Introducing GoldCore

I am a gold bug. And a silver bug. And I like trees and land and oil wells.

In short, I am a huge fan of hard assets. The reasons why are numerous but they all rest on my profound disdain for the ruinous policies of the US Federal Reserve and other central banks.

They’ve never met a crisis that they (a) didn’t create themselves and (b) decide needed to be met with a wall of fresh money printing.

Inflation isn’t the price of things going up, it’s the value of money going down.

Exhibit A:

I sincerely doubt the Fed manages to work off more than 20% of that last burst of money printing before they are “forced” to fire it all back up again and print, print, print.

My prediction is that the next set of crises are barely a year away if that. While neither of us can do one thing about the Fed’s ruinous tendency to print, we can side-step some of the damage by getting out of paper currency and into hard assets.

In our desire to help you navigate these troubled waters, we are constantly searching for the right partners who bring great customer service and good offerings to the table.

Today I am pleased to introduce GoldCore to you. After many phone calls, and then personally trying out their service (without them knowing about it, of course) I can heartily recommend this firm to anyone who wishes to buy and then securely store gold and/or silver.

I really like the GoldCore team, their philosophy, and their overall approach to providing top-notch client service.

Full disclosure: this is an affiliate relationship. While you will not be charged a single penny more for our referral to GoldCore, Peak Prosperity will receive some compensation should you open an account and buy and/or store gold or silver with GoldCore. I will always disclose such arrangements as a matter of principle. Here’s the link: https://info.goldcore.com/peak-prosperity-contact

Fuller disclosure: Evie and I have silver in a vault in Zurich stored with GoldCore and that feels good. I found the process of opening an account the most seamless of my entire experience of opening various accounts. They’ve done well with their technology and processes.

I plan to have Stephen on my show on a routine basis to help us stay abreast of economic and financial events as they unfold.

Finally, I (and my team) are 100% interested in any feedback (positive or negative) you might have about your experience(s) with GoldCore. We aim to please (and so does GoldCore).

So, without further ado, allow me to introduce Stephen Flood, the CEO of GoldCore.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://peakprosperity.com/introducing-goldcore/

Precious Metals

I am curious if you, Chris, or any members of Peak Prosperity are familiar with UPMA in Utah, which functions both as a depository and similar to a bank, issuing debit cards which can use you account holdings to convert to fiat to pay for things. Any experiences, good or bad?

1 Like

I have not heard of UPMA.

1 Like

I have not heard of UPMA, no. Will ask around though in my network to see.

1 Like

Gold Before Adam Is Placed In Eden To Work The Garden

https://youtu.be/w5w3maw8QVo

2 Likes

Price!

Didn’t mean to shout. Other sources give their price which varies with quantity procured. As to “in whose hand is it held…” I rather like that hole I dug on the hill above the old log cabin chimney ruin on the other side of the small creek!

4 Likes

Nope. I am not. If you find anything out please share?

1 Like

“segregated”

A really important point in being able to trust that your gold or silver is securely held is in the concept of “segregation.”
Completely, absolutely untrustworthy are the ETFs such as GLD or SLV whose 75-page prospectuses articulate several ways you don’t have any claim at all to the underlying metal, to the extent it even exists and hasn’t been doubly promised elsewhere (“rehypothecated”). So that’s a zero on the trust scale.
On the lowest end of the trust scale for me are vaulted holdings that are “pooled.” What this means is I might “own” 10 ounces of silver being held but I am actually assigned to a given 1,000-ounce bar that might have 99 other such “owners.” Or perhaps I am not even assigned to any particular bar but to a pool of such bars existing within a vault.
It’s not even clear to me, having poured through some of these documents that the claimed metal cannot be otherwise encumbered or used.
The next level of trust higher, and it’s much better, is “allocated.” You own a specific bar. It’s in a vault somewhere on a shelf. It can be, and usually is audited by a third party on a routine schedule.
But the best level is “allocated and segregated” which means the precise bars or coins you bought are tucked in a box or shelf space with your name and only your name (or ID numbers) on it. It’s fully segregated and never comingled.
https://peakprosperity.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/Segregated-Vault-gold-silver-1676994602.8655.jpg
Your box is your box. When it’s audited your box is audited. What’s in there is what you have.
With GoldCore you not only have fully segregated holdings, but they allow you to tap into the actual third-party vault system to see that it’s there.
Yes, I have trust issues. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Why Sweden

Chris, why Zurich?
It seems like the Swiss have been a bit less neutral given the interactions with the Nordstream fiasco.
George Gammon mentioned Using Rolex’s as potential way to transfer Purchasing power between countries or keeping that purchasing power outside of the banking system.

1 Like

A Bird In Hand…

I’m not sure I would feel my gold, if I had any, would be secure unless I could actually hold it in my hot little hand whenever I wished. No, honest, my alter ego is not Scrooge McDuck! But, too many things could happen, some in a heartbeat, to trust it could be delivered to me when I asked for it.

2 Likes

Their website is UPMA.org
I’d be interested in your opinion…not sure I understand some of the pitfalls to look out for!

1 Like

Chris, you just burst my bubble. I was listening to Stephen speak and while listening to him with his slight Irish accent (no disrespect), I was imagining storing my gold in Griggots Bank from Harry Potter. Alas, plastic storage bins are not nearly as exciting. ?

3 Likes

Yes, the core position is always always in your hot little hands. But there’s a moment where you have ‘enough’ in your hands and/or you decide to spread out the jurisdictional risk a bit.

4 Likes

It’s Switzerland, and in the scheme of things, SWI is still one of the most privacy and legally protected places in the world.
Mainly due to the fact that any changes to laws have to go through a national referendum to add, repeal, or amend any law.

Federal referendums were held in Switzerland on 7 March, 13 June, 26 September, and 28 November 2021.

Swiss referendums take three forms: popular initiatives, which are citizen proposals to create a new law and require 100,000 valid signatures on a petition to get on the ballot; facultative or optional referendums, which are citizen proposals to approve or reject a piece of existing law and require 50,000 valid signatures on a petition to get on the ballot; and mandatory referendums, which are required to revise the constitution, join an international organisation or introduce emergency federal legislation for over a year.
So, I think with proper attention it's unlikely that the current rules will be changed without my notice.
2 Likes

Bitcoin?

Bitcoin is more scarce and there are no uncertainties of its future inflation rate. Just like gold bitcoin is a commodity that no one issuer has total control over. Bitcoin acts as a store of wealth, albeit higher volatility short term than gold, outperforms gold as a medium of exchange and also as a unit of account. Fiat will be replaced as it trends toward zero and bitcoin has the potential to fill this gap as a new and genuine money.

1 Like

Hard Asset Alliance

You were of fan of this company for a very similar service. Is that still the case? I opened an account with HAA and have some things in one of their vaults. Wondering if I should be concerned.

1 Like

and there is the rub which makes it difficult to discern what percentage should be physical versus stored in a vault. There are a lot of companies out there that do similar services which are attractive (Kinesis, etc), but knowing and trying to mitigate risk in light of potential government confiscation (there is history) in addition to that risk spread between gold versus silver versus other hard assets (oil, etc).

Is Educating Your Clientele Part Of What You Do, And How?

I am new to this, but I have bought some PM. I have questions daily. What percentage of my nest egg should be in gold/silver? How do I know when to sell? I am on my third book on this (due diligence).

I think the same way at this point. If I lost the internet and phone, I’d have a hard time moving money from a vault in OshKosh. Trying to be creative about where t store it.

That was great, Raphe(?). Heard/read that verse many times, always wondered what made the gold good. Or was it just plain good that it was there?