It's Time to Discuss The Real Reasons Driving The Violence, Informed Consent Replay, Pt. 1

And nobody thought to make sure the frikkin doors were locked??? Insanity. If a person was shooting up a storm outside my house, the first thing I’d do was make sure my doors were locked so they couldn’t come in!

6 Likes

Guns

This was a great video, although difficult to watch. I have two young sons, and just the thought of any harm coming to them at the hands of an evil scumbag on drugs is too much to bear.
I grew up with guns. I went shooting all the time with my dad and other family and friends. Shooting is something that has been a part of my life since I was a very young boy, as well my neighbors and other folks I grew up with. In the same way I will teach my sons how to frame/weld/wire when they are old enough, I will teach them how to safely use firearms. They are a tool, like anything else, and one of many skills that are traditionally handed down through generations in families like mine, that you don’t typically find on the coasts.
It is my view that the vast majority of folks are safe with guns. There is always room for improvement, and shooting/combat courses are worthwhile for any of us. You can never have too much practice. With that said, folks like me would like to see LESS government infringement, to say the least. I am a 2A absolutist. I concede that an instant background check is something I am willing to live with, but for me the buck stops there. In my view, teaching your children when they are young is the most surefire way to develop in them a life-long skill that will be “second nature,” if you will. No amount of gun safety courses will prevent a knothead from being a knothead, and I am loathe to cede any more ground to the ever encroaching horde on the gun control issue. I also believe that as Americans, we have a God-given right to self-defense, and the natural right to the ownership of actual giant fire breathing jumbo banana clip assault rifles to protect our loved ones, although that has been eroded a great deal. If we give them any more ground on the gun issue, it will be used in perverse ways just like we see with Covid.
One thing I think many folks don’t grasp is that not only can guns be 3D printed, they are pouring over the borders and coming in by the pallet on ships. If you can find run-of-the-mill street drugs, you are one “fella” away from an illegal gun buy. There is no putting even a little bit of this genie back in the bottle.

12 Likes

We didn’t evolve to remain sedentary for 6-7 hours a day consuming and regurgitating content as children, boys especially are not well suited to such environments. Kids struggle because we designed the govt Ed system like a soulless prison / assembly line to mass produce labor widgets used to enrich the elite. Critical thinking and individuality threaten the system so it’s taught out of them, leaving them easier to manipulate. They are forced into a system where all their natural gifts and nature are an impediment and because the system serves the elites need for labor units it must not be changed.
Their solution is to blame a newly “discovered “ defect in the children themselves by shoveling methamphetamines and SSRI’s into them. We also know decades of drug induced brain alterations have no long term affects on developing children because Big Pharma who is profiting off of them told us so.
Imagine a lion that lives trapped in a small enclosure with no stimulation and claiming it’s suffering because it has a behavioral disorder caused by incorrect brain chemistry and the answer is to literally give it meth.

14 Likes

This is a great comment. I’m in my mid 30s, and I had an elementary school teacher try to pressure my mother into getting me into treatment via Ritalin. I am so glad my parents knew better. I have friends that believe add stimulants and/or ssri’s destroyed their mental and physical health later in life. Adderall/Ritalin/Vyvanse is powerful powerful stuff. I can’t believe they give that crap to kids.

6 Likes

Who Was Drugged?

In the Spirit of understanding… Why did LEO’s of every stripe inexplicably stand down, with an individual killing their children. Why was it a Border Patrol agent who killed the murderer? How many little towns could have a U.S. Marshal magically appear at a school shooting? Sheriff’s Department, City Police and Texas Department of Public Safety Troopers were a phone call away.

2 Likes

Chris Omitted The Obvious…

really great discussion, but Chris omitted the obvious.
the police and feds stayed outside because the shooting was a fed planned exercise. TPTB need to confiscate all guns because the day is approaching soon when the people will need those guns to defend their sovereignty and rights, defend themselves from the fed.
the shooting was another psyop to build the case for taking your guns away from you.
expect more shootings soon.

9 Likes

What I Like Most About This Content

I’ve come across some if these points in the past but I lacked the context to be able to confidently talk about them with others.
It’s like with the covid stuff, I knew the response was wrong…
But only had my intuition to back it up.
This was a fantastic episode and I really appreciate content like this.

2 Likes

People seem to confuse busy boys with ADHD, and I guess for Dr’s that confusion makes them $$.
Busy boys like your son are a delight to see.
I have ADHD. Adult diagnosis after our son was diagnosed, suddenly my life made so much sense. Common story.
He was inattentive, not gross motor hyperactive, though very fidgety. I am the same. It is not a mental health disorder, it is a neurodevelopmental disorder. You can have a very high IQ, but struggle with daily life because of task initiation, impulse control, task sequencing, fixated concentration, distractability, forgetfulness. It is a very poorly named condition. It has been named after signs visible to the outside world rather than the condition itself. Similar to naming renal failure after the visible fluid retention and calling it swollen ankle syndrome. It would be better to be named delayed / disordered frontal lobe development or something equally as descriptive.
It carries such a stigma, and the idea of 'smacking it out ’ of children is so damaging. I can tell you smacking does not work to fix a brain problem, but it surely damages your parents/child relationship. We are trying sooo hard every day, and nobody can see out effort, (me as and ADHD’er and us as parents). The fact that we have trouble making decisions, sequencing projects, or getting things done just looks like laziness to the outside world. And it’s frustrating to be stuck in a world you just can’t seem to get under control. Punishment is hurtful and it is understanding and training/support which is required. Comparing girls to boy at the same age is always unfair, and comparing ADHD kids to same age is also unfair as their frontal lobe is 2-3 years behind developmentally.
We tried Ritalin then Concerta for our son. Ritalin gave a bad wear off effect, and Concerta he stated he simply did not feel like himself. He said it made him feel kind of flat and empty. He lost his sparkle. His growth plateaued and his weight fell to the low 10th percentile.
We took him off it as it didn’t really help him anyway…
I tried a Concerta at one stage and it was fantastic while in my system. My brain stopped chattering, the 8 legged octopus game of though bubble whack a mole stopped. I could focus and complete a task and move onto the next. My crazy, restless drive in circles was gone. I could concentrate. As an adult I could compare the old and new version of my day.
However I also noticed the anxiety kicker as the medication wore off.
Have had depression and anxiety as a younger person so could recognise and deal with it. I think it would be a frightening and overpowering sensation for a youth with no experience of anxiety or anxiety management.
Anxiety and depression, are often co-morbid with ADHD. I suspect because ADHD makes life so difficult. Or perhaps brain structure/neurochemical related.
An ADHD kid with no guidance and support really is a walking time bomb for some sort of incident. Alcoholism, drugs, crime, suicide are all increased in this group. Impulsivity plays a big part. So does teenage boy bravado.
Teachers can also make or break. And of course parents, and mates.
We have had years of crap teachers with the odd gem. They do little learning on any disability. This years teacher is legendary. She has her own ADHD’er.
She knows about strategies that work. And they do.
We seem to live in a society where we throw pills at kids without even making correct diagnoses. Kids who need support miss out due to lack of funding and clogged wait lists. And kids who need a smack end up medicated and clogging the wait lists.
Exercise helps, herbalism helps, good food helps, pets help, hobbies help. Accurate diagnosis helps.
Bipolar is also regularly co-morbid with ADHD.
Not sure the point I was originally going to make, but it is a big topic.
If there is ever a sudden short supply of any of these type of meds there will be a lot of people hurting all at once.

9 Likes

The thing the anti-gun crowd seem to forget is that only by giving increased power to another group of gun owners (government thugs) can the guns be removed from the good folk who own them. How can the anti-gun crowd NOT see this is a bad idea.
If you don’t want me to own a knife, and you’re willing to threaten me with your knife to take mine away - I have an increased reason to keep mine. Equal power.
Guns are just the apex weapon at street and home level.
Maybe if those teachers had just sung kumbayah to that gunman everyone would have survived… perhaps there would have been less deaths if there was a gun safe in each class and Miss Jane knew how to handle one.

4 Likes

Alcohol is associated with almost half of homicides and suicides in the US and should be a part of this discussion. There are psychiatrists (a few) who are now specializing in discontinuing psych meds, they say it should be done carefully for the reasons stated in this talk-strong effects mean strong rebound with withdrawal. You can find them through Google, some of them work remotely and are licensed in multiple states. Not medical advice consult a practitioner, just a personal opinion.

6 Likes
perhaps there would have been less deaths if there was a gun safe in each class and Miss Jane knew how to handle one.
but why should there be guns in schools? something's very wrong when schools have to be defended/protected with guns.
1 Like

Very true. The fact we are at a point in society that this would even need to be considered shows how messed up things have become.

2 Likes

Alert: Harsh Words Ahead:

I am one of those people Matthias Desmet is talking about. I live in Belgium and I use Paroxetine. Daily, 30mg. I am 53 and hardly experience any side effects from the medication.
A little over 2 years ago I couldn’t take it anymore and decided to go to the doctor one morning. He referred me to a psychologist and prescribed the medication. Since then I visit him every 3 months for a check-up and follow-up medication. The sessions with the psychologist stopped because of the fact that I was doing well.
For a long time I suffered from violent storms of thoughts in bed at night. It’s like firestorms raging through my head. Since taking that paroxetine I no longer have that phenomenon. That alone is reason enough for me to keep using the stuff.
What Chris describes about demoralization is very recognizable. Those were exactly the symptoms I had. Being forced to participate in a system that is fundamentally unjust and against which you are completely powerless. I still have the conviction that I am nothing more than a piece of cattle owned by a boss or small group of bosses who are the owners of the system. The sessions with the psychologist and the medication have not taken away that conviction but have helped me to resign myself to it or at least to be able to deal with it.
I cannot possibly change the system. Nor can I get out of it. When you get sick, you have to go to the doctor and you need money to pay that doctor. To get that money you have to work and to do that work you have to meet the requirements that “they” have set. Either through an employment contract with an employer or through your own business that you register with “them”. Having your own company is nothing more than an official status. You have to pay taxes on money and hand it over to “them”. You have to do all that in currency that “they” have issued. There is NO way to get out of that system. I am property and so are you!
I have now found a job that I really enjoy doing. I bought a piece of land to make my garden in it and have 5 cute little chickens running around. I have exchanged my currency for real money.
These are just things I have done to make the most of it WITHIN the system that exists and give me an ILLUSION of autonomy. I don’t have that autonomy at all. I could lose my job. My land can be expropriated. My chickens pre-emptively culled and my money could potentially start to be taxed at 99.9% as soon as I want to spend it.
All measures that “they” can impose on me, without me having any power over it.
The balance in my life is now tipping in the direction that I am content with the illusion of autonomy and I am less angry about others having free reign over my life or life’s work. If a pill helps with that. Fine.
I often catch myself really hoping that everything will fall apart. Total chaos. Total collapse. And when that happens and society is wiped out, I pick up the weapons and go in search of those who were hiding behind “them.” These parasites must be exterminated to the last before I allow them to once again benefit from my hard work. Only upon the last head of such a lout that I blow off, may the box of pills go into the trash.

7 Likes

IF the shooter fired outside the school for 12 minutes before entering, does that mean he was having a gun battle with a police officer who was inside or near the school? In gunfights, 12 minutes is an eternity. Most gun battles in civilian life are over in 5 seconds. Most police officers carry only one or two spare magazines for their handguns which gives them a total of 24-52 rounds to fire in a 12 minute gun battle (depending on the caliber of the bullets and the capacity of the magazines). Only a highly-disciplined and combat-experienced officer (and they’re rare) would still have any ammunition left after exchanging fire with an active shooter for 2-3 minutes, much less 12 minutes. While you’re critiquing all the police officers’ performances in this incident with woefully inadequate verified facts, how many of you would still respect an officer who fought it out with a better-armed gunman for 12 minutes and then withdrew when s/he ran out of ammunition? You know, even Marines and Navy SEALS withdraw when they’re outgunned and out of ammunition. If you would still give that officer respect in an impossible situation, then we can possibly agree not to cast blanket aspersions on ALL police officers or ALL police officers involved in this incident. We simply don’t have much factual information yet. However, it’s already looking like the police performance in this incident will mirror what we learned about the Parkland incident: some were weasels and cowards, and some were heroic.
Here’s something I heard that bears confirming or disproving: some time ago that school district’s administrators decided to prohibit teachers and school staff from being trained and armed to deal with an active shooter incident. IF true, “how’s that workin out for ya?”

5 Likes

Let’s don’t rush to conclusions until we get all the facts of the case. Police strategy, policy and tactics changed dramatically after Columbine for exactly this issue of “standing around.” Now, the policy is: the first two officers on location are to form a “contact team” (ie. kill team) to go in and stop the shooter. (Ideally the contact team would consist of six officers, but if all you have two, two is what you go with.) This is true as long as the shooter continues to shoot AND has access to more victims. However, if the shooter gets cornered, trapped or barricades himself in a building and he has no more victims to shoot from there, the policy says the incident pivots from an “active shooter” to a “barricaded gunman.” The response is then to surround and contain the gunman where he is, evacuate the public, get tactical response officers on location, and begin negotiating with the shooter to surrender.
So a critical piece of information I’m waiting for is did the shooter barricade himself somewhere in the school or did police corner him somewhere? If so, was he unable to shoot any more victims from that location (not counting shooting at whatever officers were keeping him pinned down with their gunfire)? If that happened, what time did it happen? If that happened, that would explain why some officers looked like they were standing around doing nothing. I’ve seen some unverified reports that the shooter was barricaded in a classroom but no more details. This is a critical issue. We have to wait for these facts to come out before we can fully evaluate police action or inaction.

3 Likes

You will have to get in line to witness justice exacted upon “them”.

2 Likes

Real Reasons Driving The Violence

A part of Chris’ video really resonated with me. It was about demoralization - i.e. the disparity between what the culture is telling me as distinguished from what I see going on around me.
A few months ago, I simply accepted what I was seeing as being accurate. That is, I saw that the people actually running the West were waging war against a large portion of their citizens - included myself. This war might be intentional. It might be due to abysmal incompetence. It might be the result of wide-scale delusion or corruption. It is probably all those things at once. But the “why” of it doesn’t’ matter one bit. It is irrelevant. What is happening is simply happening. Once I accepted that, I actually felt much more peaceful. That peacefulness is a result of simply accepting my vision of the world as being accurate.
I also accepted the fact that living now is much like living in the 1930’s. The levers of power in large areas of the world have been seized by complete lunatics. It is just like the 1930’s. Untold numbers of people will die, be injured or otherwise harmed. I might be one of those killed or injured or harmed. Again, that acceptance brings me more peace than I had previously had. And, again, it is simply because at least now I accept the reality of the world I am seeing all around me.

5 Likes

Kunstler’s Take On The Matter

Jim Kunstler digs in on the bewilderment and demoralization in public education today, among other things: https://kunstler.com/clusterfuck-nation/childhoods-end/
It jibes well with what Chris has said, and adds a number of things relating to the demoralizing environment in schools.

4 Likes

Questions About Drugs And Aggression

I just read over the comments but haven’t listened to Chris’ talk yet.
My ADHD son uses caffeine as delivered in coffee to help him concentrate in the mornings when he make most of the important decisions in his work. He never had medications as a child, but figured this out on his own. What evidence is there for this to ‘treat’ ADHD symptoms?
Second question— Is it worth breaching medical privacy laws to require release of mental health status and treatment details of mass murderers? This would give medical researchers and the public better retrospective data to correlate certain drugs and the effect they have on young people. Also, I would like to hear some thoughts on possible unintended consequences of such a policy.

1 Like

Masculinity

Good to hear masculinity discussed. My own contribution to this declining state of affairs in the western world is the launching of a website that gives men insight into their own level of mature masculinity.
It’s based on the King Warrior Magician Lover archetypes with roots in Jungian psychology. If you want some self-insight, you can take the free test below.
www.masculinetest.com

3 Likes