India Bans Many Pharmaceutical Exports

I know Native Americans used this for their wintertime vitamin C source. I had recommended the white pine needle tea in a post recently but I don’t know if other types of pine are safe. Also, during the growing season, you can often find rose hips to forage, another excellent source of vitamin C. I had a nice plant growing next to the building where my practice was, right next to a small stream, but the public works guys bulldozed it when doing a project. What a shame!
Foraging for foods in the wild can often provide one with a higher nutrient density than what is bought in stores. We regularly eat things like wild leeks, lamb’s quarters, amaranth, sorrel, purslane, dandelions, and, of course, a whole array of different berries and fruits you can find around here in the summer. They’re all free for the taking and highly nutritious. One does have to be very careful looking for things like burdock and wild carrot, however, since there are highly poisonous plants that look very similar. I’m leery of those foods just like I’m leery of mushrooms. Death by those poisons is nasty!

It depends where you live and what time of the year it is. We get 0% in the winter.
http://blogs.oregonstate.edu/linuspaulinginstitute/2016/01/25/sunlight-vitamin-d-winter/

Thanks for your great input and sorry about repeating information for I did not see your earlier post. I forage a bit - right now the creasy greens are everywhere underfoot and just begging me to pick them. I guess they are loaded with Vitamin C also. I will add to your list: wild grape leaves are good in early summer with high amounts of antioxidants and are supposed to be an excellent source of Resveratrol (sorry to others for getting off subject).

We’re north of the 45th parallel. Plus, we have a lot of cloud cover in the winter. That’s why parents in areas like ours have historically given their kids cod liver oil in the winter. But the other day, with the sun out and the temperature hovering around 32 deg., I was out on my deck with my shirt off catching some rays. We’re more than 2 months away from the winter solstice and you can feel the sun’s warmth increasing (and with it, the UV dosage). As long as the wind isn’t blowing, it’s not too uncomfortable for 5 to 10 minutes and you can crank your core temperature up by doing exercise like a kata.

I would have to do a taegeuk. :slight_smile:

Lots of options? Will Covid cause a shift or a collapse?
https://medium.com/insurge-intelligence/coronavirus-synchronous-failure-and-the-global-phase-shift-3f00d4552940

Thanks Barbara…this article really opened my eyes to the macro picture we currently find ourselves in. Sadly, it’s quite concerning…

Others have mentioned colloidal silver here and I am throwing my 3 cents into the hat.
Studies have shown it kills viruses and here is one study:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19746940
The article states colloidal silver “…showed antimicrobial properties against both bacteria … and virus … The bactericidal effects were noticed even after washing and repeated exposure of these carbon supported silver nanoparticles to fresh bacterial cultures, revealing their sustained activity.”
But will it work against this virus, the Covid19? As we all know - none of us know - yet; but I for one am not going to take chances with my life. Right now it is one of the best bets and one of the few substances that can kill a virus (other items include alcohol (Purell) and Clorox bleach).
So now I am sanitizing my hands with a solution of colloidal silver and since it won’t be harsh on my face skin, I can also spray on my face around my eyes, nose and mouth to kill the little buggers. And will this work? Don’t know - but I am betting my life on it.
There are many promising studies done on colloidal silver which you can find at pubmed.gov which is the US Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health.
On another subject I want to share some info, though many of you will not like this comment. However, it must be said so please don’t shoot the messenger:
It is about facial hair.It has been mentioned how a facepiece respirator (aka mask) can not seal properly on skin with facial hair. However, there is something else to consider. In the present situation facial hair can be dangerous to your health. Study shows facial hair is like big sponge and these invisible creatures (i.e. bacteria and viruses) can latch on and make a comfy home for themselves.
So…word to the wise.