene in the movie The Day After (free on YouT00b I believe) near the beginning when the husband is herding everyone into the shelter and Mom is nowhere to be seen… and she is making beds… is typical of what is happening now. Worth seeing the film again.
There is another film which is good to watch called After Armageddon (2011) which has a timeline similar to ours. It’s not spectacular cinematography, but it’s not all blood and gore either.

This interview of the WHO officer who went to China to see first hand what happens there, is very interesting
https://www.vox.com/2020/3/2/21161067/coronavirus-covid19-china
here is a small quote:
“China took a whole bunch of steps when they realized they had to repurpose big chunks of their hospital systems to [respond to the outbreak]. The first thing is, they said testing is free, treatment is free. Right now, there are huge barriers [to testing and treatment] in the West. You can get tested, but then you might be negative and have to foot the bill. In China, they realized those were barriers to people seeking care, so, as a state, they took over the payments for people whose insurance plans didn’t cover them. They tried to mitigate those barriers.
The other thing they did: Normally a prescription in China can’t last for more than a month. But they increased it to three months to make sure people didn’t run out [when they had to close a lot of their hospitals]. Another thing: Prescriptions could be done online and through WeChat [instead of requiring a doctor appointment]. And they set up a delivery system for medications for affected populations.”

11 thousand from wuhan came to Thailand in January ALONE. Kinda hard to see how they have this virus contained. They never stopped recieving Chinese flights either. They have no cases because they’re like the USA: they’re not testing. Chris, I don’t agree with your provisional assessment here.

Hi Broadspectrum, Well this biofilm sounds like some pretty nasty super stealthy stuff straight out of a pandemic disaster movie. Apparently near indestructible, thankfully you revealed how to penetrate it’s protective armor:
“The truth is, there are only three ways to fully penetrate biofilm and get a surface truly clean:
1. High-pressure, high-heat steam cleaning; concentrated on the area for long periods, OR
2. Manually scraping and breaking away the biofilm, OR”
Don’t leave us hanging! What’s the third and only other way to defeat this beast??
If this biofilm is as nasty and resilient as you’ve described, then I’m amazed that humans have survived through the millennia given such tiny and mighty adversaries.
Thanks for the info and any links for further reading on this.

I was at our local Boise-area, Idaho Costco last Friday, 2-28 and Sunday, 3-1. Sunday there was much less toilet paper and only the Kirkland brand. The dog food was very low.The Kirkland brand I buy was down to 10 bags of 35lbs. each.
But people were not buying much in the way of long-term supplies. The mood was positive. “It can’t happen here” seems to be the mentality.
I posted a warning about corona virus and prepping on our local NextDoor app to gauge local sentiment. Nearly 90% of replies were “don’t panic-it’s the Democrats trying to make Trump look bad.” I will not be giving them supplies when )@^* hits the fan!

This map of 5G rollout has some interesting similarities to the places in the world where this epidemic is really taking off. It could be coincidence as these are also some of the more “connected” places commercially, but we’ll see going forward if the correlation holds. https://www.speedtest.net/ookla-5g-map

For example, studies on vitamin E in the form of dl-alpha tocopherol have revealed problems despite the fact that this is a common synthetic form of vitamin E used in cheap vitamin/mineral supplements. Vitamin E is the form of d-alpha tocopherol works better. Vitamin E with full spectrum tocopherols (i.e. alpha, beta, gamma, delta) works even better. Vitamin E with full spectrum tocopherols and tocotrienols work even better. So, yes, I would agree with you that whole foods are best but there are whole food supplements which work very well also as compared to synthetic vitamins and/or vitamins without their naturally occurring co-factors.
I personally experienced that difference with synthetic vitamin B complex versus food based vitamin B complex derived from dessicated liver and brewer’s yeast. The efficacy in eliminating lone atrial fibrillation (in combination with omega-3 fatty acids and colloidal magnesium) was day and night.
Vitamin C in its purest form, ascorbic acid, will not be as effective as vitamin C in the form of a complex with bioflavonoids. Vitamin C with bioflavonoids will not be as effective as a food based vitamin C powder supplement. For example, a food based vitamin C powder made from amla, acerola, camu camu, and kiwi would be a much more fair comparison to an apple and may very well blow it away in terms of bio-available vitamin C and resulting health effects. That would be a much more fair comparison but I can virtually guarantee you the studies were not made with that kind of comparison.
That being said, the apple has other virtues in terms of fiber, quercetin, and a host of other phytonutrients. Whole foods are best, yes, but try to have fresh fruit containing vitamin C in a long term survival situation. Pretty difficult to impossible, especially in harsher northern urban climates where someone may not be able to forage and make something like pine needle tea. That’s where food based vitamin/mineral supplements could be life savers.

What do we say to the God of Death?

"Not today." --- If it gets bad out there, this Spring or in the Fall, then whenever you step thru the door to leave, say that. "I will not get sick today."

Thank you for posting this piece. Very good find. I read the entire piece, but I could not figure out what concentration of NACL was used. (Is had the concentration used but I did to understand the symbols.) Specifically, a recipe stating X amount of NACL to X amount of water. I am assuming we should saturate the outer surface, of the mask , prior to use & then let it air dry. I am also not sure if we should re-spray a used mask after each use or how long the destabilizing effect of the NACL last, once saturated.
Does anyone out there know the answers to these questions? If so, this is a fantastically effective method that costs mere pennys & means you can re-use masks indefinitely, assuming they are no so soiled you see debris on them. It also inactivates a virus by two separate methods. Genius.

https://sciencing.com/prepare-supersaturated-salt-water-solutions-8559439.html
not sure if simple saturation is needed, or “super saturation” as described here.

can you send the link again? The one you posted was not working for me.

Thanks

Patrick

The big problem with spraying salt onto a mask is that crystals will form and the function of the mask will probably degrade since the very small fibers will be coated with salt and become rigid. But fibre treatment isn’t a new science. Most mosquito nets are treated with pesticides that repel or kill bugs that try to land on them. Mosquito net openings are relatively large though. You would think the mask makers would have already incorporated some kind of virus killing treatment for hospital masks if it was practical.
Maybe they have…

Sorry its late, but one member here has mentioned with some references, that biological filters like N95 masks depend on a electro static (hope I got that right) property of the fabric as configured to stop virus particles, which can be degraded by soaking in fluids of various sorts, and then cuts the filtering capacity of the mask.
Not sure if steam coupled with high heat degrades the fibers as well.
If so then only a dry heat, either via kitchen oven baking, hot air application (which might spread the virus particles) or as I want to investigate, small scale crock pot baking, is about the only way to sterilize a contaminated mask.
I’ve mentioned a NCBI report that sites 86F as a temperature that accelerates virus particle death, which unfortunately I can’t find to review. I expect that higher temperatures than 86F are needed to sterilize a mask in a short period of time.
I’m going to pick up a cheap crock pot and thermometer in the next few days and try and run some temperature trials to see what the crock pot generates and if its high enough then use it myself in conjunction with a UV light sterilizer and a bleach bath to handle my outside carry of items if it gets that bad that I have to go full decon protocol when going out.
I’d love to see what this community can come up with before that.

I wanted to say this. We can’t be the site which just says “self quarantine and hide” to every person who comes here and asks how to deal with this crisis. We have to figure out ways that a person, of limited means and resources can go out into an infected world with some sense that they can survive without bringing it back to their family and group.
Its not this first wave we need to worry about. How it progresses is almost already written into the script. Its this Fall’s second wave which if history is a meter, is going to be much worse that we need to prepare for with common sense tutorials and information.

How to make a million masks a week.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayiF1xUASKs

Wyrldtraveler, those are two of my favorite disaster movies! That is a great scene in the movie The Day After where the Mom (in denial) is making the bed as a means of holding on to some semblance of normalcy in the face of impending disaster.
It reminds me of when my (ex) mother-in-law kept her standing weekly hair appointment the afternoon her husband of nearly 50 years died after a long illness. Her adult children felt it was callous and unbalanced, and were very upset. I understood it as a coping mechanism; her way of trying to look, act and feel “normal” when her world had just fallen apart.
Today’s coping mechanisms for many people (“consumers”) include eating out, shopping, and social media/activities. They will resist and become angry if access to those diversions are restricted or removed entirely during an extended crisis.
The authorities know this, which is why they’re advising people, “Don’t worry, trust us and go on with your lives as you normally would”. (They also need consumers to keep consuming as much and as long as they can to keep our debt-based economy afloat.)
That works, until it doesn’t: when the pandemic becomes so widespread and hits close to home that people realize they can no longer trust the lying authorities or deny their lying eyes.

1. I think you’re looking at those numbers the wrong way - if there are tens of thousands of infected people in eg Italy without crushing numbers of hospitalisations then it means that this is a fast moving but ultimately relatively mild illness for 99.99% of people - rather than the 80% currently estimated. Assuming that the reinfection/2 stage factor doesn’t affect too many people, that would be great! I suspect we’re not that lucky though.
  2. viruses have a massive difference in ratio of those detected:total infected. I don’t think you can extrapolate from hepatitis. MERS and SARS are much more closely related and had very low levels of mild cases - so almost everyone infected was detected as they developed very serious illness.
  3. I think it is important to keep the big picture in mind - this is likely to be a significant challenge to our hospital systems and quite likely to be the anvil that breaks our overly leveraged/complex manufacturing and financial systems, at least for a while. However, humans are very resilient and inventive and this is not the Black Death - most people will be able to muddle through, especially those who are forewarned and prepared.

I completely agree with you Tom. Well stated. My comparisons have endless problems but I could not find anything better that estimated infectious yet untested people in the community so I kind of did a ballpark routine and extrapolated with the one virus that did have good research.
And indeed, if there are huge numbers of infected it actually means the death rate is ultimately quite small and that is a huge relief. So I am happy you pointed that out. Its hard to come to a different conclusion actually if the R0 is really as high as six and case fatality rates are as little as a few percent then the total population impact is negligible (I say that respectfully for anyone who has a family member who might die).
It also implies the Chinese containment experiment was wildly exaggerated. I know a guy who just shakes his head whenever the subject comes up and he says “its just a bloody smoke screen Nairobi, don’t you know better yet”! Maybe he’s right. Its like a dog that barks but does not bite too hard.

Try this…

Vitamin C already being used to prevent and treat COVID-19 in China and in Korea. And it is working

View web version  

DOCTORS REPORTS FROM CHINA AND KOREA (OMNS)

<https://www.lifeinnorway.net/coronavirus-in-norway/&gt;

This isn’t scientific info just practical knowledge picked up at work.
I worked in the health service and put together a project to re-procure all our dressings.
Looked at all the different sorts of dressing and worked closely with medics including TVNs (Tissue Viability Nurses).
A small but important part of the range (3 years ago) dealt with the invisible Biofilm that can exist over a wound.
There wasn’t a test for it that I remember but the symptom was a wound that wouldn’t heal even after using aggressive anti-microbial dressings such as silver and honey.
So it is definitely a thing and you could usefully research the current dressings available and then follow the chain backwards to some research.
Google biofilm dressings. Convatec are active as a company.