Private Profits Vs Public Health

2020 has taken a lot of the wind out of my sails.

I’ve gone from being pretty skeptical of all-things-corporate-and-governmental to being completely flabbergasted at just how transparently self-serving and power/money-hungry they actually are.

Somewhere deep down I suppose I’ve been holding onto a remnant of hope that when push finally came to shove, better people and better policies would emerge. You know, because it’s a global emergency and all that.

But, nope. We got the opposite instead.

By way of example, I first began reporting on Ivermectin as a possible COVID treatment back in April of 2020. I’ve been following it every step of the way ever since.

Confusingly, all of the studies done on it came from poorer, third world countries.

The stupendously rich and well-resourced countries of the West – Europe, the US, Canada, and Australia somehow couldn’t find the time to fund a proper study of Ivermectin. A few are in the works, but they’re small and not finished and won’t report out until long after the first vaccines are deployed.

Instead, those same countries’ health managers dourly note that because there are no RCT (Randomized Controlled Trial) results, they can’t recommend Ivermectin.

However, the poorer countries out there, who instead are ‘richer’ in scientific inquiry in this regard, have somehow managed to plow ahead and perform numerous RCTs – 100% of which have come back showing a powerful preventive and curative effect of Ivermectin as a treatment against COVID-19.

All of this in great detail in my recent Banned YouTube & Vimeo video:

The data is 100% in alignment: Ivermectin blocks COVID pre- and post-exposure. Both as a prophylactic and as a treatment for limiting/reducing the worst of COVID’s symptoms, including death in early and late hospitalization.

Further, one study shows massive benefit to COVID long haulers, those unfortunate people struggling for weeks and months after infection with fatigue, brain fog, racing hearts and other maladies.

With such clear and compelling data, anybody who actually cares about and is responsible for public health has only one option: assuring that Ivermectin is used widely and immediately.

What flabbergasts me is, instead, we’ve seeing nothing but an eerie silence from our national health managers on the topic.

We might ask why. But my conclusion is based on this quote:

Humans are driven by incentives.

For some reason the national health managers in the US are not incentivized to discover and publicize cheap, highly effective treatment for COVID-19.

They instead have some other incentives. What exactly they are I can’t say for sure, but we can clearly see that “saving lives” is not high on their list.

As far as determining what is driving them, it sure looks like this is a major factor:

(Source – FDA)

The drug companies want to use the Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) pathway to get their vaccines fast-tracked to the population.

While we can (and probably should) argue about whether that’s a worthy goal, the fact that Ivermectin’s 90% rate of blockage of the development of COVID symptoms/infection should probably prevent the EUA from being a viable path for development for these companies.

But the priority now seems to be: block the mention and/or study of possibly effective cheap and widely availalble treatments so they can’t trip-up the EUA machinery. In other words: Just push the vaccine.

I mean, it would knee-cap the marketing and broad adoption of a vaccine if people had a legit alternative. Especially if people had concerns about the rushed development process of the current vaccine candidates in which numerous time-based safety parameters simply couldn’t be run.

Are safety concerns legitimate right now? Of course they are. Don’t let anyone try and convince you otherwise.

There’s has never been an mRNA vaccine before. There’s lots we simply don’t know about efficacy, side-effects or duration of immunity.

These new vaccines could be the next amazing development in vaccine technology since the first cowpox stick magically protected people against smallpox. Or a lot of complexities and undesirable outcomes we don’t yet know about may emerge.

While I understand the broadly-stated need for a vaccine, and while I am acutely aware of the damage that COVID has done to the health of hundreds of thousands of patients, the lack of interest in effective other treatments that our national health managers have so far displayed has my full attention.

The heroes of COVID are the hardworking doctors and nurses who, on their own very limited time, have managed to work out effective treatments.

The incredible crew at the Easter Virginia Medical School (EVMS) headed up by Dr. Paul Marik developed the MATH+ protocol which has evolved into a full treatment regimen spanning from pre-exposure prophylaxis to severe in-hospital Covid treatment.

Its cornerstone? Ivermectin.

I’m convinced that if the entire world were using this protocol, patient deaths and suffering from COVID would be drastically reduced.

EVMS’ treatments have ridiculously wide margins of safety, practically no side effects worth mentioning, and display incredible clinical benefits.

So the question becomes: Why aren’t western countries (the US in particular) putting all their efforts into distributing Ivermectin and promoting this protocol?

Sadly, there isn’t a good answer to this question. Only bad ones. Ones that place profit above concern for people’s lives and health.

An Important Decision Looms

I didn't write this article just to point out the obvious and magnificent failings of the national health managers. I'm writing it to alert you to the fact that an effective COVID treatment now exists.

If you or a loved one has COVID, or thinks they do, implement the Math+ protocol immediately.

If your doctor or health system won’t administer Ivermectin, go to a different one. Again, immediately. Time counts.

If unable to get Ivermectin through ‘approved’ channels, a growing number of people have discovered that it’s widely available for pets and farm animals. While I can’t comment on that strategy for legal reasons, I certainly do understand the desire of these people to do whatever’s necessary to protect their own lives as well as those of the ones they love.

I should also point out that vaccines and Ivermectin do entirely different things. They’re not really in competition. Or, at least, they shouldn’t be.

A vaccine will help to prevent contracting the virus at all.

But what if you do? Well, then you’d likely want to have access to Ivermectin as an option in your treatment regimen.

(I should note here that some of the people who got the placebo in all of the current vaccine trials did become seriously ill with COVID. As far as I know, none of them were offered Ivermectin as a possible therapy. Consider the ethics of that for a minute…)

The main conclusion is that a very ugly thing is playing out in our medical system. People’s health and very lives are being sacrificed just to make the drug companies a few more bucks and to satisfy other egoic desires of those in power.

We all need to be acutely aware how much of a danger this mismatch between our personal best interests and their incentive is. This is why I continue to parse through the data and seek out actionable insights.

We’re at that awkward stage of the COVID story where remaining ignorant of what’s happening is a plan in itself. One with real consequences.

It’s looking like we’ll all have important decisions to face soon: Should I take the vaccine or not? Should I wait? Will I be allowed to wait? What sorts of issues should I be on the lookout for?

In Part 2: My Personal Strategy For The Coming COVID Vaccine I lay out the biochemistry behind how the current mRNA vaccine candidates work, and share my own personal plans for whether, when, and under what conditions I may consider taking them. I also share my recent personal experiences with Ivermectin.

As mentioned, we all will soon have an important choice to make. For our own health and for those you care about.

Be sure to make that choice as informed as possible.

Click here to read Part 2 of this report (free executive summary, enrollment required for full access).

DISCLAIMER: THIS WEBSITE DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE The information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, images, videos and other material contained on this website are for informational and educational purposes only. No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment and before undertaking a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://peakprosperity.com/private-profits-vs-public-health/

Thank-you for coming right out and calling things the way you see them, and for helping us to see as well. This certainly has been a year of massive disillusionment! I appreciate your leadership in showing that it doesn’t also have to be a year for silently rolling over and taking it.

Its easy to forget just how lack-luster people can be. It’s actually rare for people to take ownership of a problem and without severe (life and death) incentive, strive for a better solution. I would even go so far as to say that the management (ruling) personality type, who seeks popularity and entertainment over statistics, philosophy and knowledge, exhibits this lackluster behavior more than any other social class.
The reasons are simple: laziness, popularity and politics. The management/ruling personality is not driven to power from a desire to “change the world”. Instead they covet the glory of title and an easy-life. What could be more cushy than warming a seat in a meeting room when the alternative is hard physical labor or the demand of heavy thinking in a career of scientific research or applied engineering.
As a meritocracy we should expect more from our ruling class but our culture is still only barely post-Victorian and the smart minds and driven personalities that could make a difference are still trapped in middle class anonymity. The business-lunch craving executives and G8 frequenting magnates and politicians of the modern ruling class, care only about the votes they need to buy to guarantee their next outing.
A broken culture can’t be fixed with the good intentions of a wise few, it needs to burn to the ground before reinvention can work.

Very simple, I will not take it under any circumstances. Ive said from the beginning and I’m holding to my declaration; the only way they will get that vaccination in me is to come to my house, hold me down and inject me.
The reasons why might not be what you think; Of course, I dont trust the system that created it. Of course I’m not convinced of the vaccine’s safety. But there is a MUCH bigger issue here; I will not be forced.
Tyrannical governments have killed WAY more people than covid ever will. This is a much bigger danger. Anyone who is really interested in public safety cannot ignore this.
To focus on “covid”, the “efficacy of a vaccine”, “treatments” and etc in the name of public health while ignoring the encroaching mandates, surveillance, fraud, corrupt media and utter disregard for individual liberty is like ignoring a brain tumor in order to focus on a hang nail.
I really dont care if the vaccine works or not. Thats not the issue here. The issue is, we are facing the greatest danger to human life and freedom; a tyrannical government. The only cure is resistance. We have to push back, we have to stand up, we have to refuse to comply. We have to get them to back down.
Personally, Im a little excited. This is what I practice self reliance for. This is my line in the sand. I’m going the distance on this one.

…I’d be calling for his impeachment. Got nothing but worse than gaslighting yesterday from his misadministration such as the vaccines getting FDA approval, maybe some day, but who knows how many hundreds of thousands or millions of cases of narcolepsy, auto immune disorders, and he-who-shall-not-be-named knows what else we will have by then. At least in regard to HCQ he at least sort of did one thing right. Many governors across the country are far worse than even he is in the Divided Failed States of America (DFSA). We are going to have an illegitimate President come 12:00pm EST January 20, 2021. I recognize Bernard Sanders, the candidate that would have won if there was not mysterious red-shifts, not fake blue-shifts promoted by fake populists who are actually corporatists/fascists in nearly every (s)election of the new millennium, perhaps worldwide, but definitely in the DFSA.

Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn did a study of dying heart patients. He put 24 on a strict zero cholesterol, low fat plant based diet. 6 of the patients would not follow the diet and were dismissed from the study early on. The remaining 18 patients lived for years. These 18 patients had 49 cardiovascular issues in the five years preceding the study. During the extended study, there was one angina event, when one of the participants strayed from the diet for a few months.
Dr. T. Collin Campbell did a cancer study on mice that were exposed to high levels of aflatoxin. Mice in the study were fed a diet of either 5% animal protein or 20% animal protein. 100% of the mice consuming 20% animal protein developed cancer, while none of the mice eating 5% animal protein developed cancer.
These are only two of many studies and they are readily available on the internet and in books.
The thing is, none of them are being “shouted from the rooftops” by the mainstream media, the CDC, the NIH, the FDA or the WHO.
Why? Money. Think Cattlemen’s Association, American Association of Meat Producers, American Dairy Council, U.S. Poultry and Egg Association and all the food manufacturers.
I’d love to see studies that show how plant based people are faring with Covid-19. Unfortunately, plant based people are rare and our society doesn’t recognize the importance of nutrition in a meaningful way.
Why don’t people self educate? Good question.
Our society doesn’t segregate food into addictive and non-addictive categories like we do other consumables like alcohol and opioids.

I guess my question would be after having been a VP at Pfizer one at this late date have any hope whatsoever in Big Pharma having anything other than profit as their motivation.
I have known for over 55 years that the system is hopelessly (I repeat hopelessly for you Trumpites, Bidenites Burnieites oor any other ites out there) broken beyond repair, My first clue? Vietnam. Of course in parallel would be the assassinations of JFK, RFK and MLK. Growing up in the 60’s gives one a rather clear picture of how the US is organized.
Of course when one enjoys the fruits of empire it is not only easy but required one turn a blind eye to systemic injustice, monetarily, socially and legally. As long as one resides at the top of Maslow’s Pyramid when can avoid looking more deeply at the endemic rot.
Since the mid 60’s I have looked with a critical eye at the empire and have a hard time seeing anything that functions well except for the Military Industrial Congressional Complex. The entire government has been captured by corporate Amerika. The narrative is controlled by 6 corporations. Amerikaans are fed a steady diet of Amerikaan exceptionalism. If one accepts the definition of Fascism as the melding of corporations with the state then we have been Fascist for decades. We even have corporations issuing USD. One of the main characteristics of Fascism is nationalism. It is clear that nationalism is a major part of the Amerikaan Zeitgeist. Look at the front of the NYSE. That has to be the largest Amerikaan flag in the world. Why? Doesn’t everybody already know we are in Amerika? How many people fly flags at their homes. I have been many places around the world. I can’t remember ever seeing anyone flying their flag at their home.
This virus has exposed the reality that is Amerika. The reality is every institution is a failure. There are over 59 million people in this country on welfare. The government has borrowed over 27 trillion USD. That means we have stolen the futures of our children and grandchildren. To put that into perspective everyone here knows a $trillion is a stack of $1000 bills stretching 68 miles into outer space. If one were to take that stack and 26 more and lay them end to end it would stretch From NYC 100 miles past Cheyenne Wyoming . Many of us will see it stretch to the Pacific. The treasury is being looted and the economy hollowed out daily. Blackrock is administering PPP. Hedge funds are getting “bailed out”. Does that sound like foxes guarding the hen house?
If you are not a boomer you are screwed. The system was designed for boomers. Does any Millennial seriously believe they will get SS? Medicare? How about the student loan debt they are saddled with? Amerika is feasting on its young.
Sorry to be so long winded but the FDA, CDC suppressing cheap effective therapeutics is not surprising. Being force fed a vaccine is totally expected. The system is dedicated to absolute control of every aspect of everyone’s life. We don’t have a dictator, we have a totalitarian system.
Thinking on any level deep down or otherwise that good people will come to the fore and make good decisions is beyond naive. For a country that believes in rugged individualism the reality is dawning that ruly you are on your own. It’s the end of empire and the fruits are rotting on the ground.
May the odds be always in your favor.

The demonization of HCQ simply because Trump was pushing it seemed like a bit of a stretch. Demonizing HCQ because Trump broke “radio silence” about it and that made it a threat to EUAs seems more plausible.

JP says it better than I ever could! Enjoy
https://youtu.be/qQ_XFUYAV_A

If there was a real plan to radically reorder the whole world (called The Great Reset and Agenda 2030 and The Future We Want), and if powerful corporate, governmental and NGO leaders were on record advocating the strategic use of the Covid crisis to leverage their plans into every corner of the world and every corner of every day life which would otherwise be unsuccessful, then it makes sense that “they” would be doing exactly what they’re doing. 1) As always, they are conditioning the public to passively depend on corporations and governments working hand-in-glove to discover the truth for us and solve all our significant problems. 2) They are taking actions and establishing policies that will insure that the “solutions” always produce more power and profit for the fascist government-corporate edifice and proportionately less of both for The Dirt People. 3) “They” are already engaging their narrative-creating machine to crush anyone or anything that conflicts with that narrative. At this point, they have mostly only engaged their soft power assets to accomplish this, but they have plans and assets to use coercion, the threat of force, and the actual use of violence to insure that no dissenters or Kulaks can muddy the narrative or in any significant ways thwart their self-appointed powers and policies.
So of course we should expect alternatives like MATH+ to be ignored and, if they attract too much attention, to be actively suppressed just like DWSNBN was. In fact it seems to me that we’re overdue to have Ivermectin memory-holed. When that happens we can resort to calling it DWSNBN-2.
We should also expect “them” to use their soft power first to enforce taking the vaccine and submitting meekly to lockdowns and what not. The last thing they’ll use is physical force, such as sending armed teams to your house to forcibly vaccinate you. They’ll start by requiring employees get vaccinated or get fired, and big corporations (like airlines and medical corporations and banks/financial services) will refuse services and products to the unvaccinated. Then admission to government buildings and services will be denied to the unvaccinated. Probably only after all the soft power steps have been implemented will they bring out the coercion and guns. In the US we have already had to submit proof of health insurance coverage with our mandatory annual tax forms. Think of how easy it would be to insert the demand that we each provide our vaccination records with our tax filings, or else.
To me, everything they want to accomplish will be made MUCH easier and universal by establishing a one-world digital currency (or multiple central bank digital currencies that cooperate so closely that they are essentially one). This digital currency will have to be forced upon The Dirt People with the threat of violence (like the Federal Reserve note is) if nothing else works. But expect them to first employ their soft powers and narrative-making. The digital currency may be given away with a cash balance (sort of like a gift card today and just like China just did on a small scale). A debt jubilee may be announced but to receive the $50,000 to pay off your debts you must accept it in the form of a central bank digital currency account while closing all your other bank accounts. Only after the public has started to accept the new central bank payment system will coercion and violence be employed to sweep up the dissenters and refuseniks. Or, if events force their hand before they are ready, an announcement would be made by President Harris on a Sunday afternoon (like Nixon in August 1971) that electronic bank accounts and Federal Reserve notes (cash) were to be phased out in one month and everyone was required by law to exchange them for new digital central bank accounts at whatever exchange rate she decreed. https://www.theorganicprepper.com/covid-vaccine/
I can’t help but get a little paranoid about the vaccine too. Couldn’t it be designed by an evil genius to further some other goals like depopulation and ultimate control. What if the vaccine “accidentally” sterilized 50% of fecund young people or caused one billion deaths? What if “they” discovered that the virus “accidentally” created an often fatal illness unless counteracted by another corporate-government temporary cure every 6 months. It would be like the “lysine contingency” in the movie Jurassic Park. Disobey the corporate-government dictates? No six month shot for you. Bye bye. (“The Lysine Contingency was a genetic alteration Henry Wu performed in the dinosaur genome. The modification knocked out the ability of the dinosaurs to produce the amino acid Lysine. This forced the dinosaurs to depend on lysine supplements provided by the park’s veterinary staff. In this way, dinosaurs could never escape from the park because they would never survive long without the food supplements. The Lysine contingency was intended to prevent the dinosaurs from damaging the global ecosystem.”) https://jurassicpark.fandom.com/wiki/Lysine_contingency

“Happy Hunger Games! And may the odds be ever in your favor.”

This is one of those topics you really dont want to get me started on. I am sure all here are on page with each other. Its amazing that those in power are still in power. as this could not happen otherwise. I always say people ( our governors ) cannot be this stupid - it has to be by design … I really begin to think how perverse the system is and are people lives being threatened… it must really run deep - either take the money and play - or be dead along with your family. Yes, they want us dead. they want to kill our economy. .at least those in the lower 90%. yes they want us to need them more. they want to control our health but want us to pay for it with our lives and our life savings. No way people are this stupid – even the stupidest people are not close to this ignorant. you can only come to one conclusion… We want you enslaved., we want all you own… and we want your health as well as that is the easiest way to keep you subdued.

Ignorance gets more and more popular in the new age…

Typo? Update: read protocol article where the MATH+ was updated to I-MASK+ protocol.

A German doctor has called for a halt of all studies dealing with the Pfizer vaccine. He cited an animal study dealing with what was apparently the same technology used by Pfizer. In the study, all of the animals initially had good responses to the vaccine but every last animal tested died when they actually encountered the real virus, due to an exaggerated autoimmune response.

https://2020news.de/en/dr-wodarg-and-dr-yeadon-request-a-stop-of-all-corona-vaccination-studies-and-call-for-co-signing-the-petition/
  The doctor had been a former executive of Pfizer.

Those Pfizer Doctors lay out a good case for concern about this vaccine;

1. It changes your DNA and your body’s response to the virus. In animal studies, those injected with the vaccine tolerated it well, but when they were exposed to the real “wild” virus their bodies had an exaggerated immune response and they literally all died.
  2. Effects the DNA in a way that may cause the body to attack chemicals responsible for the development of the placenta, therefore rendering women sterile indefinitely.
  3. Allergic responses to one of the chemicals in the vaccine are common.
  4. There has been too little test time to properly estimate the side effects of such a vaccine.

Few “experts” on this site. Just as Chris makes the distinction between Managers (incompetent ones at that) and Leaders (none in sight) , so also on the science and technology side, we must continually make a distinction.
We have “Experts” (CDC clowns and others for sale to the highest bidder) and we have investigators (like Chris).
Experts are the good students who memorize their teacher’s prattle and regurgitate it verbatim. They invented certifications and have them all. Unfortunately, in a rapidly changing world their book learning, certification and checklist were outdated before they were even generated. In my 40+ years in large corporations, the culture moved. When I started technical management attempted to identify individual merit as new people joined the company and quickly move everybody into a position that fit their capacities. I ended up in a supervisory track because I was the only technically trained person in the division who could do budgets and accounts (my bookkeeper mom made sure I had the basics). Now, credentials are everything. Critical thinking and capability to look at work from lots of perspectives, not so much.
If you’re not familiar with Snowden’s Cynefin model, it’s worth considering as identifying another driver of our problem besides malevolence and incompetence. Our current life conditions are beyond the capacities of the “Experts”.

The realm of expertise is the realm of repeatability. We develop massive lists of codified rules to tell us how to respond in every situation. You can recognize an “Expert” because he just responded, “Yes, that’s what’s great about my expertise. I can tell you exactly what to do”.
Now those of us on the PP site are more complex thinkers. I’m willing to bet that almost all of you thought - wait, what if this is a problem we never saw before? Congratulate yourselves, Investigators. You inhabit the real, complex and often even chaotic world where the checklists aren’t worth the paper they were written on.
In complex (adaptive) systems, we do know a lot about the system. We’ve seen similar things in the past and we can have intuitions about what to do to understand what’s going on. Investigators, unlike Experts, immediately realize this is NOT your grandmother’s version of the problem. We haven’t seen things happening like this before.
Complexity is the realm of parallel investigation for understanding and strategic tweaking of the system to see what happens. Experience with the system (not the Expert’s checklist) can be valuable, but only if you are capable of expecting and looking for surprises.
The PP group can also work in the Chaotic realm, where rapid [small-scale] prototyping with good backup/backout plans is critical. Be careful not to get fooled by thinking the world is symmetrical. In most systems there are a few solutions that keep the system working, but lots that have obvious [to those beyond mere Expertise] fatal flaws leading to catastrophic failure [e.g. Fauci’s early lie about masks should have been ruled out as leading to catastrophe by instilling doubt -assuming creating doubt was NOT the intention.]
https://www.agile42.com/en/blog/2020/11/23/a-decision-making-approach-for-resilience/?utm_source=1.+agile42+Community&utm_campaign=0f38ff405b-RSS_BLOG_BY_EMAIL&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_0262e2fe0a-0f38ff405b-94839229
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epXqgrm2hs4

The discussion reminds me of the lessons from a book on the Burgess Shale (not a light read), where the fossil record reveals that survival favours the adaptable to a randomness of influences.

yeah that really makes its sound bad,. it is quite unethical. There is no doubt in my mind that this is not a vaccine. it clearly genetic engineering. And it clearly unethical in itself to say its a vaccine.
But not only to the verifiable history of ADE response in animals is not enough, the potential immune response to placental tissue and use of highly immune stimulating PEG, is just insanity. In the end, it is clearly unethical and irresponsible. Not sure how they can do this without a clear conscience. Again, I wonder if they disclosed the previous ADE study results from animal studies on sars cov – and mers and others to the vaccine candidates… as required by law. I am pretty sure they have not. of they have used such terms to confuse those people into thinking immune enhancement is a good thing… and not a deadly thing…

Here is an easily understandable quote from the petition to stop vaccine trials:

For a vaccine to work, our immune system needs to be stimulated to produce a neutralizing antibody, as opposed to a non-neutralizing antibody. A neutralizing antibody is one that can recognize and bind to some region (‘epitope’) of the virus, and that subsequently results in the virus either not entering or replicating in your cells. A non-neutralizing antibody is one that can bind to the virus, but for some reason, the antibody fails to neutralize the infectivity of the virus. In some viruses, if a person harbors a non-neutralizing antibody to the virus, a subsequent infection by the virus can cause that person to elicit a more severe reaction to the virus due to the presence of the non-neutralizing antibody. This is not true for all viruses, only particular ones. This is called Antibody Dependent Enhancement (ADE), and is a common problem with Dengue Virus, Ebola Virus, HIV, RSV, and the family of coronaviruses. In fact, this problem of ADE is a major reason why many previous vaccine trials for other coronaviruses failed. Major safety concerns were observed in animal models. If ADE occurs in an individual, their response to the virus can be worse than their response if they had never developed an antibody in the first place. This can cause a hyperinflammatory response, a cytokine storm, and a generally dysregulation of the immune system that allows the virus to cause more damage to our lungs and other organs of our body. In addition, new cell types throughout our body are now susceptible to viral infection due to the additional viral entry pathway. There are many studies that demonstrate that ADE is a persistent problem with coronaviruses in general, and in particular, with SARS-related viruses. ADE has proven to be a serious challenge with coronavirus vaccines, and this is the primary reason many of such vaccines have failed in early in-vitro or animal trials. For example, rhesus macaques who were vaccinated with the Spike protein of the SARS-CoV virus demonstrated severe acute lung injury when challenged with SARS-CoV, while monkeys who were not vaccinated did not.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22536382/
Here’s a study from 2012 w mice:
Immunization With SARS coronavirus vaccines leads to pulmonary immunopathology when challenged on challenge with SARS virus

Chien-Te Tseng 1, Elena Sbrana, Naoko Iwata-Yoshikawa, Patrick C Newman, Tania Garron, Robert L Atmar, Clarence J Peters, Robert B Couch
Design: Four candidate vaccines for humans with or without alum adjuvant were evaluated in a mouse model of SARS, a VLP vaccine, the vaccine given to ferrets and NHP, another whole virus vaccine and an rDNA-produced S protein. Balb/c or C57BL/6 mice were vaccinated i.m. on day 0 and 28 and sacrificed for serum antibody measurements or challenged with live virus on day 56. On day 58, challenged mice were sacrificed and lungs obtained for virus and histopathology. Results: All vaccines induced serum neutralizing antibody with increasing dosages and/or alum significantly increasing responses. Significant reductions of SARS-CoV two days after challenge was seen for all vaccines and prior live SARS-CoV. All mice exhibited histopathologic changes in lungs two days after challenge including all animals vaccinated (Balb/C and C57BL/6) or given live virus, influenza vaccine, or PBS suggesting infection occurred in all. Histopathology seen in animals given one of the SARS-CoV vaccines was uniformly a Th2-type immunopathology with prominent eosinophil infiltration, confirmed with special eosinophil stains. The pathologic changes seen in all control groups lacked the eosinophil prominence. Conclusions: These SARS-CoV vaccines all induced antibody and protection against infection with SARS-CoV. However, challenge of mice given any of the vaccines led to occurrence of Th2-type immunopathology suggesting hypersensitivity to SARS-CoV components was induced. Caution in proceeding to application of a SARS-CoV vaccine in humans is indicated.